Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The curious thing about Mychal
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Here's the story on Kendricks that I guess most of us missed: If he's cut pre-June 1 or traded, $4.8 mil dead money, $1.8 mil cap savings. If he's cut post-June 1, $1.6 mil dead, $5 mil cap savings.

And if they part ways with Jason Kelce: cut pre-June 1 or traded, $2.4 mil, $3.8 mil. Cut post-June 1, $1.2 mil, $5 mil.

That's $10 mil cap savings and only $2.8 mil dead money if they cut both players after June 1. Add in Mathews, Smith and DGB and the Eagles will gain roughly $16.5 mil on the cap and only have about $4.8 mil in dead money.

Training camp could be interesting for more reasons than the obvious.
nephillymike
The numbers are true.

Note that a post June 1st cut doesn't have to wait until June 1st. That designation can be made for two players every year and they can do it any time once the new year started (I think that was the 1st day of free agency).

They can do it tomorrow.

A trade is better, but June 1st designation could be helpful.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 1 2017, 09:25 PM) *
The numbers are true.

Note that a post June 1st cut doesn't have to wait until June 1st. That designation can be made for two players every year and they can do it any time once the new year started (I think that was the 1st day of free agency).

They can do it tomorrow.

A trade is better, but June 1st designation could be helpful.

A trade is better for the overall talent on the team, if they can find a partner who will give them a decent player. Right now that looks like a RB. A cut is better for bean counters because it gives them more to work with next year and they're looking at big contracts for Jeffrey, Matthews and Jernigan. Maybe not Matthews, but the other two will be looking for a payday and the cash drawer is pretty low.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.