Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just heard a Orthopedist on CSN
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
Advances in the last few years have raised the odds considerably, the fact he is young and has not played in the NFL significantly increases his chances of a full recovery. Chance of injuring it again is only 3-4%, but there is a caveat. He says that he could be ready to play late in season, but will not be 100% until next season, though the chance of injuring it again would not increase. I still think they pretty much hold him out all year.
Joegrane
Thanks for the update. So if this is true then is Jones' 90% better than 100% of Grimes, Gratz, Smith or some other borderline CB in the last few games of the season when fighting for a playoff spot.?

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ May 1 2017, 04:17 PM) *
Advances in the last few years have raised the odds considerably, the fact he is young and has not played in the NFL significantly increases his chances of a full recovery. Chance of injuring it again is only 3-4%, but there is a caveat. He says that he could be ready to play late in season, but will not be 100% until next season, though the chance of injuring it again would not increase. I still think they pretty much hold him out all year.

Reality Fan
I would sit him out all year and take advantage of the possibility of having had 2 first round picks this year because he would have gone very early in this draft had he been healthy.

He would not be the difference of winning or losing a SB this year regardless.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ May 1 2017, 04:17 PM) *

That would be great news

I wish I could find the data in the medical journals search to back it up. This is significantly more optimistic than the NovaCare doc they had on WIP Saturday.

I will keep looking.

Pila
My son's teammate ruptured his Achilles when he was 15. Ten months later he scored 2 goals against Norway. That was only 2 years ago.

It's time to get with the times (+ youth = immortality).
D Rock
QUOTE (Pila @ May 2 2017, 01:10 AM) *
My son's teammate ruptured his Achilles when he was 15. Ten months later he scored 2 goals against Norway. That was only 2 years ago.

It's time to get with the times (+ youth = immortality).

My recently turned 12 year old daughter (a beast on the soccer pitch and baseball/softball field) had a partial tear of her left Achilles a year ago. She was initially given a gloomy prognosis that said she had to shut it down for a full year. Long story short, she was back on the pitch in 3 months, and has regained 100% of her pace. The only remaining ramification, is that I no longer allow her to play catcher. But she plays the 10 spot in a 4/3/3 alignment, leads her team in assists and is 3rd in goals.
nephillymike
Given Pila and D's stories and the attention a pro athlete gets, he SHOULD be ready to play this year!

My only experience with Achilles tears are Howards debacle and a friend at work.

The guy at work was mid twenties, ruptured it. Was a mover who went out for a few months getting therapy 5x a week, and still goes to therapy 3x a week and is not nearly as good as before.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 1 2017, 10:24 PM) *
Given Pila and D's stories and the attention a pro athlete gets, he SHOULD be ready to play this year!

My only experience with Achilles tears are Howards debacle and a friend at work.

The guy at work was mid twenties, ruptured it. Was a mover who went out for a few months getting therapy 5x a week, and still goes to therapy 3x a week and is not nearly as good as before.

Howard had a really bad one....his was ugly. As far as your worker....you would have to look at his diet, workout regimen, etc. and what physical therapy consists of for him. He will never get the attention and therapy a pro athlete gets. Jones will literally get stretched and therapy every single day and for hours. Add in his youth and sports science diet and he will be made stronger....like the six million dollar man...lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.