Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Surprised
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I was totally convinced the draft was going to start with supporting Wentz, but they've gone D, D and D. I'm not disappointed, and I'm happy the guys in Novacare know more than I do. biggrin.gif

I'm going to be surprised again if they don't add offense now. I can't see them going into the season without a RB, and if DRock is right and they sign Charles I'll be mildly disappointed. I'm curious to find out if they think Pila's hero is redeemable and don't feel the need to draft a WR. Then again, maybe BPA is driving the bus.
Eyrie
I'm not.

I wanted CB, DE, CB with our first three picks and that's what we got,

However in round 4 I want a RB and WR before going BPA.

I could live with Charles as a one year deal to be replaced next year.
nephillymike
I think I'd rather bring Mathews back at this point.

Any 4th round RB can't be expected to start. Will be a contributor like Smallwood was.
Rick
I just keep hearing how they need a RB and, while I see what people are saying, I just don't see it as such a glaring need. They were respectable with their running game last year even though they SUCKED with their passing game. The defense was a bigger issue so I am more than happy with them addressing this.

Zero
I could see them going for Samaje Perine and Chad Hansen today. Smallwood is supposed to be a decent receiver and Perine is an earth mover. Wentz was throwing to Hansen a month or so ago.
Aitkens
After the mess we've been forced to watch basically since Jim Johnson died, I'll take it. Give me that aggressive, take no names, suffocating defense once again.

It starts up front, and the D-Line has to potential to be impressive this season. Let's add depth now, especially to the linebackers.
Zero
QUOTE (Aitkens @ Apr 29 2017, 08:47 AM) *
After the mess we've been forced to watch basically since Jim Johnson died, I'll take it. Give me that aggressive, take no names, suffocating defense once again.

It starts up front, and the D-Line has to potential to be impressive this season. Let's add depth now, especially to the linebackers.

They need to at least a RB unless they are planning on keeping Mathews. Being short $5 mil in cap space sounds like they need to cut Mathews $4 mil plus one or two more.
Aitkens
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 29 2017, 09:08 AM) *
They need to at least a RB unless they are planning on keeping Mathews. Being short $5 mil in cap space sounds like they need to cut Mathews $4 mil plus one or two more.

What do they always say, "Trust the process"

I would hope that they grab a RB, OL, and WR today. Can never have enough depth, especially along the OL. Realistically, with 5 picks left, I'd expect at least one LB, and another DB, in addition to the RB, OL, and WR.
Joegrane
I agree with Eyrie and Aitknens. I'm not surprised. However I thought that if they picked up a CB in round 1 they might go for a feature RB in Round 2 before going back to CB in Round 3.

I agree about OU RB as a big back to complement the others.

Samaje Perine*, RB, Oklahoma
Height: 5-11. Weight: 233. Arm: 30.38. Hand: 10.
40 Time: 4.65.
Projected Round (2017): 3-5.
4/25/17: Perine averaged 5.4 yards per carry in 2016 for 1,060 yards with 12 touchdowns. He had 10 receptions for 106 yards, too. Perine is a physical, tough runner who was banged up in his final season and also split the workload with Joe Mixon.
http://walterfootball.com/draft2017RB.php

I also expect them to pick a LB to groom to replace Kendricks, probably a DT and S too.

They addressed the biggest needs of the O in free agency. This gives Wentz a solid cast to work with now, rather than waiting for them to develop. They left the draft to Schwartz so he could pick "his guys" to develop.

QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 29 2017, 04:38 AM) *
I was totally convinced the draft was going to start with supporting Wentz, but they've gone D, D and D. I'm not disappointed, and I'm happy the guys in Novacare know more than I do. biggrin.gif

I'm going to be surprised again if they don't add offense now. I can't see them going into the season without a RB, and if DRock is right and they sign Charles I'll be mildly disappointed. I'm curious to find out if they think Pila's hero is redeemable and don't feel the need to draft a WR. Then again, maybe BPA is driving the bus.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.