Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just a thought
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
They move Marshall to WR. He looks more like a slot receiver than outside and there's been a lot of speculation about Matthews potentially being traded. Could this be a time when they move up using Matthews and switching spots? A CB or Cook?
Eyrie
Extremely risky. We'd be trading a proven player at an existing position of need in the hope that a player from another position can fill in at a reasonable level and guessing that the draft pick works out.

Far more sensible to keep Matthews and just draft where we are.
Joegrane
I like Matthews but I'd trade him if I was getting a starting-caliber CB. I don't think he'll be on the team in 2018. I bet Howie wants him for insurance in the event he cannot resign Alshon J or that does not work out.

I think Nelson A would be serviceable as a slot WR.

QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 28 2017, 07:29 AM) *
They move Marshall to WR. He looks more like a slot receiver than outside and there's been a lot of speculation about Matthews potentially being traded. Could this be a time when they move up using Matthews and switching spots? A CB or Cook?

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 28 2017, 10:35 AM) *
Extremely risky. We'd be trading a proven player at an existing position of need in the hope that a player from another position can fill in at a reasonable level and guessing that the draft pick works out.

Far more sensible to keep Matthews and just draft where we are.

Risky? They are not going to keep Matthews after this season....he will demand too much money for the type of WR he is. There is already talk that he is going to garner over 10 million per and he is not the type of dynamic WR that they will pay that too.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 28 2017, 08:07 PM) *
Risky? They are not going to keep Matthews after this season....he will demand too much money for the type of WR he is. There is already talk that he is going to garner over 10 million per and he is not the type of dynamic WR that they will pay that too.

The money in this sport is going through the roof. A few years ago Macklin got that money and now Matthews, who is good but not that good, can expect it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.