Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No trade down? Must be Joe's influence
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
Ravens rarely traded on draft day, just played their board. Looks like he is the one who called the pick.
nephillymike
If Barnett wasn't there, we may have traded down.

Joegrane
I wanted them to trade down and select a CB so the pick would not be bad value, but I was also okay with adding a DE to help the CBs.

In order to trade you have to have a partner. The only trades were for QBs, correct? Did you want them to trade down 5 spots to get just a mid 4th rounder when they should have gotten a mid 3rd?

This seems to have been a safe pick. I don't expect him to be a great player, but I don't expect him to be a bust either.

This could be another situation somewhat like the Eagles selecting B Graham ahead of Giants' JPP. The skins took DE/DT J Allen that some people had ranked in the Top 10, however there are health questions.

I suppose they are forced to take a CB in Round 2. Maybe it will be round 3 for the RB.

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Apr 27 2017, 09:51 PM) *
Ravens rarely traded on draft day, just played their board. Looks like he is the one who called the pick.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.