Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Well Mikey, they made your pick
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
Good move IMO
Dreagon
Sound pick.
nephillymike
I like it.

Hooker, Allen and Howard rated a little higher, but I don't know how we would work Howard in.

A need pick and one of the BPA.

Good move.

Let's hope there isn't a CB run before our pick.
Joegrane
Many predicted the run on CBs to be at the end of the 1st round. 4 of them went from 16 to 27. Won't be surprised to see King to also go before the end or Rnd 1.

Walterfootball has the following CBs remaining after King.

Jalen Tabor*, CB, Florida
Height: 6-0. Weight: 199. Arm: 32.
40 Time: 4.62.
Projected Round (2017): 1-3.

Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
Height: 6-0. Weight: 205. Arm: 30.63.
40 Time: 4.43.
Projected Round (2017): 1-3.

Quincy Wilson*, CB, Florida
Height: 6-1. Weight: 211. Arm: 32.25.
40 Time: 4.54.
Projected Round (2017): 2-3.

Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA
Height: 6-0. Weight: 206. Arm: 31.38.
Projected 40 Time: 4.35.
Projected Round (2016): 2-3.

Ahkello Witherspoon, CB, Colorado
Height: 6-3. Weight: 198. Arm: 33.
40 Time: 4.45.

Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson
Height: 6-1. Weight: 199. Arm: 32.25.
40 Time: 4.40.

Sidney Jones*, CB, Washington
Height: 6-0. Weight: 186. Arm: 31.5.
40 Time: 4.47.
Projected Round (2017): 2-4

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 27 2017, 09:32 PM) *
I like it.

Hooker, Allen and Howard rated a little higher, but I don't know how we would work Howard in.

A need pick and one of the BPA.

Good move.

Let's hope there isn't a CB run before our pick.

Eyrie
Barnett was the right pick for us. If Curry gets his act together then we'll have an excellent pass rush which will help out the CBs.
Zero
Who would you rather have, Derek Barnett or Sammy Sleeves? laugh.gif
Endlessknight
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 28 2017, 02:57 AM) *
Who would you rather have, Derek Barnett or Sammy Sleeves? laugh.gif

Wouldn't it be more accurate to ask: Who would you rather have, Wentz and Barnett or Bradford and Elliot?

I know I'm in the minority but I lean towards Bradford and Elliot.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Endlessknight @ Apr 28 2017, 06:31 PM) *
Wouldn't it be more accurate to ask: Who would you rather have, Wentz and Barnett or Bradford and Elliot?

I know I'm in the minority but I lean towards Bradford and Elliot.

I'd agree with you, but only the part about you being in the minority tongue.gif

I'll take a good QB and good DE over an average QB and good RB any day of the week and especially on Sundays.
Endlessknight
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 28 2017, 09:49 AM) *
I'd agree with you, but only the part about you being in the minority tongue.gif

I'll take a good QB and good DE over an average QB and good RB any day of the week and especially on Sundays.

72% completion percentage and a 4 to 1 touchdown to interception ratio, all while playing behind one of the worse offensive lines in football, is average?

Bradford has had horrible luck with injuries and teams but he is far better than average.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Endlessknight @ Apr 28 2017, 02:18 PM) *
72% completion percentage and a 4 to 1 touchdown to interception ratio, all while playing behind one of the worse offensive lines in football, is average?

Bradford has had horrible luck with injuries and teams but he is far better than average.

lol..you are fighting a losing battle here....many actually self pleasure themselves while shooting pellet guns at pictures of Bradford and if you question anything they say they lose their place and have to start over so they get pretty mad
Eyrie
QUOTE (Endlessknight @ Apr 28 2017, 07:18 PM) *

I'd say Bradford is an average starter in the NFL, based on his career. Wentz is already at that level with the potential to be elite. I'd rather have a difference maker at DE than at RB, although I will concede that Elliott is proven at he NFL level whilst Barnett has yet to play.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 28 2017, 08:05 PM) *
lol..you are fighting a losing battle here....many actually self pleasure themselves while shooting pellet guns at pictures of Bradford and if you question anything they say they lose their place and have to start over so they get pretty mad

The most alarming thing about that concept is that you must have come up with the idea from somewhere. You didn't get that upset by the infamous bar maid tongue.gif
Pila
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 28 2017, 09:50 PM) *
The most alarming thing about that concept is that you must have come up with the idea from somewhere. You didn't get that upset by the infamous bar maid tongue.gif

Bwah!
Endlessknight
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 28 2017, 01:50 PM) *
I'd say Bradford is an average starter in the NFL, based on his career. Wentz is already at that level with the potential to be elite. I'd rather have a difference maker at DE than at RB, although I will concede that Elliott is proven at he NFL level whilst Barnett has yet to play.

Context is everything. When one looks at Bradford career in context of the teams he's played for you can easily see that he's way better than average.

Seriously, could an average starter set the completion percentage record while playing behind one of the 3 worse lines in football, all while missing his starting tail back?

Bradford is a modern day Archie Manning.
Joegrane
I heard Seth Joyner say he thinks Curry was never 100% after the early injury. That makes sense. Curry had been so explosive in previous years.

I wonder if M Smith even makes the team. I don't recall his cap hit and dead money number.

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 28 2017, 04:50 AM) *
Barnett was the right pick for us. If Curry gets his act together then we'll have an excellent pass rush which will help out the CBs.

Phits
Like you said context is everything. His record setting season is an outlier, far from the norm....think of Nick Foles.

QUOTE (Endlessknight @ Apr 28 2017, 09:28 PM) *
Context is everything. When one looks at Bradford career in context of the teams he's played for you can easily see that he's way better than average.

Seriously, could an average starter set the completion percentage record while playing behind one of the 3 worse lines in football, all while missing his starting tail back?

Bradford is a modern day Archie Manning.

Endlessknight
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 28 2017, 05:55 PM) *
Like you said context is everything. His record setting season is an outlier, far from the norm....think of Nick Foles.

If all we had to go on was this one season I would agree with you but Bradford was an elite college QB, even heard some scouts say he was the best they've seen in 10 years, Foles was an ok college QB.

He was offensive rookie of the year and was great the 2nd half of his Eagles season (took the first half to get back to his best after not playing for nearly 2 years). When healthy Bradford has lived up to the hype.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.