Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One small wish in the draft
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I am a little impatient.

I would like Don Howie to be active in the trade market, but I would like the trades of our players to other teams have the result of getting us draft dividends THIS year.

It's been 56 years and to this 52 year old, that is too fucking long for another "next" year.
Zero
Just so long as it's not in round 1 he can move around all he wants to.
GroundedBird
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 25 2017, 05:52 AM) *

actually, with all of the prospects that are dropping (due to news events)... part of me is thinking...

drop back and draft all the bad boys.

Foster
Mixon
Cook
Conley

The list gets bigger every day and some of these issues occurred so long ago or have such sketchy details that it might be that the rumors are being orchestrated. (Well, maybe not in Mixon's case)
Dreagon
At least you get the benefit of making reasonable small wishes.

I'm stuck with wishing for things like...

1. Please don't let Jerry screw up yet another second round pick on a guy who fell out of the first round due to injuries or drug-related issues. Just once I would like us to head into training camp with TWO higher round picks that are healthy and not likely to get suspended.

2. Please let Jerry's grip stay weaker than Stephen's, just in case he has another Johnny Manziel moment and tries to send his own card to the commissioner on the first day of the draft.

3. Please keep Jerry away from reporters afterwards and talking about glory holes and war-daddies.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 26 2017, 06:41 PM) *
At least you get the benefit of making reasonable small wishes.

I'm stuck with wishing for things like...

1. Please don't let Jerry screw up yet another second round pick on a guy who fell out of the first round due to injuries or drug-related issues. Just once I would like us to head into training camp with TWO higher round picks that are healthy and not likely to get suspended.

2. Please let Jerry's grip stay weaker than Stephen's, just in case he has another Johnny Manziel moment and tries to send his own card to the commissioner on the first day of the draft.

3. Please keep Jerry away from reporters afterwards and talking about glory holes and war-daddies.

That would take all the fun out of it.

Unless Snyder can step up to the plate ....
The Franchise
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 25 2017, 05:52 AM) *

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with #14 - don't screw around and use the pick.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 26 2017, 01:24 PM) *
That would take all the fun out of it.

Unless Snyder can step up to the plate ....

That would be nice, but unlikely. Snyder's disasters usually come from free agency, coaches, or head office drama.

Edit... or alienating the first franchise QB he's had since damn near forever. That's always a classic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.