Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trade Down Scenarios
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
The Eagles sit at #14.

It seems that there should be a decent pool of good players at positions of need. The drafting of 2 or 3 QB's before #14 is pivotal in making that happen.

There may be a trade down opportunity for us. Howie is a wheeler-dealer and we could find ourselves in a band of 3 to 9 similarly rated prospects where we know we will still get one of them by trading down and getting a pick. I can't see us going any further than #23, a drop down of nine spots, so that is the floor for me. Here is what the trade chart says for these trade downs:

From..To......#Pts....Pk#....Round/Pick
14th...17th..150....88th.....3rd/24th
14th...19th..225....73rd.....3rd/9th
14th...21st..300....60th.....2nd/28th
14th...23rd..340....56th.....2nd/24th

I'd think about trading down for a 2nd or 3rd if the board developed that way. Howie should call all teams from #15-23rd and let them know we're open for business just in case it falls that way.

Also, I'd shop Kelce and Kendricks for player for player deals, or for a pick.

We need Don Howie to work the phones and stay the heck away from the board and ghosts of M. Smith/Danny Watkins of years past!!

Anyone?
Dreagon
In this draft it's probably going to depend on what falls to you. This draft is deep on several defensive positions, so a lot of people are going to be happy to sit where they are. On the other hand, if a high rated tight end or wideout falls to you, I could see somebody getting interested. I've also heard there's only a very few offensive lineman with first round talent, so one of those might get you somewhere as well.
Joegrane
Most years I'd be inclined to trade down a bit and pick up the additional 3rd rounder; however, I think they are in win-now mode. Therefore if they think CB Conley is the guy who is most ready to start this year, I'm okay with them reaching a bit to pick him at 14.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 23 2017, 08:53 PM) *
The Eagles sit at #14.

It seems that there should be a decent pool of good players at positions of need. The drafting of 2 or 3 QB's before #14 is pivotal in making that happen.

There may be a trade down opportunity for us. Howie is a wheeler-dealer and we could find ourselves in a band of 3 to 9 similarly rated prospects where we know we will still get one of them by trading down and getting a pick. I can't see us going any further than #23, a drop down of nine spots, so that is the floor for me. Here is what the trade chart says for these trade downs:

From..To......#Pts....Pk#....Round/Pick
14th...17th..150....88th.....3rd/24th
14th...19th..225....73rd.....3rd/9th
14th...21st..300....60th.....2nd/28th
14th...23rd..340....56th.....2nd/24th

I'd think about trading down for a 2nd or 3rd if the board developed that way. Howie should call all teams from #15-23rd and let them know we're open for business just in case it falls that way.

Also, I'd shop Kelce and Kendricks for player for player deals, or for a pick.

We need Don Howie to work the phones and stay the heck away from the board and ghosts of M. Smith/Danny Watkins of years past!!

Anyone?

Zero
I'm hoping they stay right where they are and take the BPA, with the caveat that he's not a QB. Moving up in the first will be too expensive for a "rebuilding" team and moving down may prevent them from getting that "transcending" talent.

The worst they can do is the 14th best player in what's supposed to be a draft with good talent, as long as their evaluations are solid. History tells us that the BPA available at 14 should be better than the 14th best because there will be teams ahead of us who will do stupid ... like Marcus Smith, Danny Watkins stupid.

After the first is when I think Roseman should do his dance if it benefits the team.
Eyrie
All depends on who is available when we pick. I'm not moving if we can get Conley or Barnett.

Otherwise I'd consider the offers.

As regards trading players, it all depends on what we can get and who replaces them. That makes it hard to move Kendricks because we have no depth at LB other than him, unless we want to rely on a rookie. Kelce will depend on whether Seumalo is ready to step in at C. I'd be looking for a fourth for either due to their value to our 2017 season.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.