Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Schedule looks tough
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles...edule_2017.html

Only good thing is bye is right in the middle, otherwise rough.
Zero
There's maybe only three games that aren't really tough, Chicago, SF and Rams . So much for a last place schedule.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Apr 20 2017, 08:16 PM) *
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles...edule_2017.html

Only good thing is bye is right in the middle, otherwise rough.

Barring the usual crap that skews predictions, I think we can put up 10 wins with that schedule, without being overly optimistic.

One thing is for sure - Week 2 could see 100+ combined pass attempts. Assuming KC loses Week 1 to the Pats, it would be great to send that fat fuck to 0-2, but this could very well turn out to be a case of the Master making less clock management mistakes than the Padawan.
Reality Fan
I agree....I see the Cowboys, the Raiders, the Seahawks and the Chiefs as the only real tough games. The Giants and the Skins are going to be bad.
Joegrane
I see the Skins taking a step back but why don't you like the Giants?

There seem to be many close games on that schedule. I don't see more than 10 Ws and that assumes they pick up a CB who is ready to start and a RB who can contribute fairly quickly.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 20 2017, 10:04 PM) *
I agree....I see the Cowboys, the Raiders, the Seahawks and the Chiefs as the only real tough games. The Giants and the Skins are going to be bad.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 20 2017, 11:04 PM) *

My thoughts were more about how the schedule plays out, the order and timing of them, more than the opponents in general. Like Thursday night game down in Carolina, not a great but, but the Raiders are in our house on a holiday at the end of the season, not good for them. Four cross country trips, KC, LA twice (how weird is that?), and Seattle. Just think the way it lays out is gonna make for a rough ride.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Apr 20 2017, 11:06 PM) *
I see the Skins taking a step back but why don't you like the Giants?

There seem to be many close games on that schedule. I don't see more than 10 Ws and that assumes they pick up a CB who is ready to start and a RB who can contribute fairly quickly.

The Giants lost Hankins and their O line is bad and getting worse....people forget that they had an offense ranked in the bottom 7 in points.

There are several tough games but there are plenty to be had.
Eyrie
The first thing I always look for on the schedule is the timing of our bye. Too early, and it's a sign that we're expected to have a poor season. Even if we do play well, the early bye makes December hard going. Week 10 is a good time to catch our breath and let the niggling injuries that have accumulated heal before we get down to business in December.

Talking of which, I don't like having three consecutive road games at any time, let alone early/mid December. I wonder if we'll stay on the West coast and just travel straight to the Rams after the Seahawks game, particularly since Seattle is a Sunday night.

Best bits of the schedule are three consecutive home games which can give us some momentum (although the bye will disrupt that) and having two at home to finish the season.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 20 2017, 11:04 PM) *

The Skins have a big change of sucking but I wouldn't bet on it, I'm not so sure about the Giants. Outside of the three I mentioned, I don't see anyone who could remotely be classified as a sure W ... not at this time of year.
nephillymike
Looking it over, I see 9-7.

At first glance, I have us 8-0 at home and 1-7. I know that polarization is unlikely, but the odds of another road win is offset by the odds of a home loss. My only road win is at LARams. An LA Charger win could happen, but easily offset by an Oak or Den loss at home.

9-7.

It will take a more than expected improvement by Wentz and/or the defense to get us that extra win and a playoff berth.

When I get a chance, I will see what last year's statistical models would predict.

Hey Optimystic, who do you have as our only two losses in your 14-2.prediction? biggrin.gif
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 21 2017, 06:22 AM) *
Hey Optimystic, who do you have as our only two losses in your 14-2.prediction? biggrin.gif

Prediction = 19-0 wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.