Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this Joe Mixon guy really that good?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Pila
And how bad is his character stain, like Cowpuke-draftee snot? Or an easily forgivable offense?
Joegrane
supposedly there is a video of the incident.

This is a good recent discussion
http://www.csnphilly.com/the700level/repor...erest-joe-mixon

I'm okay with the Eagles using their low 3rd and high 4th to move up and select Mixon in the middle of the 3rd round. That is a big enough drop to be a good "punishment". Someone could do the math but I assume this will cost him 5+ mil $ over the course of his career.

Some think he will go to the Eagles or Cincy in the mid 2nd round. I don't know about that. If they were to do that, they'd have to already have their CB in round 1 and I'd want them to say he won't be their starter this season. He'd have to earn the respect of the team, coaches and city before getting a starting job.

QUOTE (Pila @ Apr 20 2017, 01:37 PM) *
And how bad is his character stain, like Cowpuke-draftee snot? Or an easily forgivable offense?

Zero
QUOTE (Pila @ Apr 20 2017, 02:37 PM) *

Broke a girl's jaw when he was a freshman, she pushed him first and supposedly used a racial slur. Recently reported was that he punched a girl while he was in high school too. He sounds like a Cowturd turd.
Cowboyhater
Some say he has Elliot talent. Most say he would have been the first rb off the board if not for the incidents.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Apr 20 2017, 03:43 PM) *
supposedly there is a video of the incident.

If Pacman Jones had his way this video would send him to the Bengals at #9, though a veteran like Jones would've known to send that video to Worldstar. Rookies.

He also tore up a parking ticket and threw it in an OUPD officer's face, then drove his car towards her to intimidate her. Since he can run fast, he didn't get the punishment any other man would for that.

I want nothing to do with this thug if he's available in the 7th round, and frankly, I hope he gets a Leonard Weaver-esque injury during his first game.
Pila
I'm not that outraged about it. She did go for his throat. Instincts sometimes takes over when someone reaches for you.

You have to know what you're dealing with though. She wasn't much of a threat. I'm not excusing it. But a reaction (albeit unmeasured) isn't the same degree of douchebaggery as an assault.

The Franchise
QUOTE (Pila @ Apr 20 2017, 10:00 PM) *
I'm not that outraged about it. She did go for his throat. Instincts sometimes takes over when someone reaches for you.

You have to know what you're dealing with though. She wasn't much of a threat. I'm not excusing it. But a reaction (albeit unmeasured) isn't the same degree of douchebaggery as an assault.

In theory I totally agree, if this was a heat of the moment thing. But he clearly went in there to intimidate and bully a guy half his size after harassing them elsewhere, and to talk shit to her. Combine that with the parking ticket incident, and you have a guy who isn't likely to learn good citizenship after turning 21 as a millionaire.

Pass.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Pila @ Apr 20 2017, 10:00 PM) *

I completely disagree here. I don't dispute that she was likely a mouthy bitch. But 1. you walk away from that shit and you don't follow her sorry ass into a public place, you look like the psycho you are. 2. You don't punch a woman....ever! Walk away, punch her boyfriend but only the saddest example of a total piece of shit would punch a woman. Truly a sad human being. 3. I was almost ready to give him the benefit of the doubt and say maybe he learned his lesson and that he was brought up in a shitty home and then he has the incident at OU where he tears up a ticket and throws it on the ground in front of a parking authority cop. If that is how he learned his lesson and what he does when he is supposed to be on the longest and most important interview of his life than I don't want to see what he does with a few million in the bank.

Sorry...pass, pass, pass. And I will never get any man not being outraged by that video....that kind of scares me.

Ask Mikey...I didn't even hit the bartender with the big mouth.....lol
Pila
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 21 2017, 03:50 AM) *
In theory I totally agree, if this was a heat of the moment thing. But he clearly went in there to intimidate and bully a guy half his size after harassing them elsewhere, and to talk shit to her. Combine that with the parking ticket incident, and you have a guy who isn't likely to learn good citizenship after turning 21 as a millionaire.

Pass.

Probably a dick move on both counts.

I wish I could say I haven't had dick moves when I was his age. In fact, I've had dick moves well after his age. I've never punched a chick, but I've come close. I've had a girlfriend who tried to stab my eyes out with a fork. I've also torn a parking ticket in anger and only didn't throw it in the face of the corrupt chip because he wasn't there.

I also know there are better people than me. I've met a few in my life, so I know they're out there.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Pila @ Apr 20 2017, 11:49 PM) *
Probably a dick move on both counts.

I wish I could say I haven't had dick moves when I was his age. In fact, I've had dick moves well after his age. I've never punched a chick, but I've come close. I've had a girlfriend who tried to stab my eyes out with a fork. I've also torn a parking ticket in anger and only didn't throw it in the face of the corrupt chip because he wasn't there.

I also know there are better people than me. I've met a few in my life, so I know they're out there.

I have made many dick moves as well and have the scars on my knuckles to prove it..lol

I have hit a wall or 2 in anger from a woman and even destroyed my middle dash in my car with my fist but never came close to hitting a woman....I get the rage but that punch was just vicious. That guy has issues...big issues.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 21 2017, 01:42 AM) *
I have made many dick moves as well and have the scars on my knuckles to prove it..lol

I have hit a wall or 2 in anger from a woman and even destroyed my middle dash in my car with my fist but never came close to hitting a woman....I get the rage but that punch was just vicious. That guy has issues...big issues.

I agree ... but this is a different era. Sadly. Women fight, women are in combat and women can be just as dangerous as men. Our values are becoming of old fashioned it seems.

The parking ticket thing is silly, we have no idea what could have happened. The punch can't be excused but could be explained by the era and the girl pushing him and supposedly flinging the "N" at him. Reaction ... bad reaction, but reaction.

What seals it for me is the latest report that he did a similar thing in high school without the instigation. It ties all three together to show a picture of a bad guy who has never learned to control himself.
Eagle2720
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 21 2017, 04:47 AM) *
I agree ... but this is a different era. Sadly. Women fight, women are in combat and women can be just as dangerous as men. Our values are becoming of old fashioned it seems.

The parking ticket thing is silly, we have no idea what could have happened. The punch can't be excused but could be explained by the era and the girl pushing him and supposedly flinging the "N" at him. Reaction ... bad reaction, but reaction.

What seals it for me is the latest report that he did a similar thing in high school without the instigation. It ties all three together to show a picture of a bad guy who has never learned to control himself.

The high school girls father came out the night that report came out and said that "he doesn't think Joe ever laid a finger on my daughter" so I would take that with a grain of salt. He obviously didn't know their relationship, but I'm sure he would have some idea if he ever hit his daughter.
Eagle2720
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 21 2017, 04:47 AM) *

The high school girls father came out the night that report came out and said that "he doesn't think Joe ever laid a finger on my daughter" so I would take that with a grain of salt. He obviously didn't know their relationship, but I'm sure he would have some idea if he ever hit his daughter.
Eagle2720
Apologies for the double post.
HobbEs
After watching that I hope he goes undrafted.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 21 2017, 03:59 AM) *
I completely disagree here. I don't dispute that she was likely a mouthy bitch. But 1. you walk away from that shit and you don't follow her sorry ass into a public place, you look like the psycho you are. 2. You don't punch a woman....ever! Walk away, punch her boyfriend but only the saddest example of a total piece of shit would punch a woman. Truly a sad human being. 3. I was almost ready to give him the benefit of the doubt and say maybe he learned his lesson and that he was brought up in a shitty home and then he has the incident at OU where he tears up a ticket and throws it on the ground in front of a parking authority cop. If that is how he learned his lesson and what he does when he is supposed to be on the longest and most important interview of his life than I don't want to see what he does with a few million in the bank.

Sorry...pass, pass, pass. And I will never get any man not being outraged by that video....that kind of scares me.

In a shocking development, I agree.
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 21 2017, 03:59 AM) *
Ask Mikey...I didn't even hit the bartender with the big mouth.....lol

Sure, but that's only because you're a pussy, and internet tough guy.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Pila @ Apr 20 2017, 10:49 PM) *
I've also torn a parking ticket in anger and only didn't throw it in the face of the corrupt chip because he wasn't there.

Anyone who's ever parked in Philly and hasn't wanted to beat the shit out of a PPA scumbag is lying, or should be canonized. I hear you. But getting in your car and driving it towards said PPA scumbag is flirting with a serious crime.
Pila
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 21 2017, 06:29 PM) *
Anyone who's ever parked in Philly and hasn't wanted to beat the shit out of a PPA scumbag is lying, or should be canonized. I hear you. But getting in your car and driving it towards said PPA scumbag is flirting with a serious crime.

I once chased some kid with a pizza delivery van because he stole food from it. Probably should mention i wasn't even old enough to have a driver's license.

I've done stupid things in my life. And had an excellent upbringing. Kids are stupid in general. They do stupid things.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 21 2017, 01:12 PM) *
In a shocking development, I agree.

Sure, but that's only because you're a pussy, and internet tough guy.

ummm...the bartender was a woman.....and feel free to hop behind the bar...it would be wonderful.....but you, of all people calling anyone a pussy or an internet tough guy is beyond comical.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 21 2017, 01:43 PM) *
ummm...the bartender was a woman.....and feel free to hop behind the bar...it would be wonderful.....but you, of all people calling anyone a pussy or an internet tough guy is beyond comical.

And she did not like Bradford even a little bit as she proceeded to tell us, much to my amusement! The only thing missing was popcorn, to heighten my entertainment.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 22 2017, 06:15 AM) *
And she did not like Bradford even a little bit as she proceeded to tell us, much to my amusement! The only thing missing was popcorn, to heighten my entertainment.

But the left coast tough guy would have punched her......because he is...you know...a tough guy..lol

But I think she was just trying to mask her lust for me with her critique of Bradford...she wanted me bad....hahahahahaha
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 20 2017, 10:59 PM) *
ou don't punch a woman....ever! Walk away, punch her boyfriend but only the saddest example of a total piece of shit would punch a woman.

Reality Fan
Not sure what Chris Rock or the other clown has to do with it but if you think it is ok to hit a woman terrific...speaks volumes about your character...

I stand by what I said....it is never ok to hit a woman
Pila
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 24 2017, 04:53 AM) *
Not sure what Chris Rock or the other clown has to do with it but if you think it is ok to hit a woman terrific...speaks volumes about your character...

It's not okay to assault anyone. And even in self defense, there's a moral appeal to reason that it be measured. Does the introduction of gender absolve anyone of these principles in a civil society?
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 23 2017, 11:53 PM) *

I get your point and I agree with it in principle but consider that women around the world are trained in hand-to-hand combat and kill people. There are women who can and will take any of us down violently and unrepentantly.

When we're talking about a highly conditioned athlete punching an obnoxious, combative college girl we have a problem. That's your point, but women are not always the weaker sex as most of have been brought up to accept. Would it have been any more acceptable for Mixon to have punched out a "90 lb weakling", geek, book worm?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 24 2017, 06:14 AM) *
I get your point and I agree with it in principle but consider that women around the world are trained in hand-to-hand combat and kill people. There are women who can and will take any of us down violently and unrepentantly.

When we're talking about a highly conditioned athlete punching an obnoxious, combative college girl we have a problem. That's your point, but women are not always the weaker sex as most of have been brought up to accept. Would it have been any more acceptable for Mixon to have punched out a "90 lb weakling", geek, book worm?

No....but there is more at play here than merely picking on a weaker person, there is the fact that he pursued the woman into a restaurant to do so. Beyond that the woman was not a trained assassin or whatever other qualifier you want to add into the mix. You can come up with any other qualifiers you want but the bottom line is that you should never hit a woamn. Pila makes a great point, you shouldn't hit anyone but hitting a woman is a real low. Picking on someone defenseless or weaker is also never acceptable.
Pila
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 24 2017, 01:54 PM) *
No....but there is more at play here than merely picking on a weaker person, there is the fact that he pursued the woman into a restaurant to do so. Beyond that the woman was not a trained assassin or whatever other qualifier you want to add into the mix. You can come up with any other qualifiers you want but the bottom line is that you should never hit a woamn. Pila makes a great point, you shouldn't hit anyone but hitting a woman is a real low. Picking on someone defenseless or weaker is also never acceptable.
Then the real point is not that you never hit a woman, but more so someone who is defenseless.

In which case, would you feel as outraged if he had knocked out a jock heavily drunk?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Pila @ Apr 24 2017, 09:38 AM) *
Then the real point is not that you never hit a woman, but more so someone who is defenseless.

In which case, would you feel as outraged if he had knocked out a jock heavily drunk?

lol...we have gotten far afield form the actual incident and I feel some prefer to mitigate what an outrageously horrible act it was. I have heard some call ins to radio excuse it because she said something or touched him and I am amazed.

So to make it clear here you go:
1. Never hot a woman unless, as Z pointed out, she is a trained assassin bent on your demise.
2. Never hot a man unless you are defending yourself from harm.

It is really not a difficult concept. In the normal order of affairs, without any qualifiers for a woman who is a trained karate bully or some such, you should not hit a woman regardless of what she says or does...walk away. I understand all the bullshit about cheating spouse, etc. and I get all the passion reasons but we have all been there and had such incidents. You walk away.

And you should never hit anyone including a drunk jock. Easy enough? Subdue...restrain....walk away.

But it is very interesting seeing the justification of the topic.
Joegrane
So agreeing with you that it was wrong, every crime has its punishment. Then the person has to move on with his life.

what does an NFL GM do to sell the pick and in which round?

I'm comfortable with round 3 since the GM can point out the pile of $ he will loose in comparison to the 1st round $ he should have received based on talent. Also 3rd round pushes him down on the team totem pole. You don't want this guy to be a "team leader" for the near term.

Joe

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 23 2017, 10:53 PM) *

Pila
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 24 2017, 03:12 PM) *
lol...we have gotten far afield form the actual incident and I feel some prefer to mitigate what an outrageously horrible act it was. I have heard some call ins to radio excuse it because she said something or touched him and I am amazed.

So to make it clear here you go:
1. Never hot a woman unless, as Z pointed out, she is a trained assassin bent on your demise.
2. Never hot a man unless you are defending yourself from harm.

It is really not a difficult concept. In the normal order of affairs, without any qualifiers for a woman who is a trained karate bully or some such, you should not hit a woman regardless of what she says or does...walk away. I understand all the bullshit about cheating spouse, etc. and I get all the passion reasons but we have all been there and had such incidents. You walk away.

And you should never hit anyone including a drunk jock. Easy enough? Subdue...restrain....walk away.

But it is very interesting seeing the justification of the topic.

I personally think the introduction of gender is unnecessary.

You have the right to defend yourself. By moral reason, you owe society a measured response based on perceived threat. That's where the abstract is. Not necessarily because someon es a woman or an incapacitated wrestler.

The statement "it's never right to hit a woman" seems foolishly naive based on some patriarchal notion that cannot hope to ever align with the probable scope of degree in every day life.

That challenge to the assertion isn't an attempt to excuse assault. Merely that self defense deserves consideration of nuance independent of gender.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Pila @ Apr 24 2017, 11:59 AM) *

You have the right to defend yourself. By moral reason, you owe society a measured response based on perceived threat. That's where the abstract is. Not necessarily because someon es a woman or an incapacitated wrestler.

The statement "it's never right to hit a woman" seems foolishly naive based on some patriarchal notion that cannot hope to ever align with the probable scope of degree in every day life.

That challenge to the assertion isn't an attempt to excuse assault. Merely that self defense deserves consideration of nuance independent of gender.

Where we disagree is how it aligns with every day life. For the vast majority of men, women are the weaker sex. There are certainly women out there that may be imposing to some men but by and large the reverse is correct. I think using exceptions merely proves the rule. It may be a tad overly chivalrous and perhaps my size that precludes me from thinking there may be a circumstance that would make me not restrain a woman or walk away rather than hitting her but I am more concerned that there is such a zeal to find the minority of circumstances that would allow it rather than focus on the majority of those that make it what it is, an example of abhorrent behavior.

At the end of the day it is a moot point because this particular incident has no grey area. He followed a woman into a retail food establishment and confronted her, a person half his size and proceeded to escalate the incident until she reacted and then he viciously struck her. She did not follow him into the eatery.....he pursued the altercation.

I agree with you that you have a right to defend yourself and that it needs to be a measured response and I agree that the situation dictates that response with gender factoring in a role albeit a secondary role to the situation. So when Z is being raped by a female bodybuilder with a black belt in karate can hit her with wild abandon....lololol
Pila
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 24 2017, 04:46 PM) *
Where we disagree is how it aligns with every day life. For the vast majority of men, women are the weaker sex. There are certainly women out there that may be imposing to some men but by and large the reverse is correct. I think using exceptions merely proves the rule. It may be a tad overly chivalrous and perhaps my size that precludes me from thinking there may be a circumstance that would make me not restrain a woman or walk away rather than hitting her but I am more concerned that there is such a zeal to find the minority of circumstances that would allow it rather than focus on the majority of those that make it what it is, an example of abhorrent behavior.

At the end of the day it is a moot point because this particular incident has no grey area. He followed a woman into a retail food establishment and confronted her, a person half his size and proceeded to escalate the incident until she reacted and then he viciously struck her. She did not follow him into the eatery.....he pursued the altercation.

I agree with you that you have a right to defend yourself and that it needs to be a measured response and I agree that the situation dictates that response with gender factoring in a role albeit a secondary role to the situation. So when Z is being raped by a female bodybuilder with a black belt in karate can hit her with wild abandon....lololol
Well it's the statements made in absolute that force the point of exceptions. If the statement "it's never right to hit a woman Period!" isn't made, there'd be no reason to quantify probable exception. The zeal is in the blanket statement not on the challenge that such a statement accounts for zero degree of circumstance.

If we're going to be vague, it suffices to say that assault can seldom be justified.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Apr 24 2017, 11:56 AM) *
So agreeing with you that it was wrong, every crime has its punishment. Then the person has to move on with his life.

what does an NFL GM do to sell the pick and in which round?

I'm comfortable with round 3 since the GM can point out the pile of $ he will loose in comparison to the 1st round $ he should have received based on talent. Also 3rd round pushes him down on the team totem pole. You don't want this guy to be a "team leader" for the near term.

Joe

Their is always a consequence beyond the actual crime and subsequent punishment. An accountant that embezzles is unlikely to find himself in control of anyone's finances again. A doctor may never regain his medical license...the list goes on. In this case there was no real punishment. he didn't play football but did he go to jail? He stayed on campus at OSU, I think, and "kept his nose clean" but what does that mean? he was babysat by coaches who wanted his legs. He never was punished.....not playing a year is not punishment. Now if he went to jail I would rethink it but from all I have heard all they did was basically redshirt him and reinforce that bad behavior is excused by superior ability. Hello Lawrence Phillips. I am more concerned what happens when this kid has less supervison and more money.

I don't touch him at all.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Pila @ Apr 24 2017, 12:58 PM) *
Well it's the statements made in absolute that force the point of exceptions. If the statement "it's never right to hit a woman Period!" isn't made, there'd be no reason to quantify probable exception. The zeal is in the blanket statement not on the challenge that such a statement accounts for zero degree of circumstance.

If we're going to be vague, it suffices to say that assault can seldom be justified.

Ok...it is never right to hit a woman except in very rare circumstances....lol
Pila
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 24 2017, 05:13 PM) *
Ok...it is never right to hit a woman except in very rare circumstances....lol

wub.gif
The Franchise
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 24 2017, 12:12 PM) *

True, it isn't about 'punishing him' for the rest of his life. It's about recognizing that he would likely be a bad investment because of his character issues. His talent is irrelevant if he's missing games due to suspension while you're paying him 7 figures.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Pila @ Apr 24 2017, 01:20 PM) *
wub.gif

Hey...cut me some slack...the guy nearly took her jaw of and entered an Alford plea which basically says he knows the evidence should convict him but he still thinks he is innocent. No jail....unreal...and 100 hours of community service. I wonder how big the check they cut to the girl was.
Pila
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 24 2017, 05:58 PM) *
Hey...cut me some slack...the guy nearly took her jaw of and entered an Alford plea which basically says he knows the evidence should convict him but he still thinks he is innocent. No jail....unreal...and 100 hours of community service. I wonder how big the check they cut to the girl was.

Agreed. What the previleged get away with is the real outrage in this world of caste justice.
Joegrane
I hear you about the lack of jail time. I assume it is because she either instigated things or seriously aggravated it. Obviously his response was very excessive, but not horrible in the list of crimes--murder, rape, etc.

Occasionally I don't have a problem with a GM rolling the dice on someone with big upside. The Sixers did that with J. E. It has not been working for them yet; however if he manages to be healthy for one playoff run on a team that is solid playoff team, it could lead to a deep run.

Again, I think the Eagles are trying to win this year. So it does not seem unreasonable to roll the dice even in the second round on a guy who could make a big impact by the end of the season.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 24 2017, 12:56 PM) *
True, it isn't about 'punishing him' for the rest of his life. It's about recognizing that he would likely be a bad investment because of his character issues. His talent is irrelevant if he's missing games due to suspension while you're paying him 7 figures.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 24 2017, 12:12 PM) *
Their is always a consequence beyond the actual crime and subsequent punishment. An accountant that embezzles is unlikely to find himself in control of anyone's finances again. A doctor may never regain his medical license...the list goes on. In this case there was no real punishment. he didn't play football but did he go to jail? He stayed on campus at OSU, I think, and "kept his nose clean" but what does that mean? he was babysat by coaches who wanted his legs. He never was punished.....not playing a year is not punishment. Now if he went to jail I would rethink it but from all I have heard all they did was basically redshirt him and reinforce that bad behavior is excused by superior ability. Hello Lawrence Phillips. I am more concerned what happens when this kid has less supervison and more money.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Apr 24 2017, 03:19 PM) *
I hear you about the lack of jail time. I assume it is because she either instigated things or seriously aggravated it. Obviously his response was very excessive, but not horrible in the list of crimes--murder, rape, etc.

Occasionally I don't have a problem with a GM rolling the dice on someone with big upside. The Sixers did that with J. E. It has not been working for them yet; however if he manages to be healthy for one playoff run on a team that is solid playoff team, it could lead to a deep run.

Again, I think the Eagles are trying to win this year. So it does not seem unreasonable to roll the dice even in the second round on a guy who could make a big impact by the end of the season.

lol...it is because she got a lot of money....and he was a great football player. Explain one thing to me....he followed her into the establishment so how did instigate or seriously aggravate the situation?

Beyond that how in the name of god do you equate taking a risk on Joel Embid to taking this clown? My concern is that he already has demonstrated mental issues and horrible lack of self control....add to that tearing up a parking ticket in the face of a parking attendant and it demonstrates his inability to control emotions at a time when he should have clearly understood all the eyes upon him waiting for such bad behavior. Now you want to give him a bunch of money and even less supervision and you expect him to do what? lead a choir? He may be a great RB but he needs serious help.

I understand the allure but this scenario usually plays out poorly.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 24 2017, 08:54 AM) *

Once again, it doesn't sound like you read the post.

I started by saying I agree with you and followed that by saying that the generalization of never hitting a woman may be outdated because women are not necessarily the weaker sex any longer. None of that applied to Mixon, which I also stated. Personally, I don't see much, if any difference between clocking a woman or a weakling.

And, I didn't read anywhere that he pursued her. This isn't a defense of the guy, only an attempt to stay rooted in reality. There's a problem with what he did, but for me it's much more concerning that it appears to be a recurring problem not an isolated incident.
Zero
QUOTE (Pila @ Apr 24 2017, 11:59 AM) *

You said that so much better than I could. bowdown.gif
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 24 2017, 12:46 PM) *
You're apparently reading stuff I haven't seen. Where does this search and destroy story come from?

And just to clear things up, female bodybuilders become weak-kneed in my presence because I'm such a fine specimen of weight. I am frequently benched and jerked. biggrin.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 24 2017, 06:04 PM) *
And, I didn't read anywhere that he pursued her. This isn't a defense of the guy, only an attempt to stay rooted in reality. There's a problem with what he did, but for me it's much more concerning that it appears to be a recurring problem not an isolated incident.

I was only teasing you about the assassin squad....watch the video...pretty clear about his pursuit.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 24 2017, 06:11 PM) *
You're apparently reading stuff I haven't seen. Where does this search and destroy story come from?

And just to clear things up, female bodybuilders become weak-kneed in my presence because I'm such a fine specimen of weight. I am frequently benched and jerked. biggrin.gif

OMG...did you really just say jerked?....and we shook hands....ewwwwwwwwwww

hahahahahaha
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 24 2017, 10:44 PM) *
I was only teasing you about the assassin squad....watch the video...pretty clear about his pursuit.

I've seen the video, you're making an assumption. It's bad enough what he did without enhancing it with guesswork.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 25 2017, 07:07 AM) *
I've seen the video, you're making an assumption. It's bad enough what he did without enhancing it with guesswork.

What is the assumption? The video clearly shows that she entered and went to a table and he followed her inside shortly thereafter. There is no grey area. If you watched the full video and did not see that than there is really no reason to discuss it further. That part is crystal clear. Now what she said and he said is the only part that is unclear but there is no question he followed her inside and engaged her after she was already inside at a table. That is not assumption, it is simply fact. It is also why he entered the plea that he did and why she got a big payday. (ok...big payday is an assumption but she did get paid)
Pila
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 25 2017, 04:22 PM) *
What is the assumption? The video clearly shows that she entered and went to a table and he followed her inside shortly thereafter. There is no grey area. If you watched the full video and did not see that than there is really no reason to discuss it further. That part is crystal clear. Now what she said and he said is the only part that is unclear but there is no question he followed her inside and engaged her after she was already inside at a table. That is not assumption, it is simply fact. It is also why he entered the plea that he did and why she got a big payday. (ok...big payday is an assumption but she did get paid)

That's not crystal clear at all. You speculate he entered the premises with the intention to engage her.

How can anyone possibly know that without having first hand knowledge of the situation?

The settlement is readily reasoned without the stalking premise on account that his response was disproportionate based on reasons we've already agreed to.

But your take on the scenario as it played on the video is absolutely not crystal clear at all.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Pila @ Apr 25 2017, 12:34 PM) *
That's not crystal clear at all. You speculate he entered the premises with the intention to engage her.

How can anyone possibly know that without having first hand knowledge of the situation?

The settlement is readily reasoned without the stalking premise on account that his response was disproportionate based on reasons we've already agreed to.

But your take on the scenario as it played on the video is absolutely not crystal clear at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoTXImRJS2k

See...now I would have let it drop except for this lunacy.

The video provides the time stamp so you can actually see when she enters the establishment and goes to a table. He follows her in a few seconds later as the clock indicates and goes directly to her table and engages her group. They did not go to him and the time stamp counter clearly shows, in real time, the way the situation plays out. You can debate it but it is both factual and damning unless you are suggesting that the clock is doctored. Whatever was said outside is irrelevant because he followed her into the establishment which means he pursued the altercation. How anyone can debate the events as they played out is kind of amazing because the clock is clearly displayed.
Pila
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 25 2017, 07:09 PM) *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoTXImRJS2k

See...now I would have let it drop except for this lunacy.

The video provides the time stamp so you can actually see when she enters the establishment and goes to a table. He follows her in a few seconds later as the clock indicates and goes directly to her table and engages her group. They did not go to him and the time stamp counter clearly shows, in real time, the way the situation plays out. You can debate it but it is both factual and damning unless you are suggesting that the clock is doctored. Whatever was said outside is irrelevant because he followed her into the establishment which means he pursued the altercation. How anyone can debate the events as they played out is kind of amazing because the clock is clearly displayed.

I don't remember anyone contesting the sequence of events, merely the speculation of intent and purpose.

Your guess in that regard is not factual in no logical way possible. It's certainly plausible. But it's still speculation. There's an important distinction between that and factual.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.