Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I have a good feeling about our options at #14
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I'm thinking that it is probable that one of these higher rated prospects will be available at 14. All it will take is two reaches in the top 13, and if either QB is picked before us, that qualifies as a reach IMO. We need CLE to be CLE! Here are the group of four I'm thinking about:

TE Howard
CB Lattimore
LB Foster
DE Barnett

If we go best available, one of these highly touted will be an Eagle. We can't go wrong with any of these, IMO.
Zero
I think Lattimore may be the best pick if he's there, but I can't get past my gut feeling that it's going to be McCaffery. Howard would mean Pederson would have to change his offense ... right? Barnett makes sense in the pressure concept, but how important are LBs to Schwartz's scheme?
GroundedBird
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 19 2017, 06:58 AM) *
I think Lattimore may be the best pick if he's there, but I can't get past my gut feeling that it's going to be McCaffery. Howard would mean Pederson would have to change his offense ... right? Barnett makes sense in the pressure concept, but how important are LBs to Schwartz's scheme?

I think Foster will be a special player, talent and nastiness. He's still my pick.
Birdman420
Going with Foster as well, 2nd would be lattimore.

I don't see any need at all for another TE even if celek is nearing the end of his career, Ertz and Burton are great players and can easily fill the role.

Another DE? unlikely even with Barwin's departure.
D Rock
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Apr 19 2017, 03:47 PM) *
Going with Foster as well, 2nd would be lattimore.

I don't see any need at all for another TE even if celek is nearing the end of his career, Ertz and Burton are great players and can easily fill the role.

Another DE? unlikely even with Barwin's departure.

Howard is not just "another tight end."

Phits
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Apr 19 2017, 11:47 AM) *
Ertz and Burton are great players

Since when?
Pila
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 20 2017, 12:21 AM) *
Since when?

Usually starts around week 10.
Phits
QUOTE (Pila @ Apr 19 2017, 11:19 PM) *
Usually starts around week 10.

Isn't that around the same time it ends?
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 20 2017, 05:26 AM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Dreagon
At #14 you should be able to get somebody who is rated best at their position. That's why it's often better to draft for the player, instead of need, in the first round.
Pila
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 20 2017, 05:26 AM) *

No - it stretches to week 17. His performances from the Cincinnati game and onward was very good.

Not Nelson Angholar good, but close.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.