Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What I THINK I know about the Sixers
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I ended up watching this team a lot from January on.

Part of it was my tanking obsession for this year's draft, part of it was my enjoyment of the way they played.

Things I think I know:

1. B. Brown can coach. This team played hard all the way through. He had them in games they had no business being in and even won a few against better teams.

2. Embiid, when healthy, is a top 15 player in the NBA

3. Over his career, Embiid will play less than 65% of minutes for this team. He's never played much and he appears injury prone.

4. R. Holmes is a fine backup center, and considering we have Embiid, he will get plenty of chances.

5. McConnell is a legit backup PG.

6. Saric is a legit starter for a good team

7. Covington is a legit bench guy who will play 30+ min per game.

8. Okafor is useless as tits on a bull.
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 15 2017, 04:01 AM) *
I ended up watching this team a lot from January on.

Part of it was my tanking obsession for this year's draft, part of it was my enjoyment of the way they played.

Things I think I know:

1. B. Brown can coach. This team played hard all the way through. He had them in games they had no business being in and even won a few against better teams.

2. Embiid, when healthy, is a top 15 player in the NBA

3. Over his career, Embiid will play less than 65% of minutes for this team. He's never played much and he appears injury prone.

4. R. Holmes is a fine backup center, and considering we have Embiid, he will get plenty of chances.

5. McConnell is a legit backup PG.

6. Saric is a legit starter for a good team

7. Covington is a legit bench guy who will play 30+ min per game.

8. Okafor is useless as tits on a bull.

I'm a glutton for punishment. I've watched every game this season, save 2 or 3.

I agree with most of your points but would reverse #s 6 and 7.

Covington is the "legit starter on a good team."

Saric is, to my eyes, a good 6th man. Especially on a team that runs Simmons at the point, where we'll need everyone else on the floor not named Joel to be a good-to-great shooter. Dario is not that.

RoCo's defense and rebounding are elite, and his spot up shooting is typically better than we saw this year.

There is nothing elite about Dario, but his intangibles: toughness, smarts, & all around game lead me to think he could be the leader of the 2nd unit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.