Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sidney Jones Dilemma
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Joegrane
There is an article on the subject of the injured CB who formerly had a fairly high 1st round grade. The author thinks the guy might not make it to the Eagles's 2nd round pick.
http://www.csnphilly.com/the700level/eagle...y-jones-dilemma

One reason players are considered high round picks is that they are projected to start in their rookie year. That provides value. You don't have to pay someone else starter $. I doubt Jones will be starting any time this year.

Also Jones did not get injured after being run over by a 300lb O Lineman. It was just during non-contact drills. Will he be "injury prone?"

I don't think there is any way the Eagles will be interested in either first or second rounds. I think they are in win-now mode this year. They need bodies who can help them this year.

That is why I think they'll go CB in round 1, maybe round 2 as well, but players who will contribute this year.
nephillymike
Achilles injury on a CB, no thanks.

I'd be interested to know the recovery for speed spots like WR and CB. My guess not a good risk.

Maybe, I'd take a flyer with a 5th or lower. Not a 4th or higher.
The Franchise
I mentioned him in a previous thread, if he's there much later I'd take a chance on him knowing he's going to sit for a year in all likelihood. A CB has to be the fastest guy on the field, it really sucks that he's going to be guaranteed millions of dollars less because of an injury during a meaningless drill. Hope he makes a full recovery.
Eyrie
I'd be very interested if he's still there for us in the third round, particularly after the trade down with Baltimore. He may never make it back to elite status but I'd look for him to be a solid enough starter.

I can't see him lasting that long though.
Zero
I'm not sure he'll be high on the Eagles board. Is the injury an anomaly?
...the implementation of the Eagles’ sports science program coincides with the recent trend of good health, but director of high performance Shaun Huls says that it is only one part of the equation.

The process begins before most players ever set foot inside the NovaCare Complex. The scouting department looks for players with a favorable injury history, as that is a good predictor of their future
Linc ...
D Rock
The history of CBs who red shirted their rookie year due to injury is not good.

Pass.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.