Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does anyone want Sherman?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
No question Sherman would upgrade our CBs with his talent and his attitude. But is there anyone who wants the team to trade for him? He would account for something like $11 million on the cap, he's 29, would cost at least our second rounder and probably more and I'm not sure that attitude would benefit a young team. We've heard he has issues with authority, which could be the reason Seattle is happy to trade him (not to mention a strong CB draft).
Reality Fan
Wow....tough question Z. It is ceetainly concerning that Seattle is entertaining offers and seems hell bent on getting rid of him. My big concern is the many sideline incidents where he clashes with his own team. It is so hard not to want his abilities in the secondary but I can't stop thinking about all those bad memories of Nhamdi.

I think I pass on Sherman. Too much risk of bad things.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 13 2017, 09:25 AM) *
Wow....tough question Z.

Old man question. wink.gif

Did you vote "yes" if not first rounder?
Joegrane
I don't know him well enough. That would fit what Howie seems to be trying to do--win this year. However, he's been doing that with short contracts and without hurting the long term.

I certainly would not give up the 1st rounder. I heard some speculation about swapping 1st rounders and giving them our third. The swap would probably be equivalent to our second and third round picks, maybe more. That would be for a couple of good years plus personality hassles and a guy who might not be a good mentor for the rookie CBs.

Is he a system fit? We already had one under-performing Seattle CB who did not quite fit the system.

After what happened to E Rowe I bet it does not happen.

QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 13 2017, 06:20 AM) *
No question Sherman would upgrade our CBs with his talent and his attitude. But is there anyone who wants the team to trade for him? He would account for something like $11 million on the cap, he's 29, would cost at least our second rounder and probably more and I'm not sure that attitude would benefit a young team. We've heard he has issues with authority, which could be the reason Seattle is happy to trade him (not to mention a strong CB draft).

The Franchise
Not for the 1st rounder, but otherwise, hell yes.

Superstars have attitudes. He isn't TO-level destructive, just an egomaniacal douche who happens to be one of the best in recent memory at his position, and he has championship experience. I like the attitude he would bring to the defense.
Phits
I'm all for taking a proven commodity vs draft potential. If Howie can earn his money and make it work.....

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 13 2017, 09:54 AM) *
Old man question. wink.gif

Did you vote "yes" if not first rounder?

I voted no.....like I said, I remember Nhamdi all to well. I also wonder why Seattle is so ready to get rid of him.

It is very tempting but it worries me too much. Assante was actually good here but Maxwell was used incorrectly here and never lived up to his billing and Nhamdi was done when he got here. I don't want to take another Seattle risk.

I understand Phit's position and that is a tough one to argue against but I try to be a student of history and the old saying that those who ignore the lessons of history and bound to repeat them rings in my ears.
GroundedBird
Seahawks are looking for a 1st and 3rd/4th. (link) That's too rich for me.
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 13 2017, 07:17 PM) *
I understand Phit's position and that is a tough one to argue against but I try to be a student of history and the old saying that those who ignore the lessons of history and bound to repeat them rings in my ears.

Wouldn't that also be true for Howie's history regarding draft picks?
nephillymike
It is uncharastic of me, who always prefers the veteran to the long shot, but I voted no.

He is not a press corner, like Maxwell, and as good as he is, isn't really a system fit.

Add his antics and I will pass.

Excellent CB in right system, but no need to have a Maxwell system mismatch again, with all the other baggage.
Zero
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 13 2017, 08:02 PM) *
Wouldn't that also be true for Howie's history regarding draft picks?

We have to hope that Douglas will make a difference.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.