Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tom Modrak passes
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
TOM MODRAK, the Eagles' personnel chief when they drafted Donovan McNabb and embarked on the longest period of sustained success in franchise history, died Tuesday at his home in St. Augustine, Fla., at the age of 74.

Modrak was the guy who gave us Andy Reid, Donovan McNabb and the foundation for a very long period of Eagles success.

Linc ...
nephillymike
I remember back at TOB, the endless arguments as to if the pick/ move was a Modrak pick or a Reid pick.

Banner was the toxic one IMO.

His hand in Dawk's exit sealed his fate.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 14 2017, 06:42 AM) *
I remember back at TOB, the endless arguments as to if the pick/ move was a Modrak pick or a Reid pick.

Banner was the toxic one IMO.

His hand in Dawk's exit sealed his fate.

I think Banner was a cold businessman, but by all accounts he's a caring, compassionate human being. Modrak's exit ushered in the beginning of the decline, IMO.
D Rock
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 14 2017, 11:48 AM) *
I think Banner was a cold businessman, but by all accounts he's a caring, compassionate human being. Modrak's exit ushered in the beginning of the decline, IMO.

You're nuts. Modrak exited too soon for it to be anything other than the beginning. Reid got here in '99. Modrak was gone by '01.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.