Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Return Needed to trade Jason Peters?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Some have been talking about trading him this year.

He's got a big cap hit, but it isn't much use to us until next year as free agency is about over this year.

What would you require to trade him?

1st round pick?
2nd round pick
3rd round pick
4th
5th
Not trading him?

I like him and want him here this year so for me, it would have to be a 2nd rounder with a sweetener, say a 2nd and a 6th.

Remembering that a low % of draft picks are significant starters, I would insist on a good return.

Anyone?
Reality Fan
I take what I can get for him....I am in the camp of getting rid of a guy 1 year early rather than one year late.
Joegrane
I think they are trying to make a playoff run this year before having to semi-rebuild next year.

The only way I see a trade of JP is if they get a starting CB in return.

Then they could pick a CB in the first round and maybe a Rt OT in the 2nd round.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 9 2017, 08:18 PM) *
Some have been talking about trading him this year.

He's got a big cap hit, but it isn't much use to us until next year as free agency is about over this year.

What would you require to trade him?

1st round pick?
2nd round pick
3rd round pick
4th
5th
Not trading him?

I like him and want him here this year so for me, it would have to be a 2nd rounder with a sweetener, say a 2nd and a 6th.

Remembering that a low % of draft picks are significant starters, I would insist on a good return.

Anyone?

GroundedBird
Thought I saw mention of a 2nd rounder.

Also saw that Denver is interested in his services.

Also... this year's class of OT is underwhelming...

"Get ready to hear plenty about the deficiencies in this year’s tackle class. As always, starters will emerge from the players selected, but there is not an overwhelming number of obvious candidates, nor much in the way of top-10 talent." (link)
D Rock
Nothing short of an all pro left tackle would have me move our best lineman in Carsons 2nd campaign.
Eyrie
My first question isn't "what can I get for Peters" but "how do I replace him"? Bear in mind I've wanted to draft his eventual replacement in each of the last three years.

If, and only if, I'm comfortable that we can adequately replace him (eg LT Johnson, RT Vaitai) do I even consider picking up the phone. Being realistic about his age and cap hit, a second this year is about right. Then I need to consider what I can get with that second and only if I'm happy with the answer, do I then need to make a decision.

Right now, I'm not minded to return your call. Wentz's development and health is too important.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.