Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another thing about these one year deals
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I think someone mentioned it, but it's mostly ignored in what I've read and heard. The two relevant one year deals are Jeffrey and Jernigan. Both have the potential and the motivation to produce and get big contracts. Although the Eagles may be able to free up space for both players, they may not want to or be able to retain both of them. If someone else gives them a hefty deal and the team doesn't dip into FA like they have, they'll get compensatory picks. They already are without a second rounder and you know that must drive Roseman crazy, so maybe someone like Jernigan is a one year place holder who will turn out to be a draft pick investment.

Or, what happens in the draft may decide who is more important to keep. Do they draft a WR or DL early? After the comments about building from the lines, I won't be surprised if they keep Jernigan at 25 instead of Jeffery at 29 ... assuming he fits Schwartz's scheme and produces. I don't think this is a particularly good DT draft.

Womack is a different story. He disappointed and chose to join his old coach to regain his success for essentially chump change. If Stoutland can make him right, I'd bet Chance decides to stay with his coach for a reasonable deal.
Joegrane
You are quite right that people have not been discussing the potential for compensatory picks. That is tricky because you don't get them if you sign too many FAs. That is very interesting. Maybe Mike will be inspired to crunch some numbers for us.

QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 7 2017, 05:02 AM) *
I think someone mentioned it, but it's mostly ignored in what I've read and heard. The two relevant one year deals are Jeffrey and Jernigan. Both have the potential and the motivation to produce and get big contracts. Although the Eagles may be able to free up space for both players, they may not want to or be able to retain both of them. If someone else gives them a hefty deal and the team doesn't dip into FA like they have, they'll get compensatory picks. They already are without a second rounder and you know that must drive Roseman crazy, so maybe someone like Jernigan is a one year place holder who will turn out to be a draft pick investment.

Or, what happens in the draft may decide who is more important to keep. Do they draft a WR or DL early? After the comments about building from the lines, I won't be surprised if they keep Jernigan at 25 instead of Jeffery at 29 ... assuming he fits Schwartz's scheme and produces. I don't think this is a particularly good DT draft.

Womack is a different story. He disappointed and chose to join his old coach to regain his success for essentially chump change. If Stoutland can make him right, I'd bet Chance decides to stay with his coach for a reasonable deal.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 7 2017, 06:02 AM) *

I can get your first few points...not sure if you are right or wrong but they are reasonable assumptions. The Warmack thing I can't go along with though. The guy made it to the NFL....he did not "choose" to come to the Eagles in as much as he had few options. The line coach here is ok, maybe great, but there are plenty of good to great OL coaches. If he rights himself he will do so to get big bucks, not sing kumbaye with his college coach.
Eyrie
An alternative view.

Both Peters and Kelce are expected to be here for 2017, but both could well be gone in 2018 if Vaitai and Seumalo show enough this year. That will free up a lot of cap on offense, which will help keep Jeffrey.

Kendricks anticipated departure will do the same on defence for Jernigan.

For now, let's hope both players do well enough for us that we want to keep them.
Zero
Wasn't Womack signed on day one of FA and didn't he say he wanted to reunite with Stoutland? I know he could have just said that and I also know he wasn't an all pro, but your cynicism is growing out of control. wink.gif

And as to the compensatory stuff, it seems someone else had the same idea even though he explains it much better than I did.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 7 2017, 03:35 PM) *
Wasn't Womack signed on day one of FA and didn't he say he wanted to reunite with Stoutland? I know he could have just said that and I also know he wasn't an all pro, but your cynicism is growing out of control. wink.gif

And as to the compensatory stuff, it seems someone else had the same idea even though he explains it much better than I did.

It isn't cynicism, it is just acknowledging reality. In the NFL these guys have a short shelf life and they grab for the brass ring whenever they can. It is crazy to assume a guy like Warmack passed up an chance to play for more money just so he could reunite with his college coach as if there are not a host of other offensive line coaches in the NFL with great reputations that he could have played under to learn how to be a better pro.

And the guy who wrote that article is not horrible, in truth BLG left Bleeding Green Nation and it was unreadable while he was gone but he went to another failed blogged and came back when that one collapsed. I have to say that if his idea is correct than the Eagles are in worse shape. His basic idea is that all these one year contracts and those players at the end of their deals are ways to get compensatory picks which means replacing starters with unproven players and rookies which means the Eagles are even farther away than any rational mind would hope.
Joegrane
I've not crunched the salary numbers for 2018 but I think Howie is giving himself options, esp lots of options at WR.

I bet only one of Matthews and Jeffrey will be on the team. If Jeffery works out physically and they can get a deal done, I assume he would be their preference. I suppose they hope N Agholor can play the slot.

Loosing Peters, Sproles, Celek, Kelce and J Matthews probably saves the team almost 25mil$. Jeffrey, DT, Tim J and Hicks (?) would eat up most or all of that$

I think the compensatory pick theory is a backup plan in the event they loose Jeffrey and or Tim J.

If they make an encouraging run into the playoffs, those FAs will have more incentive to resign.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 9 2017, 08:20 PM) *
It isn't cynicism, it is just acknowledging reality. In the NFL these guys have a short shelf life and they grab for the brass ring whenever they can. It is crazy to assume a guy like Warmack passed up an chance to play for more money just so he could reunite with his college coach as if there are not a host of other offensive line coaches in the NFL with great reputations that he could have played under to learn how to be a better pro.

And the guy who wrote that article is not horrible, in truth BLG left Bleeding Green Nation and it was unreadable while he was gone but he went to another failed blogged and came back when that one collapsed. I have to say that if his idea is correct than the Eagles are in worse shape. His basic idea is that all these one year contracts and those players at the end of their deals are ways to get compensatory picks which means replacing starters with unproven players and rookies which means the Eagles are even farther away than any rational mind would hope.

Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 9 2017, 09:20 PM) *

You're missing the point. Their motivation is not for compensatory picks, it's a hedge. A team like New England is successful doing it because they've been successful in player evaluation and development. The Eagles have only been average to below average there and they're money starved right now. They need to be creative filling holes and if they can't afford to pay for their possible success, the compensatory picks give them a budget friendly way of keeping the ball moving. If they draft a WR who plays like he will be the team's #1 it gives them negotiating leverage with Jeffrey. The draft is supposed to be shallow in DT, Jernigan is a good option who they'll try to keep if he plays well but it also gives them a year to work with a rookie in case they can't.

Warmack was as close to a no miss stud when he came out of Alabama as you can get but he came crashing down to earth in Tennessee. If that fall affected his confidence, it's plausible that a guy who is already a millionaire would want to spend a year with the man who was largely responsible for his college success. Not all of these guys are solely interested in the money, and he didn't spend a lot of time looking for or refusing better offers. Not to mention that the player said that was his motivation. If it works, they either find a way to add him to the OL or get something in return if he leaves for a contract they can't afford. It's smart to have a plan B.

Not every player is motivated by the same things. Not everybody values money over excellence. Most, probably, but not all. I believe the Eagles hired Douglas to be THE personnel guy, not Roseman's underling. If I'm right, that makes this organization different than those in recent memory and worthy of a clean slate. We can't keep looking back and retain our sanity, at some point we "gotta believe."
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 10 2017, 06:08 AM) *
You're missing the point. Their motivation is not for compensatory picks, it's a hedge. A team like New England is successful doing it because they've been successful in player evaluation and development. The Eagles have only been average to below average there and they're money starved right now. They need to be creative filling holes and if they can't afford to pay for their possible success, the compensatory picks give them a budget friendly way of keeping the ball moving. If they draft a WR who plays like he will be the team's #1 it gives them negotiating leverage with Jeffrey. The draft is supposed to be shallow in DT, Jernigan is a good option who they'll try to keep if he plays well but it also gives them a year to work with a rookie in case they can't.

Warmack was as close to a no miss stud when he came out of Alabama as you can get but he came crashing down to earth in Tennessee. If that fall affected his confidence, it's plausible that a guy who is already a millionaire would want to spend a year with the man who was largely responsible for his college success. Not all of these guys are solely interested in the money, and he didn't spend a lot of time looking for or refusing better offers. Not to mention that the player said that was his motivation. If it works, they either find a way to add him to the OL or get something in return if he leaves for a contract they can't afford. It's smart to have a plan B.

Not every player is motivated by the same things. Not everybody values money over excellence. Most, probably, but not all. I believe the Eagles hired Douglas to be THE personnel guy, not Roseman's underling. If I'm right, that makes this organization different than those in recent memory and worthy of a clean slate. We can't keep looking back and retain our sanity, at some point we "gotta believe."

Z...I have to hand it to you....you do go out of your way to find an upside anywhere you can. First...Warmack....the guy had problems staying on the field and he badmouthed his O line coach in year 3 but then did no better when the Titans brought in Russ Grimm....certainly as good a line coach as Stoutland. Second, Warmack had a nice contract but not a gangbuster. Third, Compensatory picks are in later rounds and at the end of the round...if they are in the mind of the personnel group then they have already lost because they are blowing cap room for cheap picks. warmack may not even start so he doesn't fall into that category.

I hope your world of wine and roses is the correct one but it seems pretty much of a reach.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 10 2017, 03:38 PM) *
Z...I have to hand it to you....you do go out of your way to find an upside anywhere you can. First...Warmack....the guy had problems staying on the field and he badmouthed his O line coach in year 3 but then did no better when the Titans brought in Russ Grimm....certainly as good a line coach as Stoutland. Second, Warmack had a nice contract but not a gangbuster. Third, Compensatory picks are in later rounds and at the end of the round...if they are in the mind of the personnel group then they have already lost because they are blowing cap room for cheap picks. warmack may not even start so he doesn't fall into that category.

I hope your world of wine and roses is the correct one but it seems pretty much of a reach.

I think Warmack's struggles in Tenn, and his chirping about his position coach are so obviously related. There are multiple techniques and styles an offense can chose to employ in the blocking scheme. Kelce, for example, will always struggle being asked to be a bulldozer. But few NFL centers, are physically capable of pulling out around the edge as he is. Warmack excelled in Stoutlands' blocking scheme. Not so much in Tenn. Why then, is it so hard to believe he chose to come here? As Z said, he did sign on day 1. His pedigree alone would have gotten him a job somewhere in the league. It's not like he was desperate. He wanted to go where he knew the job requirement fit his skill set.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 10 2017, 11:14 AM) *
I think Warmack's struggles in Tenn, and his chirping about his position coach are so obviously related. There are multiple techniques and styles an offense can chose to employ in the blocking scheme. Kelce, for example, will always struggle being asked to be a bulldozer. But few NFL centers, are physically capable of pulling out around the edge as he is. Warmack excelled in Stoutlands' blocking scheme. Not so much in Tenn. Why then, is it so hard to believe he chose to come here? As Z said, he did sign on day 1. His pedigree alone would have gotten him a job somewhere in the league. It's not like he was desperate. He wanted to go where he knew the job requirement fit his skill set.

Pretty simple...as I said, he chirped about a guy who was his coach who was a D3 LB and I get that but when you open your mouth you better produce when they bring in a real coach which is what they did when they brought in Russ Grimm to coach the O line and Warmack got no better....what is the next excuse he will use? What is amazing is this naive thought process that he signed here on the first day because he wanted his college coach to fix him. He wasn't desperate? His agent knew all to well what the market for his service was and what chances he would have or is his agent as bad as his line coach? I am amazed at this bizaree thought process that player after player is thought to forego millions of dollars to come th Philly to play for a coach or to play with Wentz or whatever other bizarre conspiracy theory fits a particular narrative. There is an occasional player that signs for less money to go to a team like New England but the Eagles are not the Patriots. I am sure Warmack is hoping Stoutland can help him but he did not have a ton of options. He was in danger of losing his starting spot before he hurt his finger (and yes, sitting on IR for a finger enraged Tenn. fans and writers as well). But maybe I am wrong...maybe Warmack doesn't care about money or he got terrible advice from his agent or there was some hot market for him and he decided multi million dollar/multi year contracts were not in his best interest and he should gamble on going to his college coach to make him feel warm and fuzzy...maybe that happened.........and maybe I win the lottery tonight.

And another thing.....maybe Peters didn't take a pay cut because he wants the damn money too.....and he knows he is getting cut next year for the damn money and he knows if they cut him this year he can get a big nut up front by some dumb GM who will hope to get 2 years out of him. I can't believe he go along with restructuring his deal...shocked that Stoutland did not have such a profound effect on him....or the "honor" of playing with our lord and savior Carson Wentz. Fuck...are people that desperate for hope? Carson Wentz may be great one day and I hope that is the case but he is not that good yet...there are signs that he may be a good QB and that is a good thing but this silly horseshit that players are taking less to play with him....grasping at every rumor....it is a business...plain and simple....and agents are paid to advise their clients where they have the best chance to make the most money. Sometimes that is taking a little less of comparable offers but it is never about taking a lesser offer that is ridiculous.

Ok...rant over...back to wine and roses...
Zero
Where you're wrong is using words like "naive", "desperate for hope", "bizarre" and "conspiracy theory" with people who don't think like you do. I understand your perspective and why you feel that way and I can see where it may have validity. What amazes me is how your brain is limited to seeing the possibility of only your perspective.

Jeffery is a different case. He signed quickly too, but his history would seem to support his intent to hit the payday as a reason for a one year deal. Injuries and drugs probably limited his suitors. Add a QB with a strong arm, a coach who likes to pass and a roster with limited WR options and we can see how he might have the chance to get the stats for the payday.

Jernigan is a PON whose skillset seems to fit the scheme. He's young and has a favorable cap number this year. This is a guy who may fit the compensatory script if he has a strong year. He could be a one year rental who excels in Schwartz's system alongside Cox who wants more than the team is willing to spend on top of Fletcher's contract. Depending on the contract he would get compared to what the Eagles do in FA, the Eagles could get a pick at the bottom of the third round like the one they got from Baltimore in the Jernigan trade. Not exactly a late round pick. wink.gif
nephillymike
Geez RF, that's some major kill joy going on there.

If you can spell better than Eyrie, we may have a spot for you.

I don't know if you've recovered from the Sleeves breakup or the fact we lucked into getting a first for him.

Prior to then, you really weren't Axis material.

Since then, you're our best recruit!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 10 2017, 08:18 PM) *
Geez RF, that's some major kill joy going on there.

If you can spell better than Eyrie, we may have a spot for you.

I don't know if you've recovered from the Sleeves breakup or the fact we lucked into getting a first for him.

Prior to then, you really weren't Axis material.

Since then, you're our best recruit!

I am just a realist.....and player after player who signs here wants to play with Wentz or some other reason other than what they all sign for...Money

Some people feel the need to get the warm and fuzzies in any way they can..
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 10 2017, 04:49 PM) *
Where you're wrong is using words like "naive", "desperate for hope", "bizarre" and "conspiracy theory" with people who don't think like you do. I understand your perspective and why you feel that way and I can see where it may have validity. What amazes me is how your brain is limited to seeing the possibility of only your perspective.

Jeffery is a different case. He signed quickly too, but his history would seem to support his intent to hit the payday as a reason for a one year deal. Injuries and drugs probably limited his suitors. Add a QB with a strong arm, a coach who likes to pass and a roster with limited WR options and we can see how he might have the chance to get the stats for the payday.

Jernigan is a PON whose skillset seems to fit the scheme. He's young and has a favorable cap number this year. This is a guy who may fit the compensatory script if he has a strong year. He could be a one year rental who excels in Schwartz's system alongside Cox who wants more than the team is willing to spend on top of Fletcher's contract. Depending on the contract he would get compared to what the Eagles do in FA, the Eagles could get a pick at the bottom of the third round like the one they got from Baltimore in the Jernigan trade. Not exactly a late round pick. wink.gif

It is not that I see only one path....it is that you are not wearing a tinfoil hat when you come up with some of these...

Jeffery signed here because the multi year offer he got was low dollar and he will likely make over 11 million here or more so it is only an injury gamble. It was money. Jernigan was a trade and a good one....they are hoping to extend him cheap. Furthermore...I suggest you brush up on compensatory picks.....they don't just get one if he signs elsewhere...it depends on how many FAs the Eagles sign themselves and then he would need to ranked in the top 5% for a 3rd...10% for a 4th..etc.....so start there...

I guess I don't understand the need to portray every move the Eagles make to sign a guy as the player begging to come to Philadelphia....to make it something other than they want to get paid as much as could or that Philly was the best financial situation.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 11 2017, 12:39 AM) *
It is not that I see only one path....it is that you are not wearing a tinfoil hat when you come up with some of these...

Jeffery signed here because the multi year offer he got was low dollar and he will likely make over 11 million here or more so it is only an injury gamble. It was money. Jernigan was a trade and a good one....they are hoping to extend him cheap. Furthermore...I suggest you brush up on compensatory picks.....they don't just get one if he signs elsewhere...it depends on how many FAs the Eagles sign themselves and then he would need to ranked in the top 5% for a 3rd...10% for a 4th..etc.....so start there...

I guess I don't understand the need to portray every move the Eagles make to sign a guy as the player begging to come to Philadelphia....to make it something other than they want to get paid as much as could or that Philly was the best financial situation.
I swear, you either argue just for the sake of it or you have a reading comprehension problem. You said it was about money, I said it was about money ... you argue the point anyway. You say I need to brush up on compensatory picks but ...
Depending on the contract he would get compared to what the Eagles do in FA, the Eagles could get a pick at the bottom of the third round like the one they got from Baltimore in the Jernigan trade. Not exactly a late round pick
Without the details, it's what you said.
nephillymike
In the big scheme of things, it is very interesting that a team that has, depending on the source at any given time, the 30th to 32nd most amount of cap room, was continuously able to pay free agents the most money. That in each of those situations, those 29 to 31 other NFL teams with more money conveniently opted not to bid on the players we were interested in. The combination of the factor of supply of cap dollars as one of the factors that determine an offer price and money as THE reason these guys sign with teams, would seem to make it very difficult this year for the Eagles to come out as the team that gets the FA in that world.

I guess luck was on our side a few times this year.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 11 2017, 06:34 AM) *
In the big scheme of things, it is very interesting that a team that has, depending on the source at any given time, the 30th to 32nd most amount of cap room, was continuously able to pay free agents the most money. That in each of those situations, those 29 to 31 other NFL teams with more money conveniently opted not to bid on the players we were interested in. The combination of the factor of supply of cap dollars as one of the factors that determine an offer price and money as THE reason these guys sign with teams, would seem to make it very difficult this year for the Eagles to come out as the team that gets the FA in that world.

I think you meant we had the least amount of cap room. I remember when we were the Gold Standard of cap management we would be confused at how the cap strapped teams would hire top tier FAs. You make a solid point.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 11 2017, 06:34 AM) *

Is there one FA we signed that was not without baggage? Did Jeffery have 1000 yard season the last 2 years? Or not get suspended? Is Patrick Robinson a stud or Torrey Smith coming off a 267 yard season? We didn't get lucky, we signed a lot of huge question marks. I think they are necessary risks but it is not like we signed a lot of solid FAs.

Jernigan was a trade.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 11 2017, 06:05 AM) *
I swear, you either argue just for the sake of it or you have a reading comprehension problem. You said it was about money, I said it was about money ... you argue the point anyway. You say I need to brush up on compensatory picks but ...
Without the details, it's what you said.

You have said one player came here to play with Wentz....now it is the Eagles are signing or trading for players with a compensatory draft pick as a hedge. I am merely pointing out that you don't just get a compensatory pick because a player signs elsewhere. This year is a great example. Because of the signing of Jeffery we will not get anything for Logan.(not sure if we would have anyway if he was an RFA...I forget if he was)
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 11 2017, 10:34 AM) *
You have said one player came here to play with Wentz....now it is the Eagles are signing or trading for players with a compensatory draft pick as a hedge. I am merely pointing out that you don't just get a compensatory pick because a player signs elsewhere. This year is a great example. Because of the signing of Jeffery we will not get anything for Logan.(not sure if we would have anyway if he was an RFA...I forget if he was)

Logan was an UFA and we're talking about next year.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 11 2017, 06:42 PM) *
Logan was an UFA and we're talking about next year.

perfect...so we don't get any compensatory pick for him...that is an easy example.

All compensatory picks are mitigated by who we lose and who we sign and then a comparison of the impacts of each player, snap counts and base salary of the new contracts. Escalators, work out bonuses etc are not included.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 11 2017, 08:55 PM) *
perfect...so we don't get any compensatory pick for him...that is an easy example.

All compensatory picks are mitigated by who we lose and who we sign and then a comparison of the impacts of each player, snap counts and base salary of the new contracts. Escalators, work out bonuses etc are not included.

In general, True about the compensatory; it is based on net losses. I don't think we've drafted well enough to be bystanders in next year's free agency so we will have some pickups to offset any losses.

However, it is unrealistic to think that a team with so few cap resources was able to land the best FA WR and others with just the woo of their below market offer. I think that our team or city or coaches or QB or organization do offer something of value to free agents. It's unlikely that given our situation we were the highest bidder, more likely that other things contributed to make our competitive offer attractive enough.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 11 2017, 10:42 PM) *
In general, True about the compensatory; it is based on net losses. I don't think we've drafted well enough to be bystanders in next year's free agency so we will have some pickups to offset any losses.

However, it is unrealistic to think that a team with so few cap resources was able to land the best FA WR and others with just the woo of their below market offer. I think that our team or city or coaches or QB or organization do offer something of value to free agents. It's unlikely that given our situation we were the highest bidder, more likely that other things contributed to make our competitive offer attractive enough.

See...this is where I lose my mind....the "best" FA WR was coming of of 2 subpar seasons where he was suspended for PEDs and his next violation means he is out ofr an extended period. He has plenty of baggage AND his offer was NOT below market value for his baggage and his incentives will likely take him well above average. Beyond that other WRs who had more yards and less baggage signed for similar money, some more, some less. The bottom line is that the big money was not out there for Jeffery anywhere else. There is a reason for that. Maybe it was his 6 TDs in the last 2 seasons...maybe it was averaging 53 catches over the last 2 years or missing 11 games in those years. It is only unlikely that we were not the highest bidder...in fact we were likely the only real bidder other than the mystery offer from the Vikes that had no details other than it was more years.

Hey..if you want to think that the coach many here don't like or the QB is more attractive then Brady or Rodgers et al then knock yourself out...I stick with the facts....and all the evidence and the real world.

We didn't trade for the guy from NO...that would have been a real stud with no baggage. We didn't sign Jackson or Garcon or Pryor. We signed a guy with lots of question marks. I am not saying it was not a good move....I am saying that he came here because no one else was going to pay him because of his issues.
D Rock
RF - you're like my 9 year old. He talks just to hear the sound of his own voice.

We're coming off a season where our WR group was historically bad. We landed the best available free agent WR (and a 2nd FA WR) during the early market feeding frenzy, and did so with little to no cap room.

But you can't appreciate that. No. You prefer to bitch and moan like a 9 year old about potential warts on what looks to be the most physically gifted receiver to donn the green since TO.

You keep wondering why folks consistently refer to you as a crotchety old dick. It'll dawn on you one day.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 12 2017, 01:22 AM) *
I stick with the facts....and all the evidence and the real world.

You stick with the facts that fit your argument and discount the peripheral points. The funny thing is that I agree with most of what you say until you discount what you think is fluff. Maybe it is, but as Emperor OptiMystic I live by the Yogism "it ain't over 'til it's over." And, as inept as they can be sometimes, I know for a fact that the Eagle organization is better at this shit than any of us is and, to throw in a Tuggerism, "ya gotta believe!" Any other way and it's no fun, a recipe for alcoholism, a bowl of depression and being right won't make any of it feel any better.

The team going into camp is much improved over the team last year. There's less uncertainty than there was last year. The QB and coach both have a year of experience. And, probably most important, the organization has a highly regarded personnel man who appears to have influence. None of these are guarantees and all will have questions and warts. But, WHEN they win the Super Bowl the ecstasy won't be as much about the destination as it will be about the journey, and all the flat tires and wrong turns will only make the finish that much more enjoyable. Enjoy the ride and check the oil.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 12 2017, 01:41 AM) *
RF - you're like my 9 year old. He talks just to hear the sound of his own voice.

We're coming off a season where our WR group was historically bad. We landed the best available free agent WR (and a 2nd FA WR) during the early market feeding frenzy, and did so with little to no cap room.

But you can't appreciate that. No. You prefer to bitch and moan like a 9 year old about potential warts on what looks to be the most physically gifted receiver to donn the green since TO.

You keep wondering why folks consistently refer to you as a crotchety old dick. It'll dawn on you one day.

Really? Tell you what...tell me one area where I am wrong.

nevermind...you are a little pompous twat who has a big mouth at the keyboard......maybe that is what you need to get your jollies.....now run to tell the family how you told me off.

Limp wristed twits like you amuse me...keep up the good work. What would fantasy land be without fairies and you fit the job description perfectly.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 12 2017, 06:09 AM) *
You stick with the facts that fit your argument and discount the peripheral points. The funny thing is that I agree with most of what you say until you discount what you think is fluff. Maybe it is, but as Emperor OptiMystic I live by the Yogism "it ain't over 'til it's over." And, as inept as they can be sometimes, I know for a fact that the Eagle organization is better at this shit than any of us is and, to throw in a Tuggerism, "ya gotta believe!" Any other way and it's no fun, a recipe for alcoholism, a bowl of depression and being right won't make any of it feel any better.

The team going into camp is much improved over the team last year. There's less uncertainty than there was last year. The QB and coach both have a year of experience. And, probably most important, the organization has a highly regarded personnel man who appears to have influence. None of these are guarantees and all will have questions and warts. But, WHEN they win the Super Bowl the ecstasy won't be as much about the destination as it will be about the journey, and all the flat tires and wrong turns will only make the finish that much more enjoyable. Enjoy the ride and check the oil.

I look at all the facts...not what fits my argument. What did I miss?

Who was it that thinks the coach is a turd and who thinks that he has serious potential? And I only use the facts that fit my argument?

That is hilarious....I guess you are a little forgetful. My point is that while I know the Eagles upgraded their WR position they did it on a gamble, one with age and the other with a guy whose recent past has some serious red flags.

My ability to suspend disbelief went out the window when Howie was put back in the seat. He has made too many mistakes and they have not won a playoff game with him at the helm. His draft record is brutal and he is as much or more of the reason that their cap room is what it is and why they are making lots of risky moves.

Trust me...I am praying that everyone they sign is a pro bowler but I am merely realistic on the guys they brought in and the potential pitfalls.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 12 2017, 02:42 PM) *
Really? Tell you what...tell me one area where I am wrong.

I don't have all day.
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 12 2017, 02:42 PM) *
Limp wristed twits like you amuse me...keep up the good work. What would fantasy land be without fairies

So in addition to being a grumpy old dick, you fantasize about fairies? You said it not me.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 12 2017, 04:11 PM) *
I don't have all day.

So in addition to being a grumpy old dick, you fantasize about fairies? You said it not me.

lol..you applied for the position not me....but you should take pride...you are an excellent fairy.....almost as if it comes naturally.

and no worries...I didn't expect you to provide examples...it is your M.O., stop in, drop your pompous comments and when called on to support your wiseass remarks you can't but instead you use the "I don't have all day" silliness. Just be jonest and say you can't and that you just needed to feel good. It is ok....most here know you to be the snarky little bitch that you are. Own it....you are good at it...take some pride.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 11 2017, 10:42 PM) *

Maybe we need to arrange another bet....wings for and over/under on compensatory picks...lol Z can buy this time...hahahaha and we can talk about what an old man I am.... ac6.gif ac6.gif ac6.gif

God...I Douchebag thinks I am old he must think you guys are in senior care.... devil03.gif

But it would be fun to get together again soon...bet or no bet
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 12 2017, 03:28 PM) *
Maybe we need to arrange another bet....wings for and over/under on compensatory picks...lol Z can buy this time...hahahaha and we can talk about what an old man I am.... ac6.gif ac6.gif ac6.gif

God...I Douchebag thinks I am old he must think you guys are in senior care.... devil03.gif

One thing for sure, Zero is not Z's age!!

Us young guys know this. unsure.gif
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 12 2017, 05:12 PM) *
One thing for sure, Zero is not Z's age!!

WTF does that mean? huh.gif
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 12 2017, 04:28 PM) *

Chickies
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 12 2017, 05:59 PM) *
WTF does that mean? huh.gif

It means you are f@#$ing old!!
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 12 2017, 07:17 PM) *
laugh.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 12 2017, 07:17 PM) *

He said it Z, not me...I respect my elders!!!! (which includes Mikey....hahahaha)

blah.gif blah.gif blah.gif

And Chickies is fine.....unless Mikey knows a better place....it is actually easier for me to come into the city than to go to Doylestown...no easy way for me to get to that area.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.