Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Playing in LA
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
eagleaddict
Just read the Eagles are requesting to play their two LA away games in consecutive weeks. I'm not sure how that affects the team, but I'm going to both games and would love to organize a rally since this would not happen again for at least 8 years possibly for much longer. Any thoughts on the ramifications of playing back to back weeks and staying out west??
eagleaddict
QUOTE (eagleaddict @ Apr 4 2017, 03:13 PM) *
Just read the Eagles are requesting to play their two LA away games in consecutive weeks. I'm not sure how that affects the team, but I'm going to both games and would love to organize a rally since this would not happen again for at least 8 years possibly for much longer. Any thoughts on the ramifications of playing back to back weeks and staying out west??

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.co...the-season/amp/
Pila
One trip allows the Eagles to gain a day otherwise wasted in transit. That would be ideal.
The Franchise
QUOTE (eagleaddict @ Apr 4 2017, 03:13 PM) *

That would be great if they allowed that. Similar to baseball West Coast trips, where they spend 2 weeks in the same time zone in several different cities without having to take any red eye flights.
D Rock
QUOTE (eagleaddict @ Apr 4 2017, 08:13 PM) *

I'll be there...
eagleaddict
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 5 2017, 04:05 PM) *
I'll be there...

Where are you in LA? I'm guessing Studio City based on your avatar. I'm in Agoura Hills. Almost every Eagle fan I've met out here in 7 years is from LA.
Rick
That would be great! If so, I'll try and make both of them.
D Rock
QUOTE (eagleaddict @ Apr 6 2017, 12:20 AM) *
Where are you in LA? I'm guessing Studio City based on your avatar. I'm in Agoura Hills. Almost every Eagle fan I've met out here in 7 years is from LA.

I live in Montrose (north glendale / la crescenta) and work in Hollywood. I did work in Studio City which is indeed the impetus for the avatar. I was on the CBS Radford lot for 10 years. There are a boatload of iggle fans out here. There's a great Iggles Bar in Santa Monica called the shack. Too far for me to travel for a 10:00 a.m. kickoff, but I used to go when I lived in Hollywood and didn't have kids.

We should organize a wingheads west tailgate or something of the sort of either or both games this season. So cool they come here twice in 1 season.
eagleaddict
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 6 2017, 11:25 AM) *
I live in Montrose (north glendale / la crescenta) and work in Hollywood. I did work in Studio City which is indeed the impetus for the avatar. I was on the CBS Radford lot for 10 years. There are a boatload of iggle fans out here. There's a great Iggles Bar in Santa Monica called the shack. Too far for me to travel for a 10:00 a.m. kickoff, but I used to go when I lived in Hollywood and didn't have kids.

We should organize a wingheads west tailgate or something of the sort of either or both games this season. So cool they come here twice in 1 season.

I was the GM of the Daily Grill across the street a few years ago. I've heard of the Shack but haven't been yet. Reviews didn't look great. But now I have Dunkin' Donuts around the corner, can get Yuengling at the Brickyard in Noho, cheesesteaks at Fabs in Woodland Hills, decent pizza at Mulberry Street in Sherman Oaks and Rita's water ice in Encino. Now about those soft pretzels and Wawa hoagies...
Reality Fan
QUOTE (eagleaddict @ Apr 6 2017, 02:08 PM) *
I was the GM of the Daily Grill across the street a few years ago. I've heard of the Shack but haven't been yet. Reviews didn't look great. But now I have Dunkin' Donuts around the corner, can get Yuengling at the Brickyard in Noho, cheesesteaks at Fabs in Woodland Hills, decent pizza at Mulberry Street in Sherman Oaks and Rita's water ice in Encino. Now about those soft pretzels and Wawa hoagies...

You had me until the Wawa hoagies....they used to be so good but then they expanded and started to use their own name brand meats (I guess) and are no tasteless blobs......God, I miss those 2 Am post bar Wawa runs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.