Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Denver interested in Peters??
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Somebody just called up WIP and said that is the rumor out there.

It's worth watching.

I like Peters a lot. Call it a HOF bias that I have.

But I guess you should see what they're offering.

Maybe a good corner and a pick and a few mill of cap room?

We'll see.
Zero
There's rumors that Bradley Roby may be on the block. LJ to LT and Big V at RT?
Eagle2720
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 1 2017, 12:19 PM) *
There's rumors that Bradley Roby may be on the block. LJ to LT and Big V at RT?

I would 100% do it straight up for Roby, no hesitation.
Zero
From Phillyvoice:
Multiple times in the last week I have heard the local Denver sports radio guys talking about Jason Peters. These guys say that Peters is the top guy on the Broncos wish list and that there is some noise behind the scenes.
The Broncs need a LT, are still in the hunt for a SB, have picks and the cap space. The Eagles are not close and probably won't be while JP is here, have glaring holes, have a spare LT and could use cap space. There seems to be smoke ... fire?

Would you trade Peters, a future HOFer and team leader to rebuild? If they could get Denver's #2 (51) or one of their #3's (82, 101)? A player? Roby costs them about $2 mil and they have $16 mil. Peters' cap is $11.7, we save $9.7 if traded and Denver saves $1.4 if they trade Roby but take on a net of $9.5 leaving them with about $6.5 while their rookie pool is supposed to be $7.3.

The numbers seem to show a player-for-player if anything. Talib is 31 but it's a CB rich draft and if they're making a push now they'll need a LT. The Eagles need experience and talent at CB.

Any opinions on Roby? Is this just slow time blog filler?

Denver Post

Edit ...
BTW, doing a deal like this, plus the anticipated departures of Mathews, Kelce and Kendricks would leave the team with almost $20 mil in cap allowing them to not only add a DT but free up space in 2018. Will JP be here in 2018?
Zero
More speculation here ...
Should the Eagles be serious suitors for Sherman? I wouldn't hold your breath, as any deal would almost have to include Peters or some other combination of Eagles players such as Mychal Kendricks or Jason Kelce that would aid them in saving money under the cap to fit Sherman in. But if the Seahawks had interest in Peters or some other combination of Eagles players, a motivated Howie Roseman would have ammo to get to it done.
Joegrane
I wonder if it would have to wait until after they have the ability to cut or restructure R Matthews.

QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 11 2017, 07:17 AM) *
More speculation here ...

GroundedBird
I guess the elephant in the room is ...

how confident are we in Big V's abilities?

Is the drop off from Lane to Big V significant? Is that a problem?
Joegrane
Drop off from a Top 5 pick to a 5th rounder?!

I think Big V would not kill them if he had to fill in for a few games but the two starters are "playmakers" guys who are so good the other team has to scheme to deal with them. When you have two really good OTs, a Center who is great at getting out in front and someone as dangerous as D Sproles, opponents have to respect your ability to take one to the house.

QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Apr 11 2017, 10:36 AM) *

Birdman420
Can we not talk about trading away what's going to allow wentz to get comfortable this year in the pocket? Man he took a beating last year when LJ wasn't in. I want him to gain confidence in his ability, not run amuck because our line can't hold.

I get the angle of getting the most value out of players before they are past their peak, but i also think there is intangible value in having our QB of the future protected even if it means that the trade-in for Peters ends up being nil.
Zero
QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Apr 11 2017, 11:36 AM) *

Yep, and if they think Barbre or Tobin could do the job. Personally, I'm not a Tobin fan but Barbre has been OK at RT.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.