Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CB Ron Brooks Takes Pay Cut
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Joegrane
The Eagles' secondary is starting to take shape with the recent signing of veteran CB Patrick Robinson and now this news about Ron Brooks.
http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphia-eagl...es-to-a-pay-cut

I suspect this is good news for both Brooks and the Eagles.

The Eagles get a little cap relief and they could release him after this season with only 250k$ dead$.

After such a significant injury Brooks gets a job and opportunity to show what he can do. He is only 28 yrs old.
nephillymike
That works for me!

Next year as an option I guess helps him.
Pila
The offense is going to be something special.

But we're going to need do something the eagles haven't done in a really long time. Hit on two corners in the draft.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Pila @ Apr 1 2017, 01:34 PM) *
But we're going to need do something the eagles haven't done in a really long time. Hit on two corners in the draft.

To be more accurate, we haven't actually drafted an NFL starting-caliber DB since 2002. Considine, Demps, Allen, and Boykin are the best we've done drafting a DB since then. wacko.gif

2002 was arguably the best draft we've ever had. Sheppard and Brown to replace Taylor and Vincent without skipping a beat, Lewis to upgrade SS for years, and then Westbrook in the 3rd round for good measure.
Pila
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 1 2017, 07:39 PM) *
To be more accurate, we haven't actually drafted an NFL starting-caliber DB since 2002. Considine, Demps, Allen, and Boykin are the best we've done drafting a DB since then. wacko.gif

2002 was arguably the best draft we've ever had. Sheppard and Brown to replace Taylor and Vincent without skipping a beat, Lewis to upgrade SS for years, and then Westbrook in the 3rd round for good measure.

Thanks for putting a date on it. Now I'll go kill myself.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Pila @ Apr 1 2017, 07:59 PM) *
Thanks for putting a date on it. Now I'll go kill myself.

laugh.gif

Nah, stay alive and see what Wentz can do this year with some receivers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.