Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NFL pledges to cut down on commercial breaks to speed up games
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SAM I Am
NFL pledges to cut down on commercial breaks to speed up games

[[ "We know how annoying it is when we come back from a commercial break, kick off, and then cut to a commercial again," Goodell said. "I hate that too. Our goal is to eliminate it." ]]

Tell me about it Rog. That drives me fucking crazy. 3 minutes of commercials, then about 10 seconds for the kick off that the returner takes a knee on, and then 3 more minutes of commercials. If I was certain they were going to take a knee every time, I would say fuck the kickoff and take the dog for a 6 minute walk.

There are enough stoppages in the game without having to add in scheduled commercial stoppages. It really disrupts the momentum and flow of the game for the fans and the players I'm sure.

Well, we'll see if it actually happens. I'm not holding my breath.

Zero
I love DVR. biggrin.gif
Eyrie
Fully agree.

It's bad enough games taking over three hours and finishing at half past midnight when I have work the next morning, but the kick off nonsense exacerbates the problem whilst adding nothing to the game.

Kick off, and start the play clock as soon as the returner kneels or is tackled. Then there will be no time for a second commercial break.
Pila
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 23 2017, 08:46 PM) *
Fully agree.

It's bad enough games taking over three hours and finishing at half past midnight when I have work the next morning, but the kick off nonsense exacerbates the problem whilst adding nothing to the game.

Kick off, and start the play clock as soon as the returner kneels or is tackled. Then there will be no time for a second commercial break.

That's the number one whine from my friends here in portugal as well. It's incredible to stay entertained during the frequent breaks - they're just not used to that kind of frequent interruptions in a match.

When the action is running though, they're very curious about the sport.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.