Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This Is Us
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.phillyvoice.com/heres-where-phi...its-not-pretty/

Sad, really sad.
The Franchise
Thanks for the uplifting post!

Eagles - Eagles/Pats Super Bowl

Phillies - '93 - '08 - '09

Flyers - '97 - '10

Sixers - '01

I was too young to remember the other championship appearances. I can honestly say that when entering a championship series/game, out of all the ones I listed, the only one where I felt we were clearly the better team was '08 Phillies, which of course we won.

My beef is more with the times we lost in conference/league playoffs, such as our numerous NFCCG debacles, and losing to the Giants in the '10 NLCS. And of course, nothing beats winning 102 games, going up 1-0 and in Game 2 giving Cliff Lee a 3-0 lead, only to fuck it up and eventually lose in the first round to the goddam Cardinals a year later.
Zero
OptiMystic raises you ...
A simple Google search of "NFL teams 2016 record in close games" yielded a USA Today article where author Steven Ruiz reversed the outcome of all games decided by 7 points or less and analyzed the impact on team records and playoff standings.

Eagles +5 wins – 12-4
And here’s what the division standings would look like…
NFC East

Eagles 12-4
Cowboys 8-8
Giants 7-9
Redskins 6-9-1

And the playoff seedings…

NFC

1. Eagles
2. Falcons
3. Cardinals
4. Vikings
5. Panthers
6. Saints
Your play. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.