Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Isaac SF, Fla. State
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I can see some skills there. Long, good boarding. Too many times, he was watching the action instead of moving without the ball.
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 17 2017, 04:02 AM) *
I can see some skills there. Long, good boarding. Too many times, he was watching the action instead of moving without the ball.

Ha!

I posted my thread before I saw this.

He was doing his job. He's the 3rd option on a very good team. Precisely why I think he'd fit well with us.

Did you catch his line?

17 points, 10 boards, 3 blocks, 2 steals. Shot 62% from the field. That doesn't suggest "observer" to me. He's simply patient and lets the game come to him on offense. Showed a silky smooth mid-range game, and NBA range.
nephillymike
You are 12 hours late!

I hear you.

I understand your point about letting the game come to him. I'm a little hesitant about picking a 3rd option on a 3rd seed with the 5th pick of the draft. At that high, he should be the best option, maybe 2nd best on a power house. However, I can be convinced. The most impressive thing to me was his defensive rebounding.

So far, my thinking is this as far as our draft board:

1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Monk
4. Isaac
5. Tatum
6. Markinnan (sp)

I'm hopeful we get two of these. I would think if we only get one, Monk would be available. I have seen a few draft iterations where Isaac goes #4. Not many but a few. Go on that tankathon site and press a few buttons. It's addictive.
D Rock
I do not like Tatum. Pre-requisite for this years pick is "shooter."

I'd almost take Ball off my list because his shot looks to have a difficult transition to NBA defenses. Almost.

My list...

Fultz
Isaac
Monk
Marennan
Ball.

Ball to me, is a smaller Simmons.

This year, it's about fit more than BPA.
Joegrane
Those are fighting words!

I actually agree with you. Think about what would have happened if the Sixers had selected someone other than Okafor. The Sixers probably would have retained N Noel and have a real center as insurance for JE.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the Sixers. They could be champs or they can remain mediocre for a long time. The health of a couple of players will likely be the determining factor

However, with Noel on the team, maybe you don't have the cap space to get the impact scorer you'll need, but you insulate your rebuild from being a bust.

QUOTE (D Rock @ Mar 18 2017, 02:52 AM) *
I do not like Tatum. Pre-requisite for this years pick is "shooter."

This year, it's about fit more than BPA.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 18 2017, 06:28 PM) *
Those are fighting words!

I actually agree with you. Think about what would have happened if the Sixers had selected someone other than Okafor. The Sixers probably would have retained N Noel and have a real center as insurance for JE.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the Sixers. They could be champs or they can remain mediocre for a long time. The health of a couple of players will likely be the determining factor

However, with Noel on the team, maybe you don't have the cap space to get the impact scorer you'll need, but you insulate your rebuild from being a bust.

Joe!!!

I agree with the initial premise but Holmes is as good as if not better than Noel.

I would have loved for them to take someone other than Okafor but there is no reason for them to keep Noel and his bloated contract driven primarily by his draft slot. He is just an 'OK" player....
nephillymike
Ugly game yesterday for FSU and Isaac.

That was a surprise. I thought they would handle Xavier, but Xavier won a rout.

http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoade...ecap968400.html
Joegrane
Did Isaac look good? I can understand if received extra attention on O.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 19 2017, 08:18 AM) *
Ugly game yesterday for FSU and Isaac.

That was a surprise. I thought they would handle Xavier, but Xavier won a rout.

http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoade...ecap968400.html

nephillymike
So for any Isaac fans, I used the Tankathon simulated draft lottery for 50 iterations and here are the outcomes of those 50, using my draft board, sorted from most to least favorite outcome for me:

A. Fultz and Monk (Isaac) 2
B. Ball and Monk (Isaac) 5
C. Monk and Isaac (Markkanen) 8
D. Fultz only (Ball) 7
E. Ball only (Monk, Isaac) 4
F. Monk only (Isaac) 20
G. Monk only (Markkanen) 4

So, Isaac is available in 92% of the iterations. Also, we at least get Monk or better in ALL of the iterations.

I can live with this.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.