Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What started the DMac/TOO feud?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
... there was a game, I can’t remember if it was… we were playing the Giants or the Browns or whatever the case may be. But throughout the course of practice, there were designed specific plays for myself. [We] ran it over and over, knew it was going to work in the game. [I] ran that play to a T – open, wide open. I didn’t get the ball. I could hear my teammates from the sideline, ‘Why didn’t he throw the ball?’

"So I go back to the huddle and I was like, ‘Dude, I was open.’ And you know what his response was to me? ‘Shut the F up.’
Linc ...

Time's yours.
Pila
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 16 2017, 11:38 AM) *
Linc ...

Time's yours.

TO would have a bit more credibility if he wasn't carrying around getting thrown off of practice because he couldn't respect a coach.

That doesn't make his account untrue - Donovan did prove to be incredibly thin-skinned. Guys like Dawkins should have played a bigger part in getting those two to couple counseling.
The Franchise
TO would have a bit more credibility if *insert one of the myriad of answers here*

If he could more clearly describe the incident I'd be more open to listening. Did McNabb tell him to shut the fuck up after not throwing him the ball once? I'd be shocked if he didn't, after the 100th time of hearing it.

It's easy to revisit the circus from his point of view 10+ years later, but I'll never forget him doing sit-ups in the driveway and being told to piss off from training camp. The guy clearly has mental issues. One of the greatest WR's ever, and had arguably the best season of any Eagles WR ever. It was a shame.
D Rock
With the benefit of hindsight, I'm 100% team TO.

Supa5 was a fat, thin-skinned fraud, a mama's boy, and a head case.

TO was a petulant pain in the ass. But, you could say that about 90% of top WRs.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Mar 16 2017, 02:55 PM) *
With the benefit of hindsight, I'm 100% team TO.

Lol
Reality Fan
I am in the "who cares anymore" camp....I mean, really...both of those guys had serious issues but TO can't seem to move on or maybe it is all the idiots that need to dredge up the past
Pila
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 16 2017, 11:28 PM) *
I am in the "who cares anymore" camp....I mean, really...both of those guys had serious issues but TO can't seem to move on or maybe it is all the idiots that need to dredge up the past

I'm curious to know how that all went down. TO seemed revolted in 2005. What set him off? The dumb bro split-up spilled into the whole team, apparently even to the coaching staff. Awful nuisance that killed the team's chances at something special.
nephillymike
I think the deafening silence of the defense of McNabb from his teammates speaks volumes.

From the outside, TO was the asshole. From the inside, McNabb was the insecure baby.
Pila
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 17 2017, 12:56 AM) *
I think the deafening silence of the defense of McNabb from his teammates speaks volumes.

From the outside, TO was the asshole. From the inside, McNabb was the insecure baby.

From the outside, its clear both were assholes. Only one of them needed to put the ego aside for greatness to resume. Neither were capable, or willing.
Dreagon
I think the McNabb/TO situation was simply living proof that some individuals are doomed to dislike each other from the start. McNabb at times seemed to show certain passive-aggressive tendencies while TO was about as over-the-top of an alpha-male with no self-awareness as you could get. I would bet McNabb already disliked him long before the two had their problems, and I would bet TO was probably incapable of understanding how he could be rubbing McNabb the wrong way.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Mar 16 2017, 08:52 PM) *
TO was about as over-the-top of an alpha-male with no self-awareness as you could get.

and I would bet TO was probably incapable of understanding how he could be rubbing McNabb the wrong way.

This. Watch the Skip Bayless interview - it's impossible for this guy to understand how his personality and ego make him look bad, even if everything he says is true.

McNabb was never really a leader, or the kind of leader his teammates expected him to be. I've heard grumblings in media from his ex-teammates over the years about this, and it no doubt doesn't help with people coming to his defense.
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 16 2017, 11:56 PM) *

This
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 16 2017, 07:56 PM) *

Not any louder than the silence of those supporting TO.....I think they, like most sane people, just don't give a rat's ass anymore.

Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 16 2017, 06:56 PM) *

I think that speaks volumes about the lack of leadership on the team.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 17 2017, 04:20 PM) *
I think that speaks volumes about the lack of leadership on the team.

I would believe Brian Dawkins's take on the matter more than anyone else by far - 'unfortunately,' he has way too much class and grace to get involved in this horseshit, especially 12 years after the fact.
BirdsWinBaby
it was never going to last. it was doomed to fail. ever since the draft booing and even after years of being the franchise guy, Dmac never felt the love of the city.

TO doesnt even catch his first pass in TC and already the fans were singing the 'TO song.' its petty but it had to get to a guy like Dmac (who didnt have a song at all...lol)

thats where it started. from then on it was just a festering wound
Phits
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Mar 17 2017, 04:26 PM) *
I would believe Brian Dawkins's take on the matter more than anyone else by far - 'unfortunately,' he has way too much class and grace to get involved in this horseshit, especially 12 years after the fact.

I don't trust any of them. He (Dawkins) should have done something at the time. If he wasn't going to 'back' the malcontent he should have backed his QB. You can't fence walk.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 17 2017, 07:13 PM) *
I don't trust any of them. He (Dawkins) should have done something at the time.

That's kind of my point, we don't know what he did or didn't do because he wasn't going to publicly join the fiasco.

The Franchise
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Mar 17 2017, 06:36 PM) *
ever since the draft booing and even after years of being the franchise guy, Dmac never felt the love of the city.

How many irrational McNabb-hating douchebags have you met, either in real life or on this board? Our fans have a well deserved reputation.

He was thin-skinned, and TO was, as another called him, an over the top alpha male with no self-awareness. Total shame. If they spent 4 years together, they would both be in Canton, we'd have a ring or two, and everyone would be happy and we wouldn't be talking about this.
Pila
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Mar 18 2017, 01:36 AM) *
How many irrational McNabb-hating douchebags have you met, either in real life or on this board? Our fans have a well deserved reputation.

He was thin-skinned, and TO was, as another called him, an over the top alpha male with no self-awareness. Total shame. If they spent 4 years together, they would both be in Canton, we'd have a ring or two, and everyone would be happy and we wouldn't be talking about this.

It's true. I'm still recovering from the rhetorical superbowls those two won together.

Motherfuckers, the both of them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.