Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Snow Day!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
While they kind of blew the forecast, the timing was just right with a late Monday start, with some sleet making things interesting this AM, and everyone with the doom and gloom predictions last night, we actually closed work today so I can hang out, listen to sports, get some tax work done.

My beef with the weather guys is all the doom and gloom and the lack of qualifiers.

So I hear sleet here in NE Philly around 5:00 AM this AM. I'm like oh shit, could this ruin a snow day? So I turn on the news and I see them with all of these shots of places far out with snow, and then after like ten minutes of snowy shots from far away, they come with the Phila area and are hedging big time.

But at least it was deemed bad enough to stay home.

It looks like we got about 4 inches of snow/sleet right now. Maybe some more will come to make it more respectable, but it's far from the 8-12 inches they had in the forecast last night at 6 PM.

Let's hope Howie's predictions are more accurate.
Pila
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 14 2017, 03:14 PM) *
While they kind of blew the forecast, the timing was just right with a late Monday start, with some sleet making things interesting this AM, and everyone with the doom and gloom predictions last night, we actually closed work today so I can hang out, listen to sports, get some tax work done.

My beef with the weather guys is all the doom and gloom and the lack of qualifiers.

So I hear sleet here in NE Philly around 5:00 AM this AM. I'm like oh shit, could this ruin a snow day? So I turn on the news and I see them with all of these shots of places far out with snow, and then after like ten minutes of snowy shots from far away, they come with the Phila area and are hedging big time.

But at least it was deemed bad enough to stay home.

It looks like we got about 4 inches of snow/sleet right now. Maybe some more will come to make it more respectable, but it's far from the 8-12 inches they had in the forecast last night at 6 PM.

Let's hope Howie's predictions are more accurate.

I know what you mean - I decided to schedule a bunch of meetings today and skip out on a beach soccer tourney because the forecaster said max of 16C today. Yeah, well it's 18 right now and my mates are wasting no time making me regret my decision sending pics of the bikini scene.

How hard is it to get meteorology right? Bastards.
nephillymike
biggrin.gif

In fahrenheit speak, 16 C = 60 F, and 18 C = 64F.

So he's busting our balls!!
Pila
Click here for a live picture...

https://www.instagram.com/lisboalive/?hl=en
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 14 2017, 10:14 AM) *

yes i know i should be knee deep in bank statements and compiling 1099s, etc....

but my accountant would be disappointed if i drop off docs to him anytime before april 13. its not procrastination...its a tradition. so i will just watch a movie and drink tea

nephillymike
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Mar 14 2017, 10:36 AM) *
yes i know i should be knee deep in bank statements and compiling 1099s, etc....

but my accountant would be disappointed if i drop off docs to him anytime before april 13. its not procrastination...its a tradition. so i will just watch a movie and drink tea

You are not an accountant's friend! mad.gif

Actually, I am lucky. All of my customers have their shit ready fairly early. My customer whose stuff I get the latest, I will get this weekend. So I have no complaints on that end.

However, I always wait until the last minute to file my own returns, which bugs the shit out of my wife!!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Pila @ Mar 14 2017, 10:58 AM) *
Click here for a live picture...

https://www.instagram.com/lisboalive/?hl=en

I thought you tricked me....I thought it said lesboalive!!! Oh well, lovely pictures....

laugh.gif laugh.gif ac2.gif ac2.gif
Eyrie
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Mar 14 2017, 03:36 PM) *

Speaking as a chartered accountant in public practice I think this is an automatic banning offense!

I have several clients who, having had nine months to get organised (Apr - Dec), still need chased in the last month before our filing deadline (31 Jan). The same people, every year.

So please think of your accountant. We're people too! We have feelings and lives! Some of us even have a friend that isn't called Excel!
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 14 2017, 03:43 PM) *
We're people too! We have feelings and lives! Some of us even have a friend that isn't called Excel!

I wasn't aware. devil03.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 14 2017, 03:43 PM) *
Speaking as a chartered accountant in public practice I think this is an automatic banning offense!

I have several clients who, having had nine months to get organised (Apr - Dec), still need chased in the last month before our filing deadline (31 Jan). The same people, every year.

So please think of your accountant. We're people too! We have feelings and lives! Some of us even have a friend that isn't called Excel!

Well, maybe if you spelled organized correctly, your clients would understand your instructions.

I think if you check the fine print of the by laws, it IS a banning offense!
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 14 2017, 10:19 PM) *
Well, maybe if you spelled organized correctly, your clients would understand your instructions.

I think if you check the fine print of the by laws, it IS a banning offense!

I've just checked with Aquila. He's confirmed that "organized" is not a word but a banning offense, so you're in big trouble biggrin.gif
Pila
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 14 2017, 09:14 PM) *
I thought you tricked me....I thought it said lesboalive!!! Oh well, lovely pictures....

laugh.gif laugh.gif ac2.gif ac2.gif

Bwah! I'm sure you don't need me for those links!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.