Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Foles or Daniel
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
We didn't see anything of Daniel, but as of the time I went to see the Eagles in training camp at the Linc last year, those media types who were at practice every day, say he was out performing the other two QB's. Those same media types are now saying he obviously isn't a good QB, so I don't know if they're just lemmings or they did see something that changed their minds of him since then. He didn't look great in the preseason if I remember correctly.

Foles on the other hand, had an awesome year here, followed by a below average year, followed by an embarrassingly bad year in STL, followed by some decent backup duty in KC.

If he was doing decent in KC and backing up Smith, why wouldn't Andy keep him? He drafted him and he played pretty well as a rookie for him.

BTW, I don't think many noticed, but our #3 QB, Murray, signed with someone else about a week ago.

I say it's a lateral move on our part. They're selling it as if Daniel didn't wine about being released until AFTER they signed Foles. If true, think about that.

That would mean with our little cap room, we decided to sign what would be our 3rd QB for $7M guaranteed and still had our overpaid #2. Seems odd.

To answer my own question, I don't think either gives us a better shot. Both are likely above average back ups and if Daniel gets some money elsewhere that lowers the net cap hit between the two down, then I'll give it a neutral OK.
Zero
Foles had his best season with Pederson as his QB coach I think. He has very limited mobility where Daniel is decent. Daniel is short, Foles is more Wentz's height. Foles has proven to be a average to below average starter, Daniel hasn't been a starter. Foles is likely accepting of a backup role, Daniel is apparently not.

Foles.
Joegrane
I agree, Foles. However I'm not going to assume he is the same guy who dazzled us a few years ago. Some players have a short shelf life. However supposedly he was okay as a backup in KC last year.

In contrast Daniel never looked good except when he was using his legs. That is not enough to carry a team for a few games.

QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 14 2017, 06:59 AM) *
Foles had his best season with Pederson as his QB coach I think. He has very limited mobility where Daniel is decent. Daniel is short, Foles is more Wentz's height. Foles has proven to be a average to below average starter, Daniel hasn't been a starter. Foles is likely accepting of a backup role, Daniel is apparently not.

Foles.

Reality Fan
Neither guy is terribly mobile.....Daniel is on the nimble side but short

There is a reason Daniel has never been a starter in this league.....HE SUCKS...usually in the coaches office....
Eyrie
I always felt that Foles scrambling was a sure sign that we were trying to run down the clock, even in the first quarter.

He's OK as a back up QB so I'm fine with his return.
Dreagon
At this point, Foles is the more proven commodity.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.