Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This should cheer you up
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/PHI

Better than we were.
Eyrie
Was going to post a depth chart, so that's save me a lot of typing.

Offense
QB - pretty much set. A late round pick as the #3 to develop into our 2018 back up.
WR - competition for our three back ups, preferably from a good STer.
RB - assuming Mathews is cut, we need a mid-round power back to pair with Smallwood and Sproles. Keep the best STer from Barner/Marshall/Watson
TE - looks OK
OL - assuming Kelce is cut and replaced by Seumalo, we still have a strong starting line up and good depth.

Defence
DE - glaring need for a third player in the rotation. Means/Smith/McCallister battle for one/two roster spots.
DT - need a starter if Logan goes, but Allen/Vaeao are decent depth.
LB - I'd trade Kendricks for a fourth but he could also be a cap casualty. Either way we'd need to replace him.
S - Watkins needs competition for the #3 job.
CB - Clusterfuck. Mills and Brooks are all we have when teams need five players.

STs - we're set, but I'd like Braman back (shouldn't be expensive)

So in FA we need a starting CB and probably another for depth, but there's not much out there.

In the draft it has to be CB, DE, CB, RB. After that I'm looking at S, WR, DL depth and LB (two if Kendricks goes).

It's not a roster for 2017, but it will be competitive and set us up for future seasons.
nephillymike
I will make a surprising statement I believe is true:

The Eagles have some hidden gems on their roster.

When all is said and done, either Grymes or CJ Smith will be an average starting CB in the NFL, and the other will be a solid backup.

OT Gordon will be an above average starting OT.

LB Walker will be a solid backup LB.

This hidden depth will help.
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 12 2017, 01:35 AM) *
I will make a surprising statement I believe is true:

The Eagles have some hidden gems on their roster.

When all is said and done, either Grymes or CJ Smith will be an average starting CB in the NFL, and the other will be a solid backup.

OT Gordon will be an above average starting OT.

LB Walker will be a solid backup LB.

This hidden depth will help.

I think you've spent too long in a bar with Optimystic!

We're going to need one of Grymes or Smith to be a solid back up at CB but expecting either to start in 2017 is a reach too far. We need a #1 CB and a second CB to compete with Mills.

I've pencilled Walker in along with Goode and Grugier-Hill as the three back ups to Hicks, Bradham and Kendricks. However I'm not confident about him as the third LB if Kendricks goes because, whilst Walker did look good in training camp, he was a seventh round pick and missed his rookie season due to injury.
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 12 2017, 04:57 AM) *

We're going to need one of Grymes or Smith to be a solid back up at CB but expecting either to start in 2017 is a reach too far. We need a #1 CB and a second CB to compete with Mills.

I've pencilled Walker in along with Goode and Grugier-Hill as the three back ups to Hicks, Bradham and Kendricks. However I'm not confident about him as the third LB if Kendricks goes because, whilst Walker did look good in training camp, he was a seventh round pick and missed his rookie season due to injury.

I think you're trying to kiss up to the Axis leaders who rejected your application. laugh.gif

I've always believed that average CBs will be good CBs if there is a consistent and aggressive pass rush. A very good rookie paired with an average starter will be fine behind a strong rush. Seems to me they were high on Smith in camp. Don't forget even undrafted players can rise to the top once in awhile. Curry will have to step up, Graham keep the pressure and Cox will have to step up.

They were using 2 LBs something like 70% of the time if I remember right and Kendricks was not only missing tackles but he wasn't very good in coverage. I'm not sure Kendricks will be hard to replace.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 12 2017, 04:57 AM) *

I didn't necessarily say in 2017, nor even for this team.

Grymes had a great camp and preseason before the injury and there were many good reports on Smith.

I don't think either will be more than a #4 on the depth chart, but if called upon, I think they'll do ok.

Gordon will be a beast. That's why they didn't PS him last year.

Walker makes plays.

Hopefully I'm right.
The Franchise
9 WR's behind Smith and Jeffery - who stays, and who gets caught up in the bloodbath of cuts/trades?

I care not. Jordan Matthews as your #3 would be pretty awesome, but of course all the money issues.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.