Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Three hours left to cut Kendricks
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-ea...kendricks-9856/

Read the fine print.

He has a big guarantee if on roster on 3/11.

Get out the scissors Don Howie!!
Joegrane
Who other than Kelce can they still reasonably cut and make the #s work under the cap?

I assume the injured players--Matthews and Brooks--are virtually untouchable at this time.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 10 2017, 09:08 PM) *
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-ea...kendricks-9856/

Read the fine print.

He has a big guarantee if on roster on 3/11.

Get out the scissors Don Howie!!
nephillymike
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 10 2017, 11:21 PM) *
Who other than Kelce can they still reasonably cut and make the #s work under the cap?

Mathews on a cut after healthy or an injury settlement. Not sure how that works. If they cut him while injured, they'd still save some.

I don't know if it's 12:01 AM on 3/11 or 11:59 PM on 3/11, but I'm worried.

The dude played 20% of the snaps. this is as no brainer as it gets.

Howie scoffed at the idea in today's audio of them cutting Kelce.
Joegrane
OTC is showing the Eagles under the cap by $3mil and show Jeffries and Smith in the list!

If so, then why not keep Kendricks? Hicks has a history of being injury-prone.

I suppose they'll be able to clear the degree of additional cap space Lurie seems to like by eventually cutting Matthews.

I agree, the situation on the O Line is strange. there are going to be quite a few unhappy interior linemen.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 10 2017, 11:35 PM) *
Mathews on a cut after healthy or an injury settlement. Not sure how that works. If they cut him while injured, they'd still save some.

I don't know if it's 12:01 AM on 3/11 or 11:59 PM on 3/11, but I'm worried.

The dude played 20% of the snaps. this is as no brainer as it gets.

Howie scoffed at the idea in today's audio of them cutting Kelce.

Eyrie
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 11 2017, 05:12 AM) *
OTC is showing the Eagles under the cap by $3mil and show Jeffries and Smith in the list!

If so, then why not keep Kendricks? Hicks has a history of being injury-prone.

I suppose they'll be able to clear the degree of additional cap space Lurie seems to like by eventually cutting Matthews.

I agree, the situation on the O Line is strange. there are going to be quite a few unhappy interior linemen.

Warmack, Wizniewski, Seumalo and Vaitai are very good depth, so trading Kelce is still a possibility if we get a decent offer (probably a fifth, although I'd love a fourth if we add our seventh). By the sound of it we have the cap room to keep him if we want.

nephillymike
http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphia-eagl...deadline-passes

I can't believe this!

We lose the ability to step up the cap savings with declaring him. June 1st cut.

If they couldn't get a 5th for him.

Howie the cap man is no dummy.

There must be something in the works.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.