Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I am a little annoyed
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Still no cuts.

Could they perhaps keep all the guys we assume they're cutting and shop in the Randle/Givens aisle of free agent failure.

BTW, PST had Howie's hits and misses of FA.

Does anyone remember OL Demetress Bell, FA acquisition failure of 2012?

I don't. I have to look him up.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 8 2017, 08:55 PM) *
Still no cuts.

Could they perhaps keep all the guys we assume they're cutting and shop in the Randle/Givens aisle of free agent failure.

Bell was the guy they signed when Peters tore his achilles
Joegrane
I'll be very surprised if Howie keeps everyone under contract and does not get at least an average FA WR eg, K Britt.

He'll be adding at least 6 rookies to the active roster and there might be someone on last year's PS that makes the active roster. Also there is 2016 7th rounder, LB J Walker coming off IR.

Does he even have those roster spots free for the 7 or 8 players above?

However, even if Barwin takes a pay cut, I think Howie would still struggle to have enough cap to sign one average FA WR, a low end FA CB, restricted FA TE T Burton, maybe one other UFA LB/ST B Braman, and have a few mil cap headroom, correct?

This is an interesting bit of data:

"As for Mychal Kendricks, cutting him would save $1.8 million in cap space. If they designate him as a post-June 1 cut, they would save $5 million, but would need to carry his full cap number until June 1. "
http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphia-eagl...ny-britt-eagles

So Howie could do FA deals up to the cap limit and let the "post June 1" cutting of Kendricks provide cap headroom.

Some say Garcon could get 11mil$ from SF!

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 8 2017, 08:55 PM) *
Still no cuts.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.