Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another thought on Cooks and cap
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Roseman got the Saints to trade Sproles for a 5th. Is that relevant? Mickey Loomis, Saints GM is apparently also head of basketball operations for the Pelicans.

Vinny Curry performed well as a part timer but has been underwhelming as a starter. Would Curry, Kendricks and a fourth for Cooks get it done ... maybe add a four next year? Trade for Cooks, sign a CB and a second tier WR and go defense in the draft? Trade Daniel to the Jets for their compensatory 107 and sign Foles.

Clear $8.8 mil of cap and get their #1 WR with an extension. Foles shouldn't cost much, Mathews will eventually add another $4 mil to the cap, Barbre another $2.1 and Barwin $7.75. Cap increases from $8.7 to almost $30 before extensions and FA. When does the $7.9 mil 2016 rollover come in, or has it already?

Too early to be drinking.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 6 2017, 07:15 AM) *
Roseman got the Saints to trade Sproles for a 5th. Is that relevant? Mickey Loomis, Saints GM is apparently also head of basketball operations for the Pelicans.

Vinny Curry performed well as a part timer but has been underwhelming as a starter. Would Curry, Kendricks and a fourth for Cooks get it done ... maybe add a four next year? Trade for Cooks, sign a CB and a second tier WR and go defense in the draft? Trade Daniel to the Jets for their compensatory 107 and sign Foles.

Clear $8.8 mil of cap and get their #1 WR with an extension. Foles shouldn't cost much, Mathews will eventually add another $4 mil to the cap, Barbre another $2.1 and Barwin $7.75. Cap increases from $8.7 to almost $30 before extensions and FA. When does the $7.9 mil 2016 rollover come in, or has it already?

The 7.9 is moot because they are already carrying 7 in dead money. If Curry was underwhelming as a starter what would make you think the Saints would want to take on that contract? They already have been reported turning down a trade for the last pick in the first round....I highly doubt 2 of our scraps and a fourth get it done.
Birdwatcher

I saw somewhere, sorry I don't remember where, that Cooks has great numbers indoors, but his stats look very pedestrian when playing outdoors. The Linc ain't the Superdome and I am not so sure he will be all that, and given they are looking for a mid first, fugg it.
Pila
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Mar 6 2017, 03:57 PM) *
I saw somewhere, sorry I don't remember where, that Cooks has great numbers indoors, but his stats look very pedestrian when playing outdoors. The Linc ain't the Superdome and I am not so sure he will be all that, and given they are looking for a mid first, fugg it.

I'd attribute that to the QB more than the receiver.
Joegrane
Wasn't that back when the saints were up against the cap and unloading?

I bet they feel that they are going to loose Cook in two years because they'll be starting a rookie QB. Instead they can use Cook to move up--with the help of TENN--so they can get the QB they really like.

nephillymike
No.

Currys trade value is a 5th at most. That contract is 2nd only to Daniel's in laughability.

Kedricks a 4th at most.

So it's basically two 4ths and a 5th for Cooks with more cap space being needed by NO.

I don't think that's close.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.