Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This week is a funny feeling
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I have the mixed emotions roller coaster of these two feelings:

1. I have the utmost confidence that Howie will be able to wheel and deal and move up and down the board, maybe make a trade or two or three to move some people out and get us some new NFL players in the trades

BUT

2. I have zero confidence in his ability to pick the right guy!!

Trade down on draft day and get another pick and then some people go off the board and you....................................

Draft Marcus Smith, yes the 85th best prospect Marcus Smith.

Or draft a Danny Watkins, a round earlier.

So hopefully he wheels and deals and gets us Cooks for not too much, at least that's a good start.

Diddy was saying today that one year, he had no idea why Howie was picking who he picked. Then after the draft, Diddy was looking and noticed that the guys he drafted were all workout warriors from the combine.

Hopefully Howie learned his lessens.

Anyone else share these feelings?
GroundedBird
The good news is that we need DBs and that area is so deep that it's pretty close to shooting fish in a barrel
Zero
I am encouraged that the team seems to have hired a solid personnel evaluator and that it appears that Roseman will defer to him on talent, only to make final determination between solid pick A and solid pick B.

I remain in OptiHeaven.
The Franchise
Our last good draft was 2012, and before that 2009. You can say last year's draft was a success, but only because of Wentz, who was projected to be among the first few picks. Howie just got us there to grab him, which you acknowledge.

I share your feelings - he can get us some good deals, but the bottom line is he isn't a football guy. If he just takes the best WR available at #14, assuming we don't pick one up in the next few weeks, I'll be happy. Otherwise I'm not expecting much.
Joegrane
It takes a few years to evaluate a draft but last year looks encouraging. In addition to Wentz, who could develop into an above average QB, they appear to have selected solid backups at RB, OT, and CB in the mid to late rounds. If Seumalo develops into an average starting OG/OC it will definitely be a good draft.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Mar 5 2017, 07:42 PM) *
Our last good draft was 2012, and before that 2009. You can say last year's draft was a success, but only because of Wentz, who was projected to be among the first few picks. Howie just got us there to grab him, which you acknowledge.

I share your feelings - he can get us some good deals, but the bottom line is he isn't a football guy. If he just takes the best WR available at #14, assuming we don't pick one up in the next few weeks, I'll be happy. Otherwise I'm not expecting much.

Zero
Only guessing here, but I'm thinking the Eagles make a run at Pryor and Gilmore then backfill later in FA with players who will be depth, STs or who either have skeletons or have overpriced themselves like Wiz did last year. Pryor is a safer version of Jeffrey with more upside and Gilmore has played well and knows Schwartz's system. Both fill dramatic needs and help set the team up for BPA. I think Cooks is out for us and Matthews has bonded somewhat with Wentz so will stick for another year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.