Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yo D Rock
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
This assumes we get the LAL pick too. If we only have one, and it's not top three, then it's Monk for me.

I'm warming up to Tatum.

If we can make do with Bayless and McConnell at the point,

would you go Monk & Tatum if we got the two picks?

How about Monk and Markissen (sp?)?

I would be OK with Monk and Isaac, but I'm thinking maybe Tatum would be the better player after Monk. He's been playing really well.

Thoughts?
HobbEs
What if Simmons is your point? Who would fit best in a lineup of Embiid, Saric and Simmons?
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 5 2017, 08:54 PM) *
If we only have one, and it's not top three, then it's Monk for me.

100% agreed.
I'm warming up to Tatum.

Not me. Especially after Jason Anderson's arrival. Tatum is not a good enough shooter and too low a ceiling. He strikes me as a slightly more explosive Anderson-like guy.
If we can make do with Bayless and McConnell at the point,

Simmons is the point. TJ the backup. Bayless is more a combo guard and can backup the 2 and be a secondary ball handler.
would you go Monk & Tatum if we got the two picks?

Love Monk. Don't love Tatum. I still prefer Isaac by a BIG margin because of his positional versatility.
How about Monk and Markissen (sp?)?

I'd be good with that.
I would be OK with Monk and Isaac, but I'm thinking maybe Tatum would be the better player after Monk. He's been playing really well.

Tatum's floor might be higher than some of the other guys, but his ceiling is lower IMO. The last thing we need is a guy who struggles to shoot the ball.

D Rock
More and more, I'm looking at Markkanan if we get a 2nd lottery pick.

We saw how good Joel looked with Ersan as a 4 who could stretch the floor. Markkanan would be a better version of Ilyasova. (defensively at least)
nephillymike
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Mar 6 2017, 09:12 AM) *
What if Simmons is your point? Who would fit best in a lineup of Embiid, Saric and Simmons?

Shooters.

B/C Simmons isn't a jump shooter.

If he's going to play the point on O and the PF on D, you need two guys who can shoot on O and play D vs the 1 and 2.

Monk for sure.

D says Isaac, I'm leaning Tatum if we get the LAL pick.
nephillymike
Check out this comparison

http://www.tankathon.com/players/compare?p...k--jayson-tatum

D Rock
Isaac is both a better shooter and defender than Tatum. His ceiling is miles higher too.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.