Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Allen Barbre given permission to seek a trade
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
This means he's on the way out the door.

Do we lose Kelce, Barbre and Wiz?

Doesn't seem to make sense.

Maybe he wants a raise and we aren't giving him one and they said seek a better deal.

Not sure.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 4 2017, 12:16 PM) *
This means he's on the way out the door.

Do we lose Kelce, Barbre and Wiz?

Doesn't seem to make sense.

Maybe he wants a raise and we aren't giving him one and they said seek a better deal.

Not sure.
Maybe Wiz stays.
GroundedBird
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 4 2017, 01:04 PM) *
Maybe Wiz stays.

I read somewhere (but can't recall where) that Barbre had one of the higher grades for guards. I didn't notice it. I thought Wiz played better. I think Wiz is younger too.
nephillymike
I initially wasn't a fan of his, but I thought he played pretty well, better than average.
GroundedBird
Barbre is 33.

I think we need to get younger there.
Eyrie
My guess would be that means Kelce stays, Seumalo slots in at LG and the team has confidence in Vaitai as our third T.

Only problem is what we will get for Barbre - a 32 year old G/T might get a fifth if we're lucky and more likely a sixth. However a trade would also provide a $2m cap saving.
Joegrane
I agree with you.

Maybe they are not yet comfortable with Sumalo at C but think he can be okay at G.

Having a veteran C calling protections in front of a young QB must be helpful. It would also give Seumalo a year experience hearing those calls.

If Barbre goes, I bet they use a mid to high pick for a G or maybe G/T.

I don't expect hardly any compensation in a trade. The receiving team might be paying more than they would in free agency and the eagles will likely be clearing more cap space by trading rather than releasing.

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 4 2017, 02:15 PM) *
My guess would be that means Kelce stays, Seumalo slots in at LG and the team has confidence in Vaitai as our third T.

Only problem is what we will get for Barbre - a 32 year old G/T might get a fifth if we're lucky and more likely a sixth. However a trade would also provide a $2m cap saving.
nephillymike
Nobody was more harmful to Wentz than Kelce who got blown up time and time again and making the rookie get in the habit of NOT stepping into the throws b/c Kelce is in his lap.

And then there were those snaps......

Big mistake keeping Kelce and giving up on Wiz and Barbre IMO.
Joegrane
Maybe you are right in your conclusion; however maybe he is really good at calling those protections.

They voted him one of the best in the league for some reason.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 4 2017, 03:43 PM) *
Nobody was more harmful to Wentz than Kelce who got blown up time and time again and making the rookie get in the habit of NOT stepping into the throws b/c Kelce is in his lap.

And then there were those snaps......

Big mistake keeping Kelce and giving up on Wiz and Barbre IMO.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.