Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roseman says BPA
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Let's say the Eagles are sitting there at 14 when it's their turn and the highest rated player on their board is a LB, RB or DE but there are still players at higher PON but have lower grades? Is he a trader or does he go BPA?
"
Let's not miss on guys we have a third round grade on in the sixth round because there is a particular position that we need," Roseman, the Eagle VP of player personnel said

"We are not going to take a position in the draft just because of need," Roseman continued. "It has to do with having a young quarterback and building around him. What looks like a need today could change. We have to get the best player available."
Here ...
nephillymike
In order to do this the correct way, you need to use FA to address your biggest needs.

So we need 4 total WR/CB/RB in FA, and then and only then, can we do BPA.

Think of it this way. If we don't address the above in FA and we get to the draft. and we do BPA in the first three rounds and that turns out to be a OT, QB, FS and we still have no CB or WR then we're screwed.

You go BPA in a position of need.

Howie's BPA preach holds no water, unless we address needs in FA.
Eyrie
We have sufficient PONs that the BPA approach makes no difference.

Give me a WR (Cook?) and a CB in FA, plus some depth.

In the draft we then need a WR, CB, RB and depth.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 4 2017, 08:40 AM) *
Let's say the Eagles are sitting there at 14 when it's their turn and the highest rated player on their board is a LB, RB or DE but there are still players at higher PON but have lower grades? Is he a trader or does he go BPA?
"Here ...

The only way I go with BPA is if he is a PON, or if I can turn him into a PON via trade, etc...
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 4 2017, 10:13 AM) *
In order to do this the correct way, you need to use FA to address your biggest needs.

Precisely.

You need a #1 WR, whether through FA or the draft. After that, whatever.
Zero
I just read something that says Terrelle Pryor has a man crush for Wentz. In a football wet dream, Pryor and Cooks would give the Eagles the chance to load up on CBs in a CB rich draft.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.