Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jamaal Charles rumors
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
This isn't a stellar list of RBs, IMO.
Barner, Kenjon,5-9, 195, 27
Marshall, 5-9, 201, 23
Mathews, 6-0, 220 ,29
Smallwood, 5-10, 208, 23
Sproles, 5-6, 190, 33
Watson, 6-1, 240, 23
Sproles has said this will be his last year so Marshall may be viewed as his potential replacement. Barner is 27 and just meh. Mathews is almost certainly gone, Smallwood showed some promise but is still a ? and probably best suited as a complimentary back. Watson is probably PS or cut.

Marshall, Smallwood, Sproles and probably a rookie. Focus on Wentz's development also means a RB who can pass protect. Marshall and Smallwood are both still learning that and a rookie will probably be in the same boat.

If the price is right, do we look at Charles? <--- Linc
Eyrie
We need someone to fill the role of the bigger back and workhorse, which could be a veteran FA on only a 2-3 year deal because those guys have a lot of mileage. As a result I'd lean towards using our third round pick rather than FA.

I'm slightly surprised that there hasn't been any word on releasing Mathews yet. I'd be surprised if we can get much in a trade, yet don't see us keeping him because Pederson clearly didn't trust him in the fourth quarter of games.
Joegrane
Aren't the Eagles limited in what they can do about Matthews because he was injured? I would not be surprised to see him in camp this Summer because of that. Due to their cap situation we may have Matthews back next year as that "big back"

That may be why the Eagles are looking to trade for someone young and inexpensive like Cooks. They just don't have many good options for clearing cap space.

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 4 2017, 11:05 AM) *
We need someone to fill the role of the bigger back and workhorse, which could be a veteran FA on only a 2-3 year deal because those guys have a lot of mileage. As a result I'd lean towards using our third round pick rather than FA.

I'm slightly surprised that there hasn't been any word on releasing Mathews yet. I'd be surprised if we can get much in a trade, yet don't see us keeping him because Pederson clearly didn't trust him in the fourth quarter of games.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.