Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is the most, in picks, that you would trade for Cooks?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I list only this year picks only.

I think everyone would trade a player to lessen the draft picks we have to give up, but I thought it realistic to do current picks only.
Zero
NO needs to strengthen their D before Brees retires. Would they be interested in players like Kendricks and Barwin? Would you make a one-for-one trade, Hicks for Cooks? I don't think I would, but Hicks has had injury issues, and Douglas' history with WR evaluation hasn't been nearly as good as LBs.

I said this year's 2nd and this year's higher 4th, but I think it can be done for less. They don't need Cooks as much as they need defense and Roseman is a horse trader.
Eyrie
I opted for only this year's second because the Saints have plenty of options at WR.

In practice I'd toss in Barwin rather than another pick, and would be delighted to get Cooks for our third and fourth or third and Kendricks.
Joegrane
I would not be surprised if it is a 2nd this year and something more next year depending on performance.

Do you sign him without an extension deal?

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 4 2017, 06:49 AM) *
I list only this year picks only.

I think everyone would trade a player to lessen the draft picks we have to give up, but I thought it realistic to do current picks only.
SAM I Am
I went with the majority here. If you can call 3 to 1 to 1 a majority tongue.gif

We are in desperate need of a young, quality WR that can grow along with Wentz, but I am not about to giveaway this year's 1st, or this year's 2nd and 3rd to get him.

Edited immediately after I originally posted to take into account another brilliant voter who joined our majority to make it 4 to 1 to 1.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 4 2017, 11:21 AM) *
I would not be surprised if it is a 2nd this year and something more next year depending on performance.

Do you sign him without an extension deal?

Yes.

He's cheap this year, $8M for one year pick up of his 5th year option, so we have him for two. If it works out rosy this year, maybe you extend him before his 5th year option.
Zero
I doubt the Eagles would complete a trade without an agreement on an extension.
Joegrane
If I have to give up a 2nd plus performance based 3rd or 4th next year I'd want Cooks to sign an extension of at least one year. It would say to me that he likes what he sees here and is inclined to stay if $ is right.

Also by doing an extension, Howie could back-load $, freeing up even more cap for this coming season.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 4 2017, 12:30 PM) *
Yes.

He's cheap this year, $8M for one year pick up of his 5th year option, so we have him for two. If it works out rosy this year, maybe you extend him before his 5th year option.

Zero

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.