Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Titans, Eagles talking to Saints about trading for Brandin Cooks
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
Officially, the Saints say they’re planning to keep receiver Brandin Cooks. But trade talks are ongoing.

The Titans and Eagles are both interested in acquiring Cooks in a trade with the Saints, Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports.

Linc of Lies
nephillymike
I have interest.

I'd give a 2nd for him.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 2 2017, 07:40 PM) *
I have interest.

I'd give a 2nd for him.

If Cooks were coming out in the draft where would he be taken, and what is his value to the offense?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 2 2017, 08:03 PM) *
If Cooks were coming out in the draft where would he be taken, and what is his value to the offense?

Talent wise, a mid first.

What devalues him, is he only has two years left at rookie contract prices.

FMV is a low first or high second.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 2 2017, 08:09 PM) *
Talent wise, a mid first.

What devalues him, is he only has two years left at rookie contract prices.

FMV is a low first or high second.

And his value to Wentz and the offense? And, is he a better risk than a WR at 15?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 2 2017, 08:43 PM) *
And his value to Wentz and the offense? And, is he a better risk than a WR at 15?

He is less risky than a pick, but his risk increases because you risk losing him after two years.

Zero
Value to Wentz vs rookie value to Wentz?
Joegrane
He is also valuable because he is still making rookie $. It would allow Howie to target a better FA CB or veteran RB, maybe keep B Logan.

Maybe J Lurie thinks if he can get an experienced WR in a trade for a 2nd rounder, pick up an average FA CB, a CB in round 1 and a veteran RB he can make the playoffs before loosing some impact veterans due to age--Sproles, Peters, Kelce, Barbre.

Trading for a "can't miss" but young WR might feel safer to Lurie than rolling the dice with a draft pick such as the pick for N Aghlor.

I have not seen enough of Cooks to have an opinion on his value or fit with the Eagles.

Why would NO be willing to move him?

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 2 2017, 07:40 PM) *
I have interest.

I'd give a 2nd for him.

D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 3 2017, 12:40 AM) *
I have interest.

I'd give a 2nd for him.

I thought we didn't have a 2nd.
Pila
Cooks is a very good player. His only negative is his size. But he has top end speed like Desean, but tougher, both physically and as courage to go inside into killer alley.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 3 2017, 10:05 AM) *
He is also valuable because he is still making rookie $. It would allow Howie to target a better FA CB or veteran RB, maybe keep B Logan.

Maybe J Lurie thinks if he can get an experienced WR in a trade for a 2nd rounder, pick up an average FA CB, a CB in round 1 and a veteran RB he can make the playoffs before loosing some impact veterans due to age--Sproles, Peters, Kelce, Barbre.

Trading for a "can't miss" but young WR might feel safer to Lurie than rolling the dice with a draft pick such as the pick for N Aghlor.

I have not seen enough of Cooks to have an opinion on his value or fit with the Eagles.

Why would NO be willing to move him?

except he only has 2 years left on his contract which means you are giving up valuable assets to get a guy who will cost a fortune if he succeeds so his rookie dollars are not much of a factor.....the fact that he only has 2 years left depresses his value. Also, D is right, we have no 2nd round pick
GroundedBird
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 3 2017, 01:02 PM) *
except he only has 2 years left on his contract which means you are giving up valuable assets to get a guy who will cost a fortune if he succeeds so his rookie dollars are not much of a factor.....the fact that he only has 2 years left depresses his value. Also, D is right, we have no 2nd round pick

we have no second round pick in next year's draft ->link
GroundedBird
So if the Eagles get Cooks for a #2. What should they do with their #1?

I'm thinking if Dalvin Cook isn't available, then it's CB.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Mar 3 2017, 01:18 PM) *
we have no second round pick in next year's draft ->link

Ummmm....that is what I said....lol
Reality Fan
QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Mar 3 2017, 01:33 PM) *
So if the Eagles get Cooks for a #2. What should they do with their #1?

I'm thinking if Dalvin Cook isn't available, then it's CB.

we....have....no...2nd round pick.......so we won't get Cooks for it.....in this draft if one ofr the 3 WRs are there I take them and get my RB and corners in later rounds...there is great depth in those 2 spots
D Rock
They're defense has been SO bad for SO long, perhaps we can include Barwin and/or Kendricks in a package.

Eyrie
We have #43 in this year's second round, which I'd trade for Cooks.

Eagle2720
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 3 2017, 02:28 PM) *
we....have....no...2nd round pick.......so we won't get Cooks for it.....in this draft if one ofr the 3 WRs are there I take them and get my RB and corners in later rounds...there is great depth in those 2 spots

We have a 2nd round pick this year, which can be used in a possible trade for Cooks...
Zero
QUOTE (D Rock @ Mar 3 2017, 11:17 AM) *
I thought we didn't have a 2nd.

2018 2nd to Cleveland.
Zero
QUOTE (Pila @ Mar 3 2017, 11:59 AM) *
Cooks is a very good player. His only negative is his size. But he has top end speed like Desean, but tougher, both physically and as courage to go inside into killer alley.

He's listed at 5'10", 185, throwback size, runs 4.33. According to Bobby Hebert, Saints color man, apparently he's not a fan of contact but has good hands and is supposed to be great in the locker room.

5'11", 194, 4.43 ... not to compare him to a certain Giants WR.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 3 2017, 02:28 PM) *
1st - No. 14 (from the Minnesota Vikings)
2nd - No. 43
3rd - No. 74
4th - No. 119
4th - No. 139 (from the Cleveland Browns)
5th - No. 155
6th - No. 194
7th - No. 230
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 3 2017, 01:02 PM) *

biggrin.gif

You and D, both wrong in the same thread!

Bwah.

You guys both having a martini lunch?
Zero
This draft is supposed to be very deep in CBs. What could the Eagles expect to get if they were to trade #14 to a 2016 playoff team? Could they recover a #2 if that's what they pay for Cooks, draft a solid CB and still have a late #2?
Eagle2720
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 3 2017, 07:42 PM) *
This draft is supposed to be very deep in CBs. What could the Eagles expect to get if they were to trade #14 to a 2016 playoff team? Could they recover a #2 if that's what they pay for Cooks, draft a solid CB and still have a late #2?

That would be my dream scenario. I feel like Sidney Jones would still be available between maybe 15-25, if we were able to trade back there, get another 2nd/3rd/4th or combination of the three that would be awesome.
Joegrane
Sure that would be nice but everyone else knows who you are going to pick. Someone else might trade up because they know who you want.

The eagles have a couple of big holes and nice opportunity to fill one of them in Round 1. I'd rather they "reach" 10 picks or so to get "their guy."

Recall the year they picked Marcus Smith 2014. The Eagles were slotted at #22. WR Brandon Cooks and S HHC Dix were selected at 20 and 21. The Eagles traded down to 26. Some think they expected DE D Ford--10 sacks in 2016-- to be there at 26; however KC picked him @23. The Eagles ended up with Smith plus I think CB/S Jaylen Watkins at the top of round 4.

QUOTE (Eagle2720 @ Mar 3 2017, 08:27 PM) *
That would be my dream scenario. I feel like Sidney Jones would still be available between maybe 15-25, if we were able to trade back there, get another 2nd/3rd/4th or combination of the three that would be awesome.

Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 4 2017, 12:18 AM) *
biggrin.gif

Bwah.

To quote from another thread .... crickets laugh.gif
Zero
Just saw this:
The New Orleans Times-Picayune reports the Saints turned down a package that included the Patriots' No. 32 overall pick for Brandin Cooks.
Linc ...
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 4 2017, 09:05 PM) *
Just saw this:
Linc ...

That's not good.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 3 2017, 07:18 PM) *
biggrin.gif

Bwah.

I guess I should have looked again....such is life.....I was wrong....that is what I get for not double checking
GroundedBird
So... the big question is... do we spend our #1 on Cooks?
Joegrane
Maybe the Saints are trying to pull a "Howie" this year like we did last. The Titans have #5 pick. Maybe the Saints want to swap picks in the 1st round to get to a QB. Maybe they are just using the Eagles to get what they want from the Titans.
http://www.csnphilly.com/the700level/ratin...r-brandin-cooks

Just saw this: The New Orleans Times-Picayune reports the Saints turned down a package that included the Patriots' No. 32 overall pick for Brandin Cooks.
Linc ...

nephillymike
QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Mar 5 2017, 01:49 PM) *
So... the big question is... do we spend our #1 on Cooks?

That's a tough one for me.

I already mentioned in the poll that the highest I'd go is a 2nd and a 3rd.

Our #14 first is worth way more than NE's #32. IF I could be convinced to give up the 14th pick, maybe, just maybe, I'd give the 14th pick and our 3rd for Cooks and their 2nd. That should discount the mid first to a low first, but still more draft trade value than NE's #32. I am not sure I'd do that, but I'd think about it. So instead of having the 14th pick and our 2nd and our 3rd, we'd get Cooks, NO 2nd and our 2nd, and no 3rd. I'm not sure, but I'd think about it.
GroundedBird
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 3 2017, 07:42 PM) *

If one of the QBs is still there when the Eagles pick, Houston might be a good trading partner. Apparently they are desperate for a QB. According to the value chart, to get the Eagles #14, Houston would have to give up it's #1 and #2.

Bouncing back to the #25, we might still pick up a WR (if it's not used on Cooks). That would leave two #2 picks (DBs?), a #3 (RB?/WR - I Really like Zay Jones who ran a 4.45) and two #4s to restock
GroundedBird
Just saw this:
Linc ...

part of the offer was swapping picks. I assume this means that the Pats would send their #32 to NO for Cooks and draft picks (obviously none of the picks would be in the first round).

SO, that means that it wasn't a true first round pick for Cooks.

link
nephillymike
QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Mar 7 2017, 11:40 AM) *
part of the offer was swapping picks. I assume this means that the Pats would send their #32 to NO for Cooks and draft picks (obviously none of the picks would be in the first round).

SO, that means that it wasn't a true first round pick for Cooks.

link

That's completely different. Our 2nd and 3rd could be more draft value points than NE #32 less a take back of picks. Almost certainly would be.

So maybe we're still in this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.