Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 11 days
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Free Agency is coming and despite all this Sixer talk I'm still thinking about the Eagles - this is still an Eagles board, I think. wink.gif Anyway, the draft is still a big focus and I came across this 4 round mock from Walter:
Rd. 1, Pk. 15 Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
Rd. 2, Pk. 11 Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina
Rd. 3, Pk. 10 Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo
Rd. 4, Pk. 12 Damore'ea Stringefellow, WR, Ole Miss
Rd. 4, Pk. 32 Dorian Johnson, G, Pittsburgh
nephillymike
NFL draft talk is a little premature as what we do in FA will direct where we go in the draft.

I am still looking for the following to happen soon:

Cut or trade Kelce, Barwin and Kendricks.
Cut R. Mathews

Then I go shopping for 4 of these 5 FA's

2 WR
1 CB
1 RB
1 OL depth/poss starter

As far a Logan goes, if he comes at a reasonable price, OK, else his fate was sealed when we signed Cox.

I expect some cuts and resigns to happen in the next 10 days will shape up the FA board. Maybe at the end of the week it will be shaped to the point of being a reliable list from which to go shopping. I'm sharpening the pencil, getting my coupons together!!
Joegrane
I assume you meant 2 CB and 1 WR since they cut McKelvin and Carroll is a FA.

Do we know if Brooks is expected to be healthy to play slot corner by the start of training camp?

I bet they will keep DGB and NA. If they sign one FA WR, that gives them one roster spot for a mid-late round rookie WR for special teams like R Cooper.

I'd like to see them let Wiz walk and build through the draft by selecting an OG / backup OT in the 3rd or 4th round.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 26 2017, 02:37 PM) *
NFL draft talk is a little premature as what we do in FA will direct where we go in the draft.

I am still looking for the following to happen soon:

Cut or trade Kelce, Barwin and Kendricks.
Cut R. Mathews

Then I go shopping for 4 of these 5 FA's

2 WR
1 CB
1 RB
1 OL depth/poss starter

As far a Logan goes, if he comes at a reasonable price, OK, else his fate was sealed when we signed Cox.

I expect some cuts and resigns to happen in the next 10 days will shape up the FA board. Maybe at the end of the week it will be shaped to the point of being a reliable list from which to go shopping. I'm sharpening the pencil, getting my coupons together!!

nephillymike
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Feb 26 2017, 09:09 PM) *
I assume you meant 2 CB and 1 WR since they cut McKelvin and Carroll is a FA.

Do we know if Brooks is expected to be healthy to play slot corner by the start of training camp?

I bet they will keep DGB and NA. If they sign one FA WR, that gives them one roster spot for a mid-late round rookie WR for special teams like R Cooper.

I'd like to see them let Wiz walk and build through the draft by selecting an OG / backup OT in the 3rd or 4th round.

No, I meant 2 WR.

I draft a CB or two, go with Mills, Brooks, a FA not named Carroll.

WRs are critical to this young QB.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 26 2017, 09:25 PM) *
No, I meant 2 WR.

I draft a CB or two, go with Mills, Brooks, a FA not named Carroll.

WRs are critical to this young QB.

I'm thinking they load up on both positions through FA and the draft. It's not likely they cut Agholor and Mathews will either get extended or be a FA next year. They'll let DGB, go to camp with Groh and see if he improves. They need to go into the summer with a lot of potentially decent/good players who won't make the team. Competition needs to be intense at all spots but especially CB and WR.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.