Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is the expectation for return for Okafor?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
If everyone was upset at the '17 and '20 second rounders we got for Noel, I'm wondering what the expectations are for Okafor.

Given what we got for Noel, I'm thinking the same for Okafor.

I would be happy to give up a lower half second round pick and Okafor for a top 20 protected first round pick whose protection decreases every year and stays as a protected first as opposed to depreciating to multiple seconds. Anything more may be wishful thinking.

BTW, Okafor had a +/- of -9, in a win. R. Holmes played more minutes than he did.

Back to Noel, why not make him a qualifying offer to make him a restricted free agent. It would cost us 125% of this year's salary, but would give us the right to match. He could accept it and play a year under the terms and be unrestricted after next year. Or, he could reject it and he becomes an unrestricted free agent, which still gives us the right to match.

Stop right there.

Say we're are not really interested, the fact that we made a qualifying offer would fein interest and up the ante for a trade, no?

That seems like a decent road to go.

What am I missing?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 25 2017, 03:32 PM) *
If everyone was upset at the '17 and '20 second rounders we got for Noel, I'm wondering what the expectations are for Okafor.

Given what we got for Noel, I'm thinking the same for Okafor.

I would be happy to give up a lower half second round pick and Okafor for a top 20 protected first round pick whose protection decreases every year and stays as a protected first as opposed to depreciating to multiple seconds. Anything more may be wishful thinking.

BTW, Okafor had a +/- of -9, in a win. R. Holmes played more minutes than he did.

Back to Noel, why not make him a qualifying offer to make him a restricted free agent. It would cost us 125% of this year's salary, but would give us the right to match. He could accept it and play a year under the terms and be unrestricted after next year. Or, he could reject it and he becomes an unrestricted free agent, which still gives us the right to match.

Stop right there.

Say we're are not really interested, the fact that we made a qualifying offer would fein interest and up the ante for a trade, no?

That seems like a decent road to go.

What am I missing?

What you are missing is that it is not a well kept secret that Noel will get an offer in the teens next year.....so you offer him a 6 million dollar qualifier.....wondeful.....and then he gets an offer for 15 per and you get absolutely nothing in return. You seem to make the assumption that a sign and trade is an option but in Noel's case it isn't, he will be pursued and his contract status and impending RFA as it stands in the NBA precludes teams from offering much for him....they can just wait....they know the Sixers have too many centers and can't keep him.
D Rock
Noel is worth 16 mil annually as our #2 center. Understanding that Joel will never play 38 mins a game, and is still requiring of some insurance at the position. . .

To answer Mikey's question...

I don't give a rat's ass about what we get in return for Jah. I just want his no-defense, no-rebounding ass gone.

It was a bad pick, forced on us by those pesky lottery balls. Cut your losses and move on. To respond by pissing away a top 10 defensive center is ludicrous.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 25 2017, 04:07 PM) *
What you are missing is that it is not a well kept secret that Noel will get an offer in the teens next year.....so you offer him a 6 million dollar qualifier.....wondeful.....and then he gets an offer for 15 per and you get absolutely nothing in return. You seem to make the assumption that a sign and trade is an option but in Noel's case it isn't, he will be pursued and his contract status and impending RFA as it stands in the NBA precludes teams from offering much for him....they can just wait....they know the Sixers have too many centers and can't keep him.

I'm saying that by making him a qualified offer now, and trading him at some point before next season would make a better trade return for him because we leave our options open and those wanting him would have to ante up a little more.

His offers could be for less than you expect.

No chance of netting us better offers?
nephillymike
After last nights embarrassing lack of effort, I don't think we can expect more than one second. Maybe we don't have to eat as much dead salary dump.

For all of the Hinkieites, does St. Sam get any blame for picking this piece of shit player at # 3?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 2 2017, 08:14 PM) *
After last nights embarrassing lack of effort, I don't think we can expect more than one second. Maybe we don't have to eat as much dead salary dump.

For all of the Hinkieites, does St. Sam get any blame for picking this piece of shit player at # 3?

I was amazed watching him last night....he literally does nothing on the defensive end...it was embarrassing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.