Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brian Colangelo Press Conference
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.nba.com/sixers/?hp=1&ls=ire...xp:returnbutton

It's long, but explains a lot.

He seems comfortable.
D Rock
Why wouldn't he be comfortable?

He got handed the easiest job in the association. No accountability. Old money. And a tanning bed appointment, straight after.

nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 25 2017, 11:18 AM) *
Why wouldn't he be comfortable?

He got handed the easiest job in the association. No accountability. Old money. And a tanning bed appointment, straight after.

Did you listen to it?

I'd be interested in your comments.

It's about 45 minutes long though.
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 25 2017, 04:31 PM) *
Did you listen to it?

I'd be interested in your comments.

It's about 45 minutes long though.

I listened to some of it.

With all the double speak and lack of transparency about Jojo and Ben, I'm finding him difficult to take at his word.

nephillymike
I was ready to get all riled up, but frankly, he seemed to makes sense.

If nobody was offering more for either of the centers, do you think he should have not traded him and wait till the draft?

Without knowing about Embiid's health, I don't think you can do a trade before now.
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 25 2017, 09:38 PM) *
I was ready to get all riled up, but frankly, he seemed to makes sense.

If nobody was offering more for either of the centers, do you think he should have not traded him and wait till the draft?

Without knowing about Embiid's health, I don't think you can do a trade before now.

Embiid's health is key. Noel would be preferable insurance.

Ultimately Okafor is dog poop. I would have let him go for a cheese steak.

Noel is a top 10 defensive center and only getting better. All the data tells a story of a player who really came into his own after a rocky start to this season. His value (to us, as well as others) was only going to rise. Holding onto Okafor made absolutely no sense.

As I said, no move was the best move, all things considered. The move was bad, but the optics are even worse.

Okafor had a chance last night to prove me wrong. What did he do? Went for 11 points and 2 (TWO) boards as a starting NBA center. His counter part, Gortat (who is NOTHING) went for 11 points and 11 boards. Proof is in the pudding.

I wished Nerlens would have played last night, but alas....

There is really no way to pretend this move makes sense on any level. It was a panic move. Making a move just to make a move. He sent away a top 10 defensive center in return for garbage, and kept our own garbage. Then he comes out from his hole and tries to sell us on "the future is closer than you realize."

Oh goodie. A future of 6-8 seed and easy first round out.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.