Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Should I Trust "The Process"
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
A guy asked me this in work today.

I didn't have an answer.

So, Hinkie is hired in May 2013, to tank like we never tanked before.

He drafts MCW at #11. Wins rookie of the year, but doesn't fit the process.

He trades Holiday for Noel, the 6th pick. Just found out today that he doesn't fit the process.

Traded Thad Young for what turned into TLC in this year's draft.

With the benefit of tanking, we got the third pick, we got the chance to draft Embiid because he was injured. He looks like the real deal. But he looks like his career will have him play in 60% of the games.

We get Saric with a draft day trade of our 10th pick and he looks like he is good enough to be the 8th man on a top four team. We haven't determined him unfit for the process. Yet!

With some more tanking, we get the 3rd pick again and draft Okafor. He doesn't fit the process either.

With the tank of all tanks, we get to draft Simmons with the 1st pick. His play in college doesn't justify his lofty draft status, but he played really well in the Summer league games against mostly rookies, but we'll see. Looks legit.

So, we have three prizes deemed unfit.

One oft injured star.

One TBD top pick.

A mid bench player.

A few first round picks, aka more chances at picks not fit for the process.

And a shitload of 2nd round picks, and based on experience, are almost worthless.

Not feeling the process.
D Rock
The problem is that our owners allowed the league to force Hinkie out. He never got the chance to finish the job. Instead, we handed the reigns to a Douche Boy Daddy's Boy who has never shown anything beyond the ability to look like a dick in his ugly ass designer suit and tailored shirt.

You can't blame "the process." Because the team never saw it through. If I were Sam, I don't know if I'd be giggling like a school girl at watching the team unintentionally fail, or crying in my cornflakes at how they fucked up all that he'd achieved.

We were SET. But as I feared since they brought BC in, he proved to be uniquely gifted in his ability to mis-play a hand that was akin to an Aces over Kings Full-House after the flop.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 24 2017, 12:17 AM) *
The problem is that our owners allowed the league to force Hinkie out. He never got the chance to finish the job. Instead, we handed the reigns to a Douche Boy Daddy's Boy who has never shown anything beyond the ability to look like a dick in his ugly ass designer suit and tailored shirt.

You can't blame "the process." Because the team never saw it through. If I were Sam, I don't know if I'd be giggling like a school girl at watching the team unintentionally fail, or crying in my cornflakes at how they fucked up all that he'd achieved.

We were SET. But as I feared since they brought BC in, he proved to be uniquely gifted in his ability to mis-play a hand that was akin to an Aces over Kings Full-House after the flop.

Now here is where I scratch my head.....whether or not he was hired by his dad, imagine that, a father hiring his son to work for a business he owns, he still ended up being GM of the year there and explain Toronto, where he won that honor again. His dad didn't own the Raptors. Hinke created a mess here and trying to make sense of it is/was going to take a little time. The NBA did not force out Hinke, an owner with common sense did because Hinke had no clue what his own end game was. He tore the team down, I get that and agree it had to be done but his problem is he had no clue how to do anything else. He was great at amassing the bricks and lumber but had no clue how to build the house. If Hinke was such a genius he would have been sucked up by another franchise, he hasn't been. I have no idea if Colangelo is good or bad but I can't kill him because his predecessor killed his own trade market.
D Rock
Stick to your poor analysis of the NFL. Hinkie created a mess alright. A mess of valuable assets with which to build a team. Only an idiot could fuck it up, and we're watching it happen before our eyes.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 25 2017, 11:15 AM) *
Stick to your poor analysis of the NFL. Hinkie created a mess alright. A mess of valuable assets with which to build a team. Only an idiot could fuck it up, and we're watching it happen before our eyes.

I am not the nimwit who cried about a guy getting a job in his dad's company because somehow that is unheard....or the nimwit who ignored that the guy was also GM of the year in Toronto....did Jerry own them as well? In your fucked up sense of the world the fact that a guy worked for his dad precludes any proficiency he has exhibited anywhere including twice being GM of the year with 2 different teams and a wealth of highly lauded trades under his belt.

Glad to see you know as little about basketball as you do about football....it is no surprise you find drafting 3 centers with no positional flexibility a smart move....pure genius
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 25 2017, 08:07 PM) *
I am not the nimwit who cried about a guy getting a job in his dad's company because somehow that is unheard....or the nimwit who ignored that the guy was also GM of the year in Toronto....did Jerry own them as well? In your fucked up sense of the world the fact that a guy worked for his dad precludes any proficiency he has exhibited anywhere including twice being GM of the year with 2 different teams and a wealth of highly lauded trades under his belt.

Glad to see you know as little about basketball as you do about football....it is no surprise you find drafting 3 centers with no positional flexibility a smart move....pure genius

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 25 2017, 03:14 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I know....the idea that you could actually defend such idiocy is pretty funny and very telling
D Rock
No.

It was the only appropriate response to your typical "know-nothing" rant.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.