Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Eagles franchise stability
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Interesting article on the Eagles stability. I actually had forgotten that Roseman isn't the GM, he's the Executive Vice President of Football Operations.

I'm not sure I agree they were all that stable during the Reid years. There seemed to be a revolving door of personnel people working for Banner, then Roseman pulled his power move and Reid pulled his own. The top end was in flux even if the coach was stable.
After years of chaos, I think the Eagles are close to being back to ultimate stability. Wentz helps, but it’s a change in organizational philosophy as well. They’ve invested heavily in the draft, with bringing in Douglas, and I believe that Howie and Co. have learned the downsides of building through free agency. Howie is tired of band-aids and so are we.

I firmly believe that the Eagles are back on the path to stability.
Here ...
Joegrane
There were pretty stable in terms of W's and playoff appearances during the Reid years. I agree with the author's assessment on that.

I also agree with the characterization of the Eagles' current situation--average in the NFL.

I disagree with some of the others in the list at the cited site.
https://theringer.com/whats-the-most-stable...f9b3#.7vpjtnydv

Cowboys #5. They have a tough cap situation.

Saints #3. Is Brees in his 50's yet?! He has a 30mil cap hit, no?

Falcons #20. I know they lost two coordinators but they still have the SB players.

QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 20 2017, 08:42 AM) *
Interesting article on the Eagles stability. ...

I'm not sure I agree they were all that stable during the Reid years. There seemed to be a revolving door of personnel people working for Banner, then Roseman pulled his power move and Reid pulled his own. The top end was in flux even if the coach was stable.
Here ...

The Franchise
I guess the list is ok when considering it's basically just who has the same QB and coaches going into next year - of course, such criteria makes the whole list pretty stupid and pointless. I'm pretty sure the Falcons will have a chance at a title again.

The Eagles of the 2000's could be considered the hallmark of stability - win 10+ games, have a good defense, lose in the playoffs in heartbreaking fashion.
Phits
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Feb 20 2017, 06:18 PM) *
Falcons #20. I know they lost two coordinators but they still have the SB players.

Outside of the Patriots, how many SB losers (in recent memory) have gone back to the SB with the same HC and/or QB? They say getting to the SB is almost as hard as winning it. Winning a championship is a series fortune that fall to your favor; some of it is luck, most of it is preparation and execution. Once you start stripping away players, coaches and coordinators it gets more difficult, since it identifying all of the criteria required to win it all is nearly impossible.
Dreagon
You guys are pretty stable.

It's not like you're Washington, and trying to figure out how to get rid of the first decent QB you've had in over a decade.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.