Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Running Back
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I'm not excited about bringing in a vet FA RB, but there may be an argument for one. This will be Sproles' last season if we hold him to his word. I suspect Pederson will try to limit his carries some and give more to Smallwood. I'd think that Barner, Marshall and Watson will compete to be change of pace guys at most. They'll likely add a rookie to grow with Wentz and split time with Smalls. But how will the blitz p/u be if a rookie and second year player are getting the carries?
Joegrane
I think they'll add a somewhat bigger back, hopefully that will be a guy drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I'd prefer them to draft a future feature back regardless of size, for example, maybe a Shady type of dual threat RB. Then they could add a bigger back somewhat like chris Polk to be a short yardage guy and solid special teamer

QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 17 2017, 08:32 AM) *
I'm not excited about bringing in a vet FA RB, but there may be an argument for one. This will be Sproles' last season if we hold him to his word. I suspect Pederson will try to limit his carries some and give more to Smallwood. I'd think that Barner, Marshall and Watson will compete to be change of pace guys at most. They'll likely add a rookie to grow with Wentz and split time with Smalls. But how will the blitz p/u be if a rookie and second year player are getting the carries?

Eagle2720
I think it belongs in here but Wentz worked out with Agholor and FA RB Latavious Murray today. https://instagram.com/p/BQtLsqAjQpY/ (Link to the picture he posted with Wentz).

It's also been rumored that the Raiders aren't going to try very hard to retain him. Could be interesting, he's been pretty productive, nothing top 5, but middle of the pack and definitely better than who we have.
nephillymike
I wouldn't mind L. Murray. Wonder why Oak won't re-sign him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.