Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mc Kelvin Cut
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Joegrane
Eagles free up $3.2mil minus the cost of his replacement.

I'm a little surprised. I thought they might keep him to be a mentor and tutor for an outside CB selected in one of the first two rounds.

Eyrie
I'd have kept McKelvin ahead of Carroll based on their paly last season. McKelvin at least had the excuse that he wasn't healthy whilst Carroll just isn't good enough.

Rick
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 8 2017, 05:42 PM) *
I'd have kept McKelvin ahead of Carroll based on their paly last season. McKelvin at least had the excuse that he wasn't healthy whilst Carroll just isn't good enough.

My guess is Carroll will be gone as well. He's a FA this year.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 8 2017, 04:42 PM) *

I agree on this.

Also, Carroll is a FA, he could have a nibble elsewhere. McK was signed for this year I think?
Eyrie
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 9 2017, 12:43 AM) *
My guess is Carroll will be gone as well. He's a FA this year.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 9 2017, 12:44 AM) *
I agree on this.

Also, Carroll is a FA, he could have a nibble elsewhere. McK was signed for this year I think?

The was a rumour about a month back that the Eagles were going to offer Carroll a new deal which worries me.

McKelvin was contracted for 2017, although I think there is a substantial cap gain by letting him go.
Pila
Neither are a t levels that can't be replaced with younger, cheaper alternatives. On their best day, they are mediocre corners... a dime a dozen. CB is the most feasible position where instant cap relief lay so this made perfect sense to be the first move into the off-season.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.