Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What an amazing comeback
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SAM I Am
I know more than a few people on here really dislike --- okay, despise --- the Belichick/Brady duo, but they are undeniably the best HC/QB duo ever in the NFL.
Dreagon
Ugh. That is exactly why I didn't want to watch this game. I knew this would happen. Now people think that Brady is somehow the best ever when he isn't fit to carry Montana's or Unitas's jockstraps. Even as protected as today's QBs are he cries like a bitch about getting hit, when either one of the other two had to perform their heroics with defensive lineman closing in for the kill. Not to mention, todays recievers don't get near the contact that Montana's and Unitas's had. It's a whole different game.

(Christ, I sound like an angry old fart shaking my cane at clouds mad.gif )
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Feb 5 2017, 10:44 PM) *
Ugh. That is exactly why I didn't want to watch this game. I knew this would happen. Now people think that Brady is somehow the best ever when he isn't fit to carry Montana's or Unitas's jockstraps. Even as protected as today's QBs are he cries like a bitch about getting hit, when either one of the other two had to perform their heroics with defensive lineman closing in for the kill. Not to mention, todays recievers don't get near the contact that Montana's and Unitas's had. It's a whole different game.

If you watched tonight's game, you would have seen that Brady did perform his heroics with defensive lineman not just closing in for the kill, but delivering the kill on Brady tonight, hard and often. And all he did was get up off of the turf time and time again to win his 5th SB, bringing his team back from being down by 25 points, and then topping that off by driving his team downfield on their first possession in OT to win their 5th SB. Yeah, the guy couldn't carry Montana and Unitas' jock straps. Give me a fucking break.
Rick
This was all on the coaching decisions for the Falcons. They shut the offense down at the half and tried to run the clock out. Then, with the ball in FG range with an 8-point lead and <5 minutes remaining, they run two stupid pass plays, first of which resulted in a sack, second of which ended with a holding penalty to take them out of FG range. A FG there and the game is over.

I felt like I was watching Pedersen coach the 2nd half for the Falcons.

Yes, the Patriots made a crazy comeback and I'm not taking anything away from them but, with better coaching in the 2nd half, the game would have been over.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Feb 5 2017, 10:44 PM) *

Yikes....you are one of the most reasonable guys on this board but I have to really disagree with you here.....Brady is absolutely a killer and he is every bit of Montana's (who I loved) and Units' equal.....the guy is amazing.

I was at a bar with my girlfriend and I took my father and as we sat there at half time I told my dad that it will be interesting to see if the Falcons would avoid the Tiger Woods effect.....that is having a big lead but choking up when the killer is let loose in Brady just like Woods did so many times....and sure enough.

Brady is ridiculous...he is never rattled....and the Falcons clearly had the better talent.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 5 2017, 11:13 PM) *
This was all on the coaching decisions for the Falcons. They shut the offense down at the half and tried to run the clock out. Then, with the ball in FG range with an 8-point lead and <5 minutes remaining, they run two stupid pass plays, first of which resulted in a sack, second of which ended with a holding penalty to take them out of FG range. A FG there and the game is over.

Yes, the Patriots made a crazy comeback and I'm not taking anything away from them but, with better coaching in the 2nd half, the game would have been over.

We were watching and before those plays, they constantly snapped the ball with 15 to 18 seconds left on the play clock, up by 25 points. Take the clock down to five or so six times and NE runs out of time.

Horrible clock mgt there and it cost them the SB.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 5 2017, 11:09 PM) *
Yikes....you are one of the most reasonable guys on this board but I have to really disagree with you here.....Brady is absolutely a killer and he is every bit of Montana's (who I loved) and Units' equal.....the guy is amazing.

I was at a bar with my girlfriend and I took my father and as we sat there at half time I told my dad that it will be interesting to see if the Falcons would avoid the Tiger Woods effect.....that is having a big lead but choking up when the killer is let loose in Brady just like Woods did so many times....and sure enough.

Brady is ridiculous...he is never rattled....and the Falcons clearly had the better talent.

Just ignore me, I'm running high on Hatorade tonight. sad.gif
Rick
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 6 2017, 01:12 AM) *
We were watching and before those plays, they constantly snapped the ball with 15 to 18 seconds left on the play clock, up by 25 points. Take the clock down to five or so six times and NE runs out of time.

Yeah, there are so many things the Falcons did to lose that game. I mean, yes, Brady cemented himself as the greatest QB ever and Belicheat also cemented himself as the greatest coach ever with the comeback. They were totally outplayed, out coached, outworked, etc. for the first half. But they took advantage of EVERYTHING the Falcons did wrong in the 2nd half...and they HAD to. If they hadn't, the game was lost. Hats off to them.

My friend was at the party we were at. He's from Savanah originally and grew up a Falcon's fan. I can't believe how well he took this. I told him, if that were the Eagles who blew that lead in the SB, I can't even know how badly I would have been shaken. I would have certainly excused myself from the party so I didn't act an asshole. I'd be pissed/wrecked for a long time afterwards because of how badly the Falcons blew that game.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 6 2017, 05:59 AM) *
Yeah, there are so many things the Falcons did to lose that game. I mean, yes, Brady cemented himself as the greatest QB ever and Belicheat also cemented himself as the greatest coach ever with the comeback. They were totally outplayed, out coached, outworked, etc. for the first half. But they took advantage of EVERYTHING the Falcons did wrong in the 2nd half...and they HAD to. If they hadn't, the game was lost. Hats off to them.

My friend was at the party we were at. He's from Savanah originally and grew up a Falcon's fan. I can't believe how well he took this. I told him, if that were the Eagles who blew that lead in the SB, I can't even know how badly I would have been shaken. I would have certainly excused myself from the party so I didn't act an asshole. I'd be pissed/wrecked for a long time afterwards because of how badly the Falcons blew that game.

I can't imagine being a Falcons fan today.

If what they say is true, that they really aren't die hard fans, than that is a good thing. It would be like the old head who never got over the Phils in 1964. It would taint a generation if it happened here.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 6 2017, 12:12 AM) *

No question...and don't forget all the clock stoppages for Falcon injuries....that happened 2 or 3 times on plays that stayed inbounds....it was the spooky
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Feb 6 2017, 12:19 AM) *
Just ignore me, I'm running high on Hatorade tonight. sad.gif

hahahaha....I know...just bizarre for the most level headed guy here....you keep the rest of us sane... tongue.gif
Wheeljack
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Feb 5 2017, 11:44 PM) *

I'm with you. I hate the Cheatriots.
I would have rather seen Dallas winning another SuperBowl than that duo winning anything. Oh well, it may be the last NFL game I ever watch.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 6 2017, 12:13 AM) *

I was thinking Reid, but yeah. I've preached on this board forever that stupid clock management and play calling means you'll never win a ring. We saw it on display again last night. Others here say it's 'luck' - yet Boston gets a 5th ring while we all are talking about draft picks.

I never once thought the Pats would lose.
Rick
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Feb 6 2017, 03:19 PM) *
I was thinking Reid, but yeah. I've preached on this board forever that stupid clock management and play calling means you'll never win a ring. We saw it on display again last night. Others here say it's 'luck' - yet Boston gets a 5th ring while we all are talking about draft picks.

I never once thought the Pats would lose.

I'm with you, I just have the more recent memories of Pedersen with his stupid playcalling, etc. in mind. But Reid works here as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.