Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Both exciting and troubling
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Lurie, per sources familiar with his thinking, is prepared to give Wentz the skill-position players he lacks. It's little surprise that the Eagles know they need to upgrade at receiver and running back. Roseman and vice president of player personnel Joe Douglas said as much here. The question is to what lengths will they go?
Linc ...

I absolutely agree that the team needs to go the opposite direction that Andy went when he gave DMac below average receivers and pronounced them to be good enough. I'm not sure Jeffery is the way to go, but I won't cry if they do end up luring him here to work with his previous coach. Wentz and the offense needs more consistent production from their receivers.

On the other hand, I've been listening more to WIP's mid morning show with Jon Ritchie and Joe DeCamara. I like Jon's input from an NFL experience perspective and he communicates pretty well. The other day he was talking about his concerns that the Eagles' position coaches weren't at the Senior Bowl. He was pretty animated about it and thinks it's necessary for position coaches to have input on the players they will be working with.

I really don't like the idea of having a Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder owner. If he insists on adding top WR talent but doesn't tell them who to draft or who to sign in FA it may be a good thing. If he starts thinking he can be a fantasy GM we'll be in trouble.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 29 2017, 09:47 AM) *
Linc ...

I absolutely agree that the team needs to go the opposite direction that Andy went when he gave DMac below average receivers and pronounced them to be good enough. I'm not sure Jeffery is the way to go, but I won't cry if they do end up luring him here to work with his previous coach. Wentz and the offense needs more consistent production from their receivers.

On the other hand, I've been listening more to WIP's mid morning show with Jon Ritchie and Joe DeCamara. I like Jon's input from an NFL experience perspective and he communicates pretty well. The other day he was talking about his concerns that the Eagles' position coaches weren't at the Senior Bowl. He was pretty animated about it and thinks it's necessary for position coaches to have input on the players they will be working with.

I really don't like the idea of having a Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder owner. If he insists on adding top WR talent but doesn't tell them who to draft or who to sign in FA it may be a good thing. If he starts thinking he can be a fantasy GM we'll be in trouble.

It is interesting. For him to block DiFillipo and override the others could mean that he sees him as potential head coach material and maybe isn't sure about his current head coach or OC, or that he just doesn't want to mess up the QB room.

Part of me likes the sense of urgency of his actions. Jefferey as a FA WR pickup would be fine by me.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 29 2017, 09:58 AM) *
It is interesting. For him to block DiFillipo and override the others could mean that he sees him as potential head coach material and maybe isn't sure about his current head coach or OC, or that he just doesn't want to mess up the QB room.

Part of me likes the sense of urgency of his actions. Jefferey as a FA WR pickup would be fine by me.

I didn't think about the HC angle. I've read some fairly complimentary stuff about Pederson. I didn't think he was a disaster, only that he made what I thought were bone-head decisions too often. Then again, he's a rookie so maybe Lurie thought the same thing and would think the same thing I do: another year should tell the story, one way or the other.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 29 2017, 11:12 AM) *
I didn't think about the HC angle. I've read some fairly complimentary stuff about Pederson. I didn't think he was a disaster, only that he made what I thought were bone-head decisions too often. Then again, he's a rookie so maybe Lurie thought the same thing and would think the same thing I do: another year should tell the story, one way or the other.

I think Pedey did a good job, all things considered. He had a bunch of shit hit this year.

We'll see if he grows in his 2nd year.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 29 2017, 11:26 AM) *
I think Pedey did a good job, all things considered. He had a bunch of shit hit this year.

We'll see if he grows in his 2nd year.

I agree....I was pleasantly surprised with him....he had numerous problems pop up and handled them well. He had some hiccups but that is to be expected for a first time HC. The fact that they had multiple games that they could have and should have won if not for a rookie QB going through growing pains that would have them actually make the playoffs speaks volumes.

As for the topic of the thread? I guess after not putting pieces around McNabb for many years and repeating that again for most of the QBs including Bradford I guess he now realizes that a QB needs a decent WR.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 30 2017, 08:19 AM) *
I agree....I was pleasantly surprised with him....he had numerous problems pop up and handled them well. He had some hiccups but that is to be expected for a first time HC. The fact that they had multiple games that they could have and should have won if not for a rookie QB going through growing pains that would have them actually make the playoffs speaks volumes.

As for the topic of the thread? I guess after not putting pieces around McNabb for many years and repeating that again for most of the QBs including Bradford I guess he now realizes that a QB needs a decent WR.

I admittedly took out my frustrations on Pederson, with reason but in retrospect, unjustly. He was responsible for a couple of losses that could have been wins, but maybe the point should be that he put them in position to win despite their flaws then took it away with his own flaws. If we anticipate growth and improvement from Wentz, maybe we should do the same for Pederson.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.