Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 10,9,8......
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Very impressive.

If you haven't been watching, tune in.

No JoJo, no Okafor and they go into Mil and get yet another W.

We get the LAL pick unless top 3,

We get the right to swap with SAC.

So we could make the playoffs, swap picks with SAC, which s/b approx 7th, and get the 4th pick from the LAL.

The 4th pick, the 7th pick and Simmons playing next year, would be a real good nucleus to add.

This team are Philly scrappers.

Great to see.

samaroo
Joel Embiid is a beast. And he's only going to get better. I don't want to sound hyperbolic, but he reminds me a little of a young Hakeem.
D Rock
I've seen every game this season. I don't see how Brett Brown doesn't get coach of the year.

Embiid is 100% legit. SUPERSTAR. Best big since Wilt, kind of talent. That said, my heart skips a beat every time he lands awkwardly (which is too often). The injury thing will be in the back of my mind for a LONG time watching him play.

He got JOBBED by the coaches not being named an AllStar.

I absolutely love Ersan Ilyasova. He's the perfect 4 to play along side Joel. And this young group sorely needed his veteran presence. Henderen brings similar leadership, and some scoring.

Sauce could win "most improved" award. His game has grown so much. His shot is falling, and he's added a dribble drive aspect to his game that was never there before.

Simmons is on track to take the court after the allstar break. It'll probably set them back briefly as he gets acclimated, but man... it's gonna be a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

If we can get the Lakers to win a few more and Sacto to lose a few more... we could have 2 top 10 picks in a draft that's reportedly deeper than any draft in years. It's especially deep with point guards, shooters, and potential 3 & D guys. If we can land a legit 2 or a combo guard and a legit 3&D stud, we'd have a very solid bench with Nik, Saric, Hendersen, Holmes, RoCo, & TJ.

I'm open to trading both Jah and Nerlens. Jah doesn't belong on this team. He can't play at our tempo and is a defensive sieve. We'll be lucky to get ANYTHING of substance in return considering we have zero leverage. We could get more for Noel. If we're going to keep one, it's clearly gotta be Noel. But, I'd be perfectly happy with Holmes as the back-up center. Next year, assuming Joel is off the minutes restriction, that backup center might be too small a role for Noel, and more appropriate for Richaun.

Only 2 things could derail the process at this point. Injury. And, Colangelo. It would be very hard for Colangelo to fuck this up. But, he could do it. Cut your losses with Jahlil. I'd get rid of him tomorrow for a cheese steak if I could. Cross your fingers on the Lakers pick, and a Sacto tank.

It's the best time to be a Sixer fan since #3 was lighting up the league. Pre-season, I was predicting 20-25 wins this year. And, that was before Simmons got hurt. Now? They could get to 20 before the AllStar break. It's an amazing turn around.
D Rock
Oops

Double post.
nephillymike
Tied at the half.

They fight, that's for sure.
The Franchise
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 27 2017, 04:17 PM) *
I've seen every game this season. I don't see how Brett Brown doesn't get coach of the year.

Embiid is 100% legit. SUPERSTAR. Best big since Wilt, kind of talent. That said, my heart skips a beat every time he lands awkwardly (which is too often). The injury thing will be in the back of my mind for a LONG time watching him play.

He got JOBBED by the coaches not being named an AllStar.

I absolutely love Ersan Ilyasova. He's the perfect 4 to play along side Joel. And this young group sorely needed his veteran presence. Henderen brings similar leadership, and some scoring.

Sauce could win "most improved" award. His game has grown so much. His shot is falling, and he's added a dribble drive aspect to his game that was never there before.

Simmons is on track to take the court after the allstar break. It'll probably set them back briefly as he gets acclimated, but man... it's gonna be a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

If we can get the Lakers to win a few more and Sacto to lose a few more... we could have 2 top 10 picks in a draft that's reportedly deeper than any draft in years. It's especially deep with point guards, shooters, and potential 3 & D guys. If we can land a legit 2 or a combo guard and a legit 3&D stud, we'd have a very solid bench with Nik, Saric, Hendersen, Holmes, RoCo, & TJ.

I'm open to trading both Jah and Nerlens. Jah doesn't belong on this team. He can't play at our tempo and is a defensive sieve. We'll be lucky to get ANYTHING of substance in return considering we have zero leverage. We could get more for Noel. If we're going to keep one, it's clearly gotta be Noel. But, I'd be perfectly happy with Holmes as the back-up center. Next year, assuming Joel is off the minutes restriction, that backup center might be too small a role for Noel, and more appropriate for Richaun.

Only 2 things could derail the process at this point. Injury. And, Colangelo. It would be very hard for Colangelo to fuck this up. But, he could do it. Cut your losses with Jahlil. I'd get rid of him tomorrow for a cheese steak if I could. Cross your fingers on the Lakers pick, and a Sacto tank.

It's the best time to be a Sixer fan since #3 was lighting up the league. Pre-season, I was predicting 20-25 wins this year. And, that was before Simmons got hurt. Now? They could get to 20 before the AllStar break. It's an amazing turn around.

Wow, you actually show some knowledge of basketball. Good analysis. I knew eventually we'd find something you knew about!
nephillymike
Fuckin' Hardin.

First time ever in NBA:

10 or more REB, 10 or more assists, 50 or more points.

Oh well, shit happens, well, it never happened before!

We needed a loss anyway for the lottery.

Hey D, what is Okafor's trade value?

Is it likely we could trade up from say 9th to 6th or so in the first round by trading Okafor?

If he is that useless, then I think we need to do our best to tank the rest of the year for our best pick. We need to overcome that pick. The lottery participants standings are so crowded. Two games in the loss column can be the difference between 9th and 6th.

Check out this site

http://www.tankathon.com
Joegrane
They are too good to even entertain the idea of tanking.

Even if they trade Noel, they have Simmons coming back.

They can swap picks with Sac, correct? If so, it makes tanking almost irrelevant. The way the Sixers are playing they'll be better than Sac.

Unfortunately it appears they won't be getting the Lakers' pick this year.

For years we'll be wondering...what if they had drafted Porzingis instead?

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 27 2017, 11:38 PM) *
Fuckin' Hardin.

First time ever in NBA:

10 or more REB, 10 or more assists, 50 or more points.

Oh well, shit happens, well, it never happened before!

We needed a loss anyway for the lottery.

Hey D, what is Okafor's trade value?

Is it likely we could trade up from say 9th to 6th or so in the first round by trading Okafor?

If he is that useless, then I think we need to do our best to tank the rest of the year for our best pick. We need to overcome that pick. The lottery participants standings are so crowded. Two games in the loss column can be the difference between 9th and 6th.

Check out this site

http://www.tankathon.com

nephillymike
Hoops fans, check this out

http://fansided.com/2016/06/16/nba-draft-trade-value-chart/

I just heard on the fanatic yesterday that they think Okafor's value is roughly a trade up chip of two spots in the first round of the draft.

So if we finish 8th in the NBA, he could get us to the 6th spot, a value jump of approx .77, which incidentally, is the value of the 38th pick. So the year of tanking to get Okafor, leads to the equivalent of the 38th pick of the draft. Even if we didn't tank, we still would have been a top 12 pick. In the dealing for "assets", Hinkie didn't account for the depreciation of those assets when drafting players with similar positions.

The Sixers have a bright future for sure, but the Hinkie's a genius proclamations are inaccurate.

Joegrane
I agree with you about Hinkie's approach. Taking the best player available does not always work. Of course he should have taken Porzingis but the rumor was that he refused to come to Philly. He should have cut his losses and picked the best player available at any position other than C.

However, partially to his defense, he did not know if Embiid would ever heal enough to play. He did not know that Nerlens would start to develop on the offensive end.

I'd prefer for them to keep Nerlens and dump Okafor. No one knows what Embiid's health is going to be over the long term. Nerlens gives you what you need most from a C--good defense.

I wonder if Okafor's best chance in the NBA is to develop a reliable mid range jumper, loose weight in order to maximize quickness and become an offensive-minded PF.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 29 2017, 11:58 AM) *
Hoops fans, check this out

http://fansided.com/2016/06/16/nba-draft-trade-value-chart/

I just heard on the fanatic yesterday that they think Okafor's value is roughly a trade up chip of two spots in the first round of the draft.

So if we finish 8th in the NBA, he could get us to the 6th spot, a value jump of approx .77, which incidentally, is the value of the 38th pick. So the year of tanking to get Okafor, leads to the equivalent of the 38th pick of the draft. Even if we didn't tank, we still would have been a top 12 pick. In the dealing for "assets", Hinkie didn't account for the depreciation of those assets when drafting players with similar positions.

The Sixers have a bright future for sure, but the Hinkie's a genius proclamations are inaccurate.

D Rock
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jan 29 2017, 09:26 PM) *
I agree with you about Hinkie's approach. Taking the best player available does not always work. Of course he should have taken Porzingis but the rumor was that he refused to come to Philly. He should have cut his losses and picked the best player available at any position other than C.

However, partially to his defense, he did not know if Embiid would ever heal enough to play. He did not know that Nerlens would start to develop on the offensive end.

I'd prefer for them to keep Nerlens and dump Okafor. No one knows what Embiid's health is going to be over the long term. Nerlens gives you what you need most from a C--good defense.

I wonder if Okafor's best chance in the NBA is to develop a reliable mid range jumper, loose weight in order to maximize quickness and become an offensive-minded PF.

Okafor doesn't have the mobility to play the 4. He's too big and slow. His near total lack of athleticism isn't going to improve simply by shedding a few pounds.
nephillymike
http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

A few losses and the draft pick possibilities look rosier.

When you combine our chances with the Right to swap with SAC and the pickup of the LAL pick if it's not top three, here are our chances for getting each pick:

Pick........Our Pick......LAL Pick
1st...........10%...........N/A
2nd..........11%...........N/A
3rd...........13%...........N/A
4th............0%............23%
5th...........25%...........27%
6th...........35%............4%
7th............6%............N/A

Look at the two most likely scenarios:

#1. We get the 5th from LAL plus we get the 6th pick.

#2. We get The 4th from LAL plus we get the 5th pick.

So D Rock and Joe, our resident hoop experts:

If we get the 4th and 5th, who do you pick?

How about the 5th and 6th?

http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

What are we getting? I'm thinking a SF and a PG, or a combo G if Simmons will be handling the point.

C - Embiid
PF- Ilysova (sp)
SF - draft pick or Saric
SG - draft pick
PG - Simmons

Noel, Saric, Covington, Stauskas, Henderson Timothe off the bench to round out the top 11 McConnell and Holmes to fill out the 13

D Rock
Obviously a lot of speculation but...

For me, I sell the farm to move up and get Fultz (consensus #1 overall). He'd be a perfect fit as a 2 guard for us. Legit shooter "in the arena" range. Can act as a primary ball handler, but equally adept at playing off ball. Has the length and lateral mobility to guard 1 through 3.

I've already said, I think we have to trade both Jah and Noel. Assuming the mins restriction is off Embiid next season, I can't see Noel being satisfied with 7 mins a night. For me, Holmes is an ideal backup for Joel. We know Jah can't fit in a space-n-pace system. And Noel is worth more in trade value, than as a backup to Joel. So some combination of either "not long for the sixers" center and our existing picks (assuming the convey) might be enough to jump into that #1 slot. It would define for me, the best case scenario.

Assuming we don't/can't move into the top slot, I'd stay focussed on fit over "BPA."

I like Malik Monk as a pure 2. Legit shooter and solid defender. He should be available at #5.

I also really like Jon Isaac. At 6'10" with a 7 foot wing span, he's still a perimeter player. The jump shot, while somewhat a work in progress (35% from distance) is better than Jackson's and he's more athletic than the more highly touted Tatum. Work ethic and character are off the charts. And he's averaging 20 and 12 per 40 mins. The guy can flat out score and is a plus defender who can guard 1-5. He defines "3 and D."

If we can land any of these 3, I'd be a pig in slop. Hopefully a couple of bigs will go early and push these kids down to us, if we can't move up.

I'm wary of Dennis Smith (lacks size, athletecism, defense), Lonzo Ball (ball dominant, questionable shooting mechanics, lacks elite athletecism), and Tatum (lacks elite athletecism - has higher floor than some, but lower ceiling too).

I would focus on our specific needs as to fill out a roster led by Embiid and Simmons. We need shooting, shooting, and more shooting. We need perimeter defenders who can guard multiple spots and switch everything. And we need guys who can run and keep up the tempo.

With those needs in mind, my wish list is Fultz, Monk, Isaac.
D Rock
Here is what Liberty Ballers has to say re: Isaac

link
nephillymike
Great Stuff D.

I reviewed that Isaac tape. Nice!

If we get lucky and get the 3rd pick, ours, and the 4th pick, from LAL, what combo of those picks, Okafor and Noel get us to #1?

What if we have the 4th and 5th?

With Embiid unusual range for a C, no way to play Noel with him for 10 mins, to get Noel up to 20 min per game?

I think he'll get 10 min per while Embiid rests. They won't over use Embiid I don't think. I don't think JoJo sees 40.
nephillymike
I checked out seven mocks and Monk and Isaac are both there at 5 on six of the seven mocks.

On one, Isaac goes to the Suns at 3, so it looks like you should get both at 4-5 or 5-6.

BTW, the won again without Embiid.

This team is scrappy and they pass the ball so well.

They're killing our draft spot!
D Rock
I'll take this team "learning how to win" over concern about the position of our own draft pick. I'm hanging my draft hat on the Sacto and L.A. picks.

I agree Joel should never see 40 a game. 35 would be where I'd try to get him. I also don't see him and Noel on the court together, but will grant you that'd be a better combination that either with Jahlil. Joel was lost playing the 4 spot to Jahlil's 5. While he has range, his is an inside/out game. In the end, I think Nerlens should be a starter in this league. I think he likely thinks he's a starter in the league. Next year is his last on his rookie deal. How much would you pay to keep him? He's gotta go now while we can get something in return. Because unless we overpay, I don't think he'd resign to be a back up here.
D Rock
Also, I'd give up Jah, Noel, and both LA and Sacto picks for that #1 overall.
nephillymike
Since our pick is the only definite this year, I put more weight on it.

At this point, they've shown a lot in the "learning how to win" department and for those few who will be around after the dust settles, I think we can concentrate on that next year.

Baby Embiid's ailments, take it slow with Simmons, and that should hopefully keep our pick 7,or better.

Then go all out next year.

There's no guarantee that by the time we get to use the LAL or SAC pick that they will be any better than a 7 th pick we can have this year.
nephillymike
WTF!

Sixers up by 7 at SA mid of 3rd.

Draft spot boys, draft spot!
nephillymike
Crisis averted.

We lost and now have the 4th worst record.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.