Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yo, Dreagan ...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I stumbled on this article about your team that doesn't sound very flattering. Being a devoted media cynic I thought I should ask our family expert his thoughts. Whatcha think?
In Dallas’ return to prominence behind an elite offensive line, and great rookies at quarterback and running back, you can see how the offense could only get better next season. The Cowboys were fifth in scoring, third in DVOA, and second in rushing yards. They were 30th in pass attempts, and you would expect that as Dak Prescott grows, so will his moments to win games with his arm, just as they would be wise to cut down on Ezekiel Elliott’s 322 carries. However, there’s still a chance that the offense gets worse and with a defense that is already average-to-below-average, Dallas finds themselves in an offseason bind to keep the band together and add good players despite having no cap room.

Like literally less than zero cap room.
Linc ...
Joegrane
Getting some cap relief by trading Tony R could help them greatly. I wonder if they would have to give up a draft pick to get someone to take Tony's contract!?

QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 21 2017, 08:31 AM) *
I stumbled on this article about your team that doesn't sound very flattering. Being a devoted media cynic I thought I should ask our family expert his thoughts. Whatcha think?
Linc ...

Phits
Dallas' D played better as the season progressed. I would think that maintaining that synergy is as important as finding FA relief. I'd use the draft to fill the "holes" which would allow for stability on D.
Reality Fan
The Cowboys only get 5 million in relief moving or cutting Romo next year...they get considerable relief the following 2 years but their O line will start eating up cap space unless, of course, you subscribe to the theory that the O line wil sign for less money "for the team". lol
Dreagon
Hard to say.

One the one hand, Jerry is always right up against the cap and this is a yearly thing with us so we're sorta used to it.

On the other hand, this time we have twenty players hitting free agency and a lot of them are contributors.

Offensively, the two biggest are Ronald Leary and Terrance Williams. I don't see us being able to keep either. I think we're going to have to concentrate on minimizing the losses to the defense. 3/4s of our backfield will be free agents, and while they aren't anywhere close to being the greatest backfield, we are going to need to hang on to a couple of them just for a little continuity and so we can concentrate more on getting a pass rusher or two. I figure we'll try and hang on to Church. We'll probably let Claiborne shop around and hope his injury history scares other teams away. I have no idea about Carr. He got way overpaid, but I guess we might consider keeping him if he's now cheap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.