Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles front 7
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I'm not much of a stat guy, so when I read this I don't know if PFF is a reliable source or if what they're coming up with has much merit. Nonetheless, I thought I'd share because it sounds like if we get corners that can play we might have ourselves a fun defense to watch.
It was a difficult decision between the Eagles and the Seahawks for the No. 1 spot, as this front-seven propped up a hodge-podge secondary to form one of the league’s most effective defenses for a good portion of the season. Brandon Graham and Fletcher Cox finished with the third- and fourth-highest pass-rushing productivity marks at their respective positions. Philadelphia’s front-seven also features a budding star in second-year linebacker Jordan Hicks, who led all players at the position with five interceptions.
Here ...
Rick
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 18 2017, 08:13 PM) *
I'm not much of a stat guy, so when I read this I don't know if PFF is a reliable source or if what they're coming up with has much merit. Nonetheless, I thought I'd share because it sounds like if we get corners that can play we might have ourselves a fun defense to watch.
Here ...

I saw this earlier and kinda laughed. Don't know how they break down the numbers but I'd hardly say the front 7 was all that great after the start of the season. Yes, they showed flashes after that but, for the most part, they were below average. They went, what, 4 games without a sack? How do you justify saying that front 7 is at or near the top of the NFL based on their performance this past season?
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 18 2017, 07:13 PM) *
Here ...

I don't get it. As you can see from this Quick Slants clip (Quick Slants is an Eagles show on Comcast Sports Network hosted by Derrick Gunn & Reuben Frank), they finished in the middle of the pack defending the run (15th) and sacks (16); during a 9 week period in the middle of the season, they only registered 5 1/2 sacks.

Somebody at PFF must have been hitting the crack pipe pretty hard when they came up with that.

http://www.csnphilly.com/video/show/quick-slants

When you get to the webpage, you may have to click on the "Are the Eagles' front 7 one of the best in the league?" link.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.