Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Okay, I'm done mourning...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Dreagon
It took a day or two, but in the end I had to remind myself that I originally predicted us to go 5-11 this season...so I should take just making the playoffs as a victory.

Now to the upcoming horrorshow.

I don't know who to root for in the upcoming GB/Atlanta game because my preference depends on who wins the game after them. I find myself in the uncomfortable position of rooting for Pittsburgh, because I loathe Brady and the Patriots even more. My preferred Superbowl matchup would be Pittsburgh vs Atlanta with the Falcons bringing home the Lombardi.
But...
If the Patriots beat the Steelers, then I fear the only force that has a chance of stopping them is Aaron Rodgers. Atlanta has a great offensive scheme, but so does New England...and nobody is better at dissecting and defeating schemes than Bill Belichik. So as much as it pains me at the moment, I think it will take a guy who is great enough to transcend scheme to have a chance of beating them.
I guess I'm just trying to avoid the nightmarish hilarity of seeing Roger Goodall handing Tom Brady that trophy. Sure, there would be joy in seeing Goodall struggling to hide the humiliation...but there would also be soul crushing horror at witnessing that level of victory being enjoyed by Brady. I would have to have a very large bucket onhand to protect my furniture from the apocalyptic levels of regurgitation that would ensue.
But until that awful moment looms...

*choke* Go Steelers! *choke*
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 18 2017, 11:44 AM) *
It took a day or two, but in the end I had to remind myself that I originally predicted us to go 5-11 this season...so I should take just making the playoffs as a victory.

Now to the upcoming horrorshow.

I don't know who to root for in the upcoming GB/Atlanta game because my preference depends on who wins the game after them. I find myself in the uncomfortable position of rooting for Pittsburgh, because I loathe Brady and the Patriots even more. My preferred Superbowl matchup would be Pittsburgh vs Atlanta with the Falcons bringing home the Lombardi.
But...
If the Patriots beat the Steelers, then I fear the only force that has a chance of stopping them is Aaron Rodgers. Atlanta has a great offensive scheme, but so does New England...and nobody is better at dissecting and defeating schemes than Bill Belichik. So as much as it pains me at the moment, I think it will take a guy who is great enough to transcend scheme to have a chance of beating them.
I guess I'm just trying to avoid the nightmarish hilarity of seeing Roger Goodall handing Tom Brady that trophy. Sure, there would be joy in seeing Goodall struggling to hide the humiliation...but there would also be soul crushing horror at witnessing that level of victory being enjoyed by Brady. I would have to have a very large bucket onhand to protect my furniture from the apocalyptic levels of regurgitation that would ensue.
But until that awful moment looms...

*choke* Go Steelers! *choke*

I feel for you man. Click on the link below. It should help console you with the pain that comes along with a devastating loss like that.

Getting over the hurt
nephillymike
Tough loss D.

Real tough one.

For you to be up walking and functioning and on this message board so soon is a sign of resilience.

If an Eagles fan wanted Dallas fans to suffer the most, that's pretty close to the script they would write.

The only thing that may have been more painful would have been DAL to be up 21-3 and then lose it that way at the end. Other than that, this was the worst ending, I would think.

I have one semi relative, one business associate and two coworkers who bust my balls about DAL all year. It gets brutal sometimes.

I took the high road on three of them and didn't even mention it. On the semi-relative, a sent him a text purposefully on another non sports subject for the purpose of letting him know I was out there lurking.

You are all class D, so I hope you get over it.

I agree with your take on the situation. I want Pit to beat the cheaters, and I think either of the other teams will be worthy opponents for whoever comes out of the AFC.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.